Strange Looking Pred 2 Helmet

S

supa troop

In Predator 2 right near the end of the Movie Danny Glovers character has just killed the Pred.

The other Pred's arrive to take away his body as you see them walking away and right before the Main Pred gives Glover his prize, You see a Predator with a really strange looking Helmet.

Another time you see him as soon as Glover say's "o.k who's next" the Predator thats nearest

I cant work out wether its a half face Helmet or a totally different Helmet all together to what we have seen.

Can anyone tell me about this Helmet, sorry i cant post the Screen cap

Simon TK282
UKG

Simon,

The only 2 Helms seen when Lt Harrigan say's 'Okay, who's next?' is the Pred 1 & Teeth Bio Helms. Is that the one?

I'm pretty sure those are the ones seen at that particular moment. LMK.

Happy hunting!

Tim.

Tim that must be the one, with teeth showing can anyone put up a picture of it.

Thanks Tim

Simon

The helmet

The project that never gets complete, I know of 2 people that started but never completed them. this was the last i ever saw of this.

From what i heard about this piece, It is in japan in a private collection

Last edited by a moderator:
In The Meat Market forum under Bodysuits...3rd pic down shows the teeth helm also. I was following this project on the RPF and was interested in one of the helmets. Last update was all I've seen and now believe the project is doomed. Sad, because it was looking great, and was generating alot of interest. So now we wait..

Yautja Clone :.

"Want Some Candy" ?

Andy thanks for the pictures, thats the one alwright and i want one now........

So does anyone know why out of all the Preds this guy gets to be different?

Its a cool helmet though shame there arn't any about.

Simon

It's really a shame that not allot of visual records were kept (at least from what we know of) of the pieces that were created for the film.
what's even the worst crime is that allot of the pieces found their way into the @#%$ can after the film. that was before the whole "prop" thing started. lost treasures

AWWWWW Tim you wicked, wicked man does this mean what i think it means.

You've got one havent you

Simon

can ya share a pic of it tim?
michael
The teeth helmet was actually the helmet that was suposed to worn in the first Predator but they didn't want people confusing that with being his actual face so they went with the smooth more organic look you see today.
I personally would like to see a variety of different helms.
There has been a number of different helmets made for the gargaekits. I think a company named Gort did a Predator kit with several helmets to choose from.

Simon, Michael,

Actually, if you have the Pred SE R2 DVD, checkout the KPH tribute segment. During the interview with Stan Winston, you can actually see another Pred Bio Helm hanging on the wall just behind him. Not too clear but you can tell it's a different variant.

As for the Teeth Helm guys, to be honest I don't have it...yet.

I won't make any promises or say anything as yet but I'm in the midst of something with 2 talented individuals. I'll keep you posted once I'm happy with the 'thingy', wish me luck!

Happy hunting!

Tim.

I've got my tooth helmet done..I call it my skull helmt though.

Pics as soon as the casting is complete!!!

I'm such a tease!!!!

David

Well, looks like we already have a winner! David, you tease you!

Looks like mine will be a personal pet project.

Can't wait to see yours David!

Happy hunting!

Tim.

I was at Monsters In Motion one day when that original skull mold walked in the door, I about fell over. I was told that it was a copy of Steve Wang's original sculpt. I didn't know for sure until I met Steve some years later and he told me that he had actually sculpted that version. Anyone ask Steve if that is something he has the molds for? I know that he make the masks?

Guy was wanting to sell it really bad and I didn't have two nickels to rub together.It sold, but I don't know to whom, if I could ever find out who bought that piece I am sure they were making copies.

I did find a cash of original P2 casting from one of the guys that worked on P2. I bought all three and sold them to several Japanese collectors, that was an amazing find.

Paul

sales@lucasfrancisstudio.com

I'll ask Steve about that helmet.
I know that was his original design and
the idiot studio heads thought it looked too much like a creature head and not like a helmet so they made him change it.
Larry
Paul, You had to sell all 3 of them!!!!

Larry,

Hell I can't even afford my own replicas! :LOL

Yeah I sold all three, but I do know that the guy had a few damaged castings. It's been a few years, who knows maybe he still has a few.

If anyone is interested I could give him a call. He is a respected FX shop owner and he is credited on P2.

I know he was going to make a mold from one of his masters as well, don't know if he ever did.

I sold the original castings for $1500 each finished with a letter from the artist. They sold really fast! I would say replica from the same artist or one of the bad pull cleaned up would cost at least half?

Is it worth a call Larry?

Paul

sales@lucasfrancisstudio.com

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back