Strapping System for TE Armor!

xmart

Hey Guys,

I need a complete set of strapping system for use with my TE armor.
Where can I get a set?

Cheers.

Im doing mine by buying the elastic by the foot at the Joannes Fabrics. The drawback is you have to sew the velcro onto the elastic, or use a snap system.

Thanks buddy but I don't know about the measurements? :D

Does anyone have idea on the strapping measurements for the Stormtrooper?

Anymore ideas?

Originally posted by xmart@Apr 18 2006, 12:52 PM
Thanks buddy but I don't know about the measurements?  :D

Does anyone have idea on the strapping measurements for the Stormtrooper?

Anymore ideas?
[snapback]1228504[/snapback]​

Strapping measurements would be based on your body measurements. There is no "universal strapping system for TE armor". It's all custom made. Just buy a few yards of black elastic material... buy more than you'll think you'll need, it's cheap enough.

build8.jpg

build10.jpg

I have many more located here, in even more detail.
http://www.tk1536.com/armor2.html

To hold up the ab/back pieces, I have regular nylon strapping and a couple of snap buckles on mine.

Here you can see the shorter straps with the "male" side of the buckle attached to the ab plate, and the longer straps with the "female" side attached to the back. All of the strapping is riveted to the armor.

straps1.jpg

A closer shot of the male side, which is also where adjustments are made if you need to lengthen or shorten anything.
straps2.jpg

And finally, a quick shot of both ends nearly snapped together. When I actually wear the armor, I cross the back straps behind my neck like suspenders and snap them together in the front.

straps3.jpg

All of my other armor bits have elastic strapping on them for more range of motion. My chest/back armor, shoulder bells, and bicep pieces are all permanently attached to each other too, so I can just pull the whole thing on and off like a shirt.

There are many ways to accomplish this, it just depends on what you prefer and how much work you want to put into it. :)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back