Stranger Things (Netflix)

So..**** weasels in season 2. Since the writers are such Stephen King fans and use a bunch of his stuff in season 1. I would think they are pulling Dream catcher ideas to go forth with will's pukey teeth monster down the drain.

So, I'm seeing (& loving) all the press these four kids are doing, but I feel a bit bad for the young man playing Will. The show was about finding him, but he seems to have been forgotten.

My BTS thought is that he could be the antagonist in season two, so they're keeping them separated for acting reasons.

nah... i'm not feeling that. on set, actors are actors, off set, people are people... i could be wrong but 'finding' him isn't about them all hanging out when the season is over, he's prob. got stuff to do and things.... lol, even stranger things.

my two cents

nah... i'm not feeling that. on set, actors are actors, off set, people are people... i could be wrong but 'finding' him isn't about them all hanging out when the season is over, he's prob. got stuff to do and things.... lol, even stranger things.

my two cents

I agree most of the time. My thought was just this- Due to the ages of the kids, they're probably going to start shooting pretty soon. They are good actors, but still learning their craft. I know that the Duffer brothers had the boys hanging out before shooting started on season one, to develop the friendship that needed to be on the screen. Lots of time, actors that are antagonists will separate themselves from the rest of the cast to maintain an air of unfamiliarity. I was just wondering if that's what was going on here. All four of the boys were friends, but these three have gone through something that Will hasn't, & vice-versa. Keeping them apart could be to help the performances of these young actors.

Every time they kept showing the top of that building from sky down - it was always at night - and it always made me think of the shot in ROTJ where the camera pans down as the shuttle lands on endor. The arguement over Lando was great too :)

I thought the same exact thing. It looked like a matte painting.

Just finished the show. Really enjoyed it. I like how the ending creates a good place to start for S2.

Finally finished catching up with this last week. I found it worthwhile, but am definitely not having the OMIGERD reaction a lot of my fellows are.
The kids are written and acted very well. Gaten Matarazzo is a delight.
The music isn't really a score, it's just wallpaper.
And Melissa Mathison should get royalty checks from how much they lifted from E.T.
A few editing decisions were unmotivated.

I do like that the jerkwad boyfriend isn't really a jerkwad, but rather just a teenager still figuring it all out and making mistakes.

I'll probably give S2 a shot.

I do like that the jerkwad boyfriend isn't really a jerkwad, but rather just a teenager still figuring it all out and making mistakes.

I think I liked the Jerkwad boyfriend more than most!

My wife got really mad when he wrecked the camera... I then said "he had reason... a guy literally stood in the bushes and took pics of him and his girlfriend while they hooked up"

in that scenario, he was in the right to just break his camera.

Then every time he should fall into the cliche, he pulled back and apologized... he reacted like a real person in high tension situations... Start a fight, realize he was part of the problem, try and make good. Finds his girl in a house that looks completely crazy, she pulls a gun on him, he reacts like anyone would, then books it. Realizes his girl and the other guy may be in danger, mans up and fights back.

Buys the guy a new camera at the end.

Great character.

I think I liked the Jerkwad boyfriend more than most!

My wife got really mad when he wrecked the camera... I then said "he had reason... a guy literally stood in the bushes and took pics of him and his girlfriend while they hooked up"

in that scenario, he was in the right to just break his camera.

Then every time he should fall into the cliche, he pulled back and apologized... he reacted like a real person in high tension situations... Start a fight, realize he was part of the problem, try and make good. Finds his girl in a house that looks completely crazy, she pulls a gun on him, he reacts like anyone would, then books it. Realizes his girl and the other guy may be in danger, mans up and fights back.

Buys the guy a new camera at the end.

Great character.

You know, I find it funny that out of all the reaction videos I've seen on the final episode, people get upset that Nancy is still with Steve. I'm like, "He just saved her life, he apologized for his actions, and he chipped in to buy a new camera to replace the one he broke. Not to mention, it's only been a month or so. Of course she's still with him!" XD Seriously, this show has played with tropes and have tapped danced around them. Nancy staying with Steve is no different.

You know, I find it funny that out of all the reaction videos I've seen on the final episode, people get upset that Nancy is still with Steve. I'm like, "He just saved her life, he apologized for his actions, and he chipped in to buy a new camera to replace the one he broke. Not to mention, it's only been a month or so. Of course she's still with him!" XD Seriously, this show has played with tropes and have tapped danced around them. Nancy staying with Steve is no different.

they're kids... kids will do that, makes perfect sense

I'm not saying it's illogical but it's just unsavory for my happy ending.

The moment he shamed her publicly with vandalism should be the point of no return for a relationship. I'm not saying that people don't violate those rules but it doesn't sit right with me. I just don't like it.

So he bravely stood up to the creature and fought along side them. I would be very grateful for that but romance is a different part of the equation - at least for me.

My wife didn't have a problem with it. She thought it was sweet that he redeemed himself. My jaw dropped and I said, "That's why girls like you were suckers for bad boys! Always looking for excuses to exonerate them!"

they're kids... kids will do that, makes perfect sense
That's how I explain it to myself. I'm still hoping he gets his head bitten off in season 2.

I read the creators saying they did it because it seemed more realistic. It seemed typical and more real that she would still end up with him, like the good guy never wins kinda thing.

I read the creators saying they did it because it seemed more realistic. It seemed typical and more real that she would still end up with him, like the good guy never wins kinda thing.

Pft. Neither of them was a "good guy". I would've been happier if she'd blown them both off, personally.

IIRC, he found out about it after the fact. During the course of the series, he takes a path toward reforming. He's making a conscious decision to abandon questionable behavior and that of his preexisting friends. That makes him at least a proto-good guy.

i just went through it for the 2nd time.

At the end when she gives Jonathon the camera and then sits with Steve she looks like she's still battling with the decision. I didn't get that 1st time.

Maybe something will change for the 2nd season. But Jonathon may be king of the freind zone by then.

I was going through an email from Monsters in Motion and came across this.
061PG04_Stranger-Things-Eleven.jpg
http://www.monstersinmotion.com/car...hings-eleven-1-4-scale-bust-model-kit-p-22611

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back