Stranger Things (Netflix)

We just finished the season last night. The kids were all great, especially Millie Brown. I don't have anything to add that hasn't been said before, but this is easily my favorite show since Breaking Bad.
I'm sure that a second season will come, but who knows how long it'll take. I can't help but suspect it'll be a different batch of characters and a storyline that sort of tangentially ties to the first season.
One thing that I don't think was cleared up, or shown at all in the finale...
Are we to assume that the gate was left open? I didn't see anything that implied otherwise.

We just finished the season last night. The kids were all great, especially Millie Brown. I don't have anything to add that hasn't been said before, but this is easily my favorite show since Breaking Bad.
I'm sure that a second season will come, but who knows how long it'll take. I can't help but suspect it'll be a different batch of characters and a storyline that sort of tangentially ties to the first season.
One thing that I don't think was cleared up, or shown at all in the finale...
Are we to assume that the gate was left open? I didn't see anything that implied otherwise.

I think Will is the gate's anchor now. If, indeed, that's really Will. :)

Just wanted to chime in and say how much I (as well as my wife!) love Stranger Things. We still have 1 or 2 episodes left to watch, but it's been nothing but bliss so far. A true gem. What's more, I have the series' score on heavy rotation, it's just perfect. It helps that I like analogue synths so much (usually more so in a progressive rock context, but they beat modern keyboards any given day)

I know, some people say it's all just a glorified copypasta of Spielberg, King, etc, but it's done with so much enthusiasm that the result just speaks for itself. It completely panders to the 80s nostalgia, but in my book, that is a good thing. Also, as a big D&D nerd, the show delivers on an additional level as well.

By the way, since I guess not everyone knows their D&D, the "Demogorgon" (there is only one) is the prince of Demons and has 2 heads which constantly are at odds. 2 heads, which could very well be El and the creature from Upside Down.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

There's been a "theory" call it more of an understanding of what the creators intended, that Eleven and the monster are one in the same, that the monster is something she found within herself and created, a mirror image.

There's been a "theory" call it more of an understanding of what the creators intended, that Eleven and the monster are one in the same, that the monster is something she found within herself and created, a mirror image.
That's probably not far from the truth. Te monster is her, upside down.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Um.....I thought that this was implied in the show,....thats how I took it,.....I'm kind of taken aback that someone has made a fan theory

Monster from the Id

J

Yeah, apparently picking up on what writers intended is now called a "fan theory", haha. And by the way, Mike never "got" an X-men #134. Dustin told Will he would give him one if he beat him racing bikes. Nothing to do with Mike, and it was never actually seen in the show...

They've got a 360VR video up on YouTube.

And it looks like there's a more advanced one that they had some of the cast try out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone else think that Millie Bobby Brown looks a wee bit like young Carrie Fisher?

millie-bobby-brown_a354440_jpg_290x478_upscale_q90.jpg

Young-Carrie.jpeg

latest?cb=20120110005332.jpg
\
actor-millie-bobby-brown-from-netflixs-stranger-things-poses-for-a-picture-id584185318

J

This is a really great show and the cast of kids is really stellar. Especially Mille Brown. I love the music to death. Being a hard core Depeche Mode fan, the soundtrack is in league with them or Tangerine Dream.

OK, as always I'm late to these things, but this one looks like it might be my kinda vibe (being an 80's kid). But I gotta ask - I keep seeing this listed under the horror genre. What sort are we talking? If it's 'Alien' levels then fine, but if it's 'The Thing' or 'Saw' I'm out.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back