Stranger Things - D&D Miniatures & Other Props

Friday, Oct. 27
12 a.m. – Stranger Things (Netflix)

Saw this on AOL entertainment page. Season 2 coming in October.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well sadly, no new DnD miniatures in Season 2. However, a couple of the LJN ADND figures did show up.

I've ID'ed most of the punk gang's Halloween masks, and most of them are repainted from their store bought versions.

And of course that’s a modern mask that’s repainted, "Baby Doll Mask" by Disguise, 2011. The rest are vintage, mostly Ben Cooper (mummy, carebear)

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Just realized the other girl's mask is the same base as Jane's as well. Both are repainted and have the forehead trimmed a bit.

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 11.19.41 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-03 at 11.20.15 AM.png

Has any ID'd which D&D Monster Manual the kids have in episode Mind Flayer?

I suspect it is the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual 1978 Hardcover by TSR games

Based on the art and when the show is set, I'm pretty certain that's the Monster Manual they used. The old boxed sets wouldn't have had a separate Monster Manual, at least not a hard cover one, and I'm not sure that the Mind Flayer would have been a monster in them either.

CB2001 that siding is asbestos cement siding. you cant buy it anymore and I wouldn't touch it with your bare hands. I know this because I had the same siding on my house when I was a kid and we had to remove it and put up vinyl before we could sell the house.

Stranger Things - D&D Miniatures & Other Props

@CB2001 that siding is asbestos cement siding. you cant buy it anymore and I wouldn't touch it with your bare hands. I know this because I had the same siding on my house when I was a kid and we had to remove it and put up vinyl before we could sell the house.

Don't worry, I didn't touch it, nor will I plan on doing so. Taking the photo of the siding was the only thing I did and was the most comfortable doing. But Hank you for giving me the heads up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I found Steve's jacket from Season 2, it's a Members Only branded Men's Original Iconic Racer Jacket.
The bandanna looks pretty generic to me.
I still cannot ID the goggles he is wearing in The Gate. What do you guys think?
Untitled.png

So I finally got my parents to watch this show and my mother laughs saying Mike has all the same bedsheet sets I did including the one he uses for the radio fort. Then she pulled them out of the closet to prove it, lol. Probably gonna sell them. Never thought my mom hangin onto useless stuff would work out positive, lol.

seven said:
viewpost-right.png

Has any ID'd which D&D Monster Manual the kids have in episode Mind Flayer?

I suspect it is the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual 1978 Hardcover by TSR games

Based on the art and when the show is set, I'm pretty certain that's the Monster Manual they used. The old boxed sets wouldn't have had a separate Monster Manual, at least not a hard cover one, and I'm not sure that the Mind Flayer would have been a monster in them either.

You are correct, that is the Monster Manual used. I went running to grab mine and flip to the Mind Flayer to show my kids when Dustin pulled it out. If you want a picture of the Mind Flayer in there just let me know and I will hook you up.

I have a real Boy Scout pocket signal disk and it's about 1/3rd the size of the one seen on the show. I think they scanned a real one and enlarged it.

Hi.

I think I found Lucas' binoculars, they appear to be Military Bell & Howell M19 7X50 Binoculars, but can't find them for a reasonable price at all since they're pretty vintage, if anybody can find a replica of sorts or a pair that doesn't cost like $100 (?) - please let me know, thank you!

5580654997_f1a8b8b34c_b.jpgLucas_with_his_binoculars.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back