Stormtrooper Armor Lineage Chart

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by rigormortis, Jun 20, 2006.

1. rigormortis

rigormortis Well-Known Member

I remember an old thread here that had to do with Vader helm lineage and someone did an awesome chart. It's bugged me for a while that there was never a Stormtrooper armor lineage chart (but there is an excellent helmet lineage chart thanks to Bingo's awesome site: http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/stormfamilytree.htm ), so I'm willing to put one together if folks in the know are willing to help fill in the blanks without 1) revealing the armorer's private details other than suit nomenclature (i.e. GT/AFX) or 2) getting into a flame war over it. Basically, I want to do a simple timeline with armor name, date first produced, # of revisions, perhaps a little detail, and perhaps pics of improved areas and accuracy.

Suits I have names for are:
    Andrew Ainsworth/Shepperton Designs Studio (1976-2004?) + revisions. ABS
    Elstree suits?
    Galaxy Trading (GT)/Armor FX (AFX). ABS
    Movie FX - Germany. ABS
    Marco
    GF/Follano Type 1 and Type 2 (2001? copied from screen-used ROTJ suit and ANH helm) + revisions
    TrooperExpert (TE) (2002?) + subsequent revisions
    AuthenticProps or AP (2005?)
    Canadian RT-Mod (2005?)
    TE2 (the new guy who just bought the TE molds) (2006?)
    Meatsock (helmet only?)
    Anon
    Oakley
    Gino/CRProps (made from the same HDPE ANH helm)
    Don Post (may have been cut apart to make armor molds)

If you know of any others or would like to contribute to this RPF community project, either PM me or add to the thread without revealing any personal info about the armorers.

I just think it'd be an interesting lineage guide and show armor progress through the years and what armor it was based on. And this chart will be released here for free.

2. rigormortis

Progress thus far (revised):

AA/SDS v1 (Screen used)
    2nd Gen - Gino/CRProps & TE v1 (ROTJ suit and ANH helm) & TE v2 & AA/SDS v2
    3rd Gen - GF v2/AP/ABS80

My understanding is that most accurate, cast off originals were based off Gino and TE's work (which was based on AA's original work and a ROTJ suit?). Need to uncover fact if AA v2 uses TE parts as rumored or if he simply cleaned up/repaired the original molds.

Fan made (no connections yet, although the GF v1 is rumored to be patterned after Marco's original)
    Marco
    Studio Creations
    GF v1/FX/GT
    MovieFX (my understanding is that it's a TE v1 ANH helm)
    RT-Mod v1 (2003 fanmade w/DP Deluxe Helm) to current v2 w/ANH helm, claimed TE face)

If anyone cares to help clarify the research without starting a flamewar, the chart does have some gaps and facts that need filled.

3. PMTrooper

PMTrooper Active Member

my mfx bucket looks more like a GF than a TE
    ok i´m no expert

and where should the troopermaster find his place in this list?

4. rigormortis

I haven't heard of TrooperMaster armor out there, but if someone can validate it as mass-produced armor, I'll gladly add it to the list.

I also neglected to add Studio Creations to the Fan Made (original) section. It's been rectified.

You are correct. It is my understanding that originally the MFX was GF v1 based, but it's since been upgraded to a TE derivative, so there are more versions of MFX that I need to add to the list.

Thanks for pointing that out and I'll research the TM suits.

5. SethB6025

SethB6025 Well-Known Member

TM's suits are all original sculpts. As far as RT Mod helmet goes, the first was a modified Don Post Deluxe, later on the faceplate was replaced with a copy of a TE or possibly GF. I think the current cap/back is a modified version of the DPD. The armor is an original sculpt.

6. dirtydave

dirtydave Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I believe Anon is TE?

7. GINO

GINO Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Not enough energy to compose an entire family tree, so I'll give you the short version.

- Film used pieces
    - Me
    - Everyone else (you guys sort out the mess)

No one has molds (ANH/ROTJhelmet & ROTJ armor) that are closer in lineage to the film used items they were taken from than I do. The molds I have touched the insides of the real items. NO ONE ELSE can say that. Just wanted to clarify.

8. rigormortis

Thanks for the clarification, Gino and no offense meant at all. Honestly, I'm not trying to reopen old wounds or restart old arguements - I just thought it'd be cool to have a lineage chart.

Per your statement (which I have no reason to doubt as truth), that puts you parallel with TE (who claimed access to original suit parts) under AA/SDS (original ANH/ESB) vs under TE in the chart.

The problem with researching matters like this is there is so much uninformed opinion and very little fact. Hopefully I'll be able to sort out the background of the GF/AP/ABS80, which I still have under TE lineage in my tree. It may well be that they did the same thing as you, but I seem to recall them getting permission from TE to produce armor, but I could be very mistaken.

Bear with me and I think we'll have something that most people can agree with, and it will be a free chart.

9. GINO

No offense at all.

The molds taken from the original items were sold by TE and in my possession for like 6 years now. EVERYTHING else is either an "authorized" or "unauthorized" recast.

So no, no one has molds with closer lineage than what I have here with me right now. Untouched and unaltered.
    Mold duplicates were made for the ANH style armor which is what people have gotten from me in the past. No one at this point in time, has received any items that came directly off the original molds. No one seems to care for rotj stuff besides me.

Not to open a can of worms or anything but it is believed my most trooper experts that the SDS helmet is not from unaltered original molds, and the SDS armor is a recast off GF/TE. So by that notion, I wouldn't put them anywhere near the top in terms of closest to having molds that are able to produce film accurate parts.

10. rigormortis

Agreed. I meant AA/SDS as the original 1976 armor maker, not their current v2 commercial and possibly canibalized TE/GF v2 version.

I'll ensure the chart accurately reflects what you have said.

11. exoray

exoray Master Member

<div class='quotetop'></div>
    A good start...

But, are you going by facts, common belief or ? You will find many different stories in regards to some of the items, it all depends on what camp you talk to...

That would be an ugly can of worms to open, I don't believe you will find any proof of what exactly AA did except for maybe the common belief/fact that he vaccum formed parts as this is one of the only things LFL and AA claim in common... So was it his work, to what extent?

IMO to be totally honest, I wouldn't call any screen used stuff "AA/SDS v1" but rather just LFL production items made in part by AA/SDS...

You never will, AA claims and claims and claims and LFL and others claim the opposite... That is all you are going to get, no facts or proof...

Although IMO it's clearly obvious that several of the AA armor parts are indeed recasts of TE/GF parts... But, others probably believe in another mystery source...

IMO there are NO original molds in the publics hands, "maybe" LFL has something but only they know... But. hey some people want to believe...

Well even AA himself has admited altering "the molds" for a better fit, so I would chaulk this up as fact...

12. GINO

No one else but me have molds that make 2nd gen parts.

13. rigormortis

Agreed. It's a good start (not at all perfect) and we all have to start somewhere.

In the end, we may not be able to prove anything if AA doesn't want to tell us the truth, so I do believe we'll have to make a best educated guess in some cases, which I really do not like to do. I'd prefer the chart to be 100% accurate and true rather than hypothesis, but again, that may never happen.

But I do think the chart is starting to flesh itself out - I'll post my working (hand-drawn) chart in the am and see how the dust settles.

And thanks once again to everyone in being objective vs. letting this get too heated with opinion. My aim is not to point fingers or accusations - it's to have the most accurate FREE lineage chart we can produce as a team.

<div class='quotetop'>(GINO @ Jun 22 2006, 12:20 AM) [snapback]1265470[/snapback]</div>
    I've accepted your claim, Gino. It is verifiable.

AA claims differently but nobody has been able to verify his claim, so I'll have to record his claim as unverified until someone comes forward.

I may agree to accept the original screen-used name as LFL Production Armor (circa 1976, produced by SDS). I really wish we knew as fact who made the first sculpt. According to Jez's site, AA is said to have sculpted the helm for pitching to 20th Century Fox, but did he also sculpt the armor? Someone else at Elstree sculpted the Vader helm in like 13 hours (for the life of me I can't remember the poor chap's name).

14. GINO

The chart should start out reading like this:

screen used originals: LFL (left out SDS so people don't confuse it with his current product)
    2nd gen: Gino
    3rd gen: TE, GF, etc....

15. rigormortis

Gino - So TE never mass produced any armor from the molds before you bought them from him? This is why I "assumed" and could be wrong that he also did 2nd Gen Armor (albiet ANH helm and ROTJ armor).

If this is true, I will change the chart.

16. exoray

exoray Master Member

<div class='quotetop'>(rigormortis @ Jun 21 2006, 07:48 PM) [snapback]1265496[/snapback]</div>
    Well if it was me I would have not made many pulls from the molds taken from the original, too high of a risk of damage and too much work to reproduce... A much better business move would be to create a production mold from the original... In essense I guess a third generation, but probably more like a 2 1/2 generation :)

This is the main problem I have with AA's "original" mold story... Why would anyone be so foolish as to take chances with a one of a kind mold? Is he really that foolish as to redo the one of a kind mold for a better fit? What happens when it fails? It WILL fail in time and then what? Anyone that has vacuum formed will atest to the fact that pulling a complex shape like the trooper face plate will stress the mold to no end causing it to fail, unless it's made of metal...

So as far as I'm concerned probably 90% of all production items are a generation removed from the original as to protect the original...

17. GINO

First you have to decide whether or not the chart is going to reflect the status of who has the ability to make what currently. That makes the most sense to me.
    For example, some of the last stuff TE offered before he went into so-called retirement used some reworked GF pieces. After the 2nd gen tier, things have been modified so much that there would be like v9 versions and the like.

There were some items TE made from the molds I have now like 8 years ago, but they were made from a crude home made machine and did not capture anything close detail wise to what the molds were capable of producing. Not even worth counting.

18. rigormortis

Exoray - fully agree with you on the 2 1/2 gen thing. If I had access to the real mold, it's what I'd logically have done. If I didn't but had the actual prop, I would have made a mold from it (again, very bad 2nd generation with loss of detail). I have helped vac stuff of my own, like my Tusken Female (and ruined it) and know how hard it is to keep your bucks perfect - so I wouldn't risk an old valuable mold even for a test.

Gino - I guess my idea of the chart is a simplified history (therefore lineage) vs what is currently available. A lot of classic armorers like Marco went by the wayside, but it's nice to remember their pioneering work that eventually led the way to the GF v1/FX/GT suit. But the chart will reflect what is still in production and what is not - so that may agree with you.

Hopefully other armor makers will help flesh out the chart. Like I said, I'll put what I have up tomorrow. It's not perfect, but it's a good start. And with the discussions staying civil, I'm a very happy guy.

19. GINO

My problem with the chart as you have it now is that for anyone looking, it appears that if they received somthing from TE or SDS, it would be on par with what I have. It's a little confusing.
    Truth be told, past or present, neither of those makers were ever able to produce a replica that was equal to mine. That chart kind can be misconstrued as their is/was just as good as mine which would be incorrect.

20. hyperdyne

hyperdyne Sr Member

Kev, this was a good idea but alas you probably knew the outcome. Noble effort turned into a muddy result.

You are gonna have to deflate the ridiculously-sized egos present before even tackling such an endeavor. :unsure

21. PMTrooper

PMTrooper Active Member

oh
    i thik i made a mistake
    TM is not making mass production (yet)

and for the mfx products
    i saw different types of helmets and armors out there
    ordered at the same time
    not sure how many types
    maybe happend to the different sized molds
    here are some helmet pics
    MFX bucket

and for the lineage i have another idea
    i wont set GINO on top (ok right under this LFL/AA production thing)
    maybe you can write TE touched the inside of the original and sold the molds to GINO back in the year 19XX and these molds are still in same conditions

that sounds fair to everyone

22. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

Gino, those 2 helmets you showed are WAY off. :unsure

cant everyone see that?

i guess you can unload that junk onto me and ill throw them away for you.

:angel

hey why dont you come to adventurecon this weekend here in knoxville TN (not far from ya) and you can bring them with you... so i can throw them away... (not love them like the child ive never had, because that would be wierd)

:p

23. HDPE

HDPE Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(GINO @ Jun 21 2006, 11:42 PM) [snapback]1265444[/snapback]</div>

You couldn't be more wrong about that ;)

[​IMG]

24. rigormortis

Very rough draft/still haven't broken TE down as Gino has suggested as I don't know how many versions of any of this armor has been done yet. Also don't know enough about TrooperMaster to merit inclusion?

Reason you see MFX/RT-MOD in same line but cut off from production generation is because of maybe 1 part(s) used from TE. But mostly original sculpts from what I've been informed.

[​IMG]

Other interesting info dug up on lineage of the original suits from a very good MEPD.net thread:
    ANH:
    Standard helmet (TE #1)
    "set for Stun' helmet (TE #2)
    one stunt helmet in the LFL archives (5 holed version)
    One Jason Joiner restored (BADLY should not have been done)
    One ANH Hero in LFL archives (NOT Mark Hamill's helmet)
    One ANH helmet (0wned by Mark Hamill Not sure of version)
    Stop that ship sandtrooper helmet (screenused.com)
    Move along helmet (bought at Christies auction)

Suits:
    LFL has 6 suits and one IS Mark Hamills suit, as it is cut down and smaller for the chest and other parts. I found this one while at the archives with the other 5.

To date no suits/parts have surfaced.

ESB
    2 helmets known to exist/sold via auction

One ESB head to toe suit sold at Christies auction house in 1998. Owner unknown/never identified

ROTJ

TE claims the suits made by Bermans and Nathans.. the molds, the original ROTJ molds found in shop in 1995 and sold off.

19 helmets and suits in LFL archives. TE found, handled and identified all of these for them while there this last year. Most of the helmets are white, maybe one or two beige ones. The armor is all white.

there are at least 3 known in the LA area.
    There is one in NY
    One in Maryland
    There are 2-3 in England
    one in the US at an undisclosed location
    There are more but the ROTJ helmets change hands so often it is hard to keep track sometimes. I did know where 10-12 were once, but that was a while ago.

ROTJ Suits
    There was one sold in Minnesota of all places in 1999 and never been seen since.

There is the one TE used to own at an undisclosed location.

2 full ROTJ suits at The Museum of the Moving Image here in the UK, and I.L.M. have one on a mannequin in their offices

One UK suit can be verified screen used, contrary to TE's claims. *Stormtrooper

*Rumor/Set Dressing?* Robert Watts production designer and 2nd unit director of ROTJ owns a head to toe suit in his collection and can be seen behind him on Empire of Dreams dvd.

*Research breakdown attributed to: Matt TE & John *Stormtrooper on MEPD

If anyone knows years or version #'s/similarities/differences, please let me know.

25. voice in the crowd

voice in the crowd Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(GINO @ Jun 22 2006, 12:19 AM) [snapback]1265422[/snapback]</div>

I am not willing to go into great detail on a public forum for obvious legal reasons (sorry :angel ) but that statement isn't exactly true I know of a person who has cast a ANH stormtrooper helmet. Although never mass produced there are moulds taken of this ANH stormtrooper helmet and I also know what helmet it came from. This helmet cast was not taken from TE helmets that the GINO/TE/GF etc ANH helmet all come from.

I am in no competition with anybody in the stormtrooper helmet world so I don't want harassed about information on these pieces I am only stating a fact I know these things do exist.

I am not saying these pieces are any better or even as good as what is already in the public domain I am purely stating that there are other pieces that come from an original source ANH helmet other than the already publicly well known piece TE once owned.

The helmet moulds I am talking about did touch the inside of a ANH helmet that is a fact. You will have to take my word on this if you don't believe me then I am sorry but I cannot expand on this any more at this time but hey ho :unsure

I know that when you see posts with 'I know this but I can't tell you how I know' drive people nuts but I really have good reason not to put this on a public forum so I apologise in advance.

Cheers Chris.

26. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

I'll be at adventurecon with my gf armor and abs-80 helmet. Wh00T.

27. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(rigormortis @ Jun 23 2006, 04:15 PM) [snapback]1266689[/snapback]</div>
    Huh?. Please don't present this as fact... it is merely Matt's (sometimes deluded) opinion. I have detailed at length the evidence which points to my ROTJ Stormtrooper suit having been screenused. Matt doesn't want to admit that it was screenused, because he tried to buy the 'purchasing rights' from me before I bought it from the previous owner back in 2004. Then when I said that I was going to buy the costume myself he offerred me $27,000 plus one of hie Stormtrooper replica suits... plus a TIE pilot helmet and chest-box etc. etc.
    When I declined his pitiful offer he suddenly decided that the ROTJ costume was an elaborate fake... then changed his mind and it was suddenly a promotional suit made by 20th Century Fox.
    One of the best cases of SOUR GRAPES that I have ever seen... sorry for taking this off-topic but I'm concerned that gullible people are prepared to take Matt's opinion as proven fact. :angry

I have no doubt that if Matt had bought the costume from me back then, he'd post messages on a weekly basis about how he's the ONLY person on the RPF that has a full screen-used Stormtrooper costume, and how we should all fall at his feet and worship him.
    Well, *I* am the only person on the RPF with an original Stormtrooper costume which is most likely screen-used, and until someone can give me proof that the costume was fabricated for promtional use, I will continue to believe so.

Oh, and I've no idea why Matt think that Robert Watts owns a Stormtrooper costume, just because it was pictured behind him in the Empire of Dreams documentary doesn't mean that it's in his ownership...
    After all Denis Muren is pictured with a Speeder Bike behind him, Lorne Peterson has a Vader costume and Star Destroyer model behind him and Peter Mayhew has Chewbacca costume behind him etc. etc. simply a case of set dressing by the documentary makers

Trooperexpert's self-appointed title is becoming increasingly inappropriate IMO :lol

Cheers,
    John

28. Helmetman

Helmetman Well-Known Member

John

I'll second that brother.

TE called himself TE. No-one else did.

There are far more people out there with more knowledge on the subject. Unfortunately, some of these people have huge egos to accompany that knowledge.

Shame really.

Cheers
    Steve

29. rigormortis

<div class='quotetop'>(voice in the crowd @ Jun 23 2006, 05:02 PM) [snapback]1266727[/snapback]</div>
    No bothers there. Depending on the individual and their reputation in the community, I'm more than willing to accept their word and not get anyone in trouble. But Jez (Helmets of Star Wars) tracks lineage of known helms and this project basically details mass-produced suits (not one-offs that are most certainly out there).

I'm simply a big fan of history and collectors like to know the ancestry of their suits and find it interesting that parts may or may not have been cast off of the actual suits. For those who were fan-sculpts, it also celebrates the awesome detail and craftsmanship that has gone into them as well.

Nobody's out to get anyone in trouble here at all, and if I ever thought this chart would be used for such purposes, I wouldn't be doing it. So I purposely left out information that can be damaging - but most of the "facts as I know them" have been gained from public knowledge gained through simple research.

Hope that helps explain things. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>(Stormtrooper @ Jun 23 2006, 07:18 PM) [snapback]1266806[/snapback]</div>
    John,

Agreed. I have modified TE's original opinion/claim per your statement, as I have no reason to doubt your word. Nothing is being presented as fact at this point - just doing initial research (what's out there and what's been said) and as they are verified, most of the rumors will hopefully be dispelled.

Personally, I thank you for your valued inputs. Without people willing to civally share their side of the story, this project wouldn't happen.

30. Star Wars Helmets

Star Wars Helmets Sr Member

Great project rigormortis, good that someone had the will to do it after all the discussions on the helmet lineage :lol

Stormtrooper's suit is original, a number of people including Brandon, Andy G and myself spent a long time looking over it a few years back when he first got it. Its provenance is assured. "Trooper Expert's" was just annoyed that he missed out on it. His self-appointed board name is dafter than mine.

Cheers

Jez

31. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div class='quotetop'>(Stormtrooper @ Jun 23 2006, 03:18 PM) [snapback]1266806[/snapback]</div>
    To quote a line from a Movie we all love, "There is another"

Like Voice in the crowd I know of one other board member here who has a full ROTJ Suit that is Screen-Used but he does not want it to be known.

I have been Collecting Screen-Used Pieces since 1975 and I can tell you that there is a LOT of pieces that will never see the light of day.

32. rigormortis

<div class='quotetop'>(BingoBongo275 @ Jun 24 2006, 09:40 AM) [snapback]1267175[/snapback]</div>
    Agreed, Jez - I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment but have always loved the charts on your site which made me want to try and do this. Thus far, it's been pretty civil.

Next chart will have Jason Joiner's "tour" suits added (I forgot about them from the UK's Blue Peter TV show) and I really forgot the Disney suits, which I recall someone here on the RPF produced for them. And TK-BIG (gotta celebrate the fact that he made suits for us big guys).

33. rigormortis

<div class='quotetop'>(apollo @ Jun 24 2006, 01:04 PM) [snapback]1267223[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I'm not doing this to "out" collectors or armorers. Just trying to see what can be verified as still out there (geolocation like country or state is good enough for me). The rumor that LFL simply dumped/buried ROTJ suits out in the forest in CA has bothered me for years, but seeing how they 'cleaned up' the shoot locations in Tunesia, Buttercup Valley, and other sites leans my opinion that it may be possible that they may have indeed did that.

When I did the same type of project to try and document the remaining Pana-Sensor 3/4 scale X-Wings produced for LFL in '94-'95 for the Special Edition promos, it was difficult to even find out how many they actually produced, as the number ranged from 7-9. Some were destroyed, others went into private collectors hands, never to be heard of again. Luckily I was able to track them all down to at least North West US, etc. I can't 'prove' who owns some of them, but I have a really educated best guess that I didn't put on the list because it wouldn't be right to 'out' that collector. If they want it to be known, they will state it themselves. I just want to verify that it still exists. ;)

And thanks to all once again for keeping this thread civil. :thumbsup

34. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

Whats the word on AFX kits i have never heard of them?

35. Too Much Garlic

Too Much Garlic Master Member

<div class='quotetop'>(GundamZeppelin @ Jun 24 2006, 07:40 PM) [snapback]1267353[/snapback]</div>
    AFX (Armor FX)... aren't those simply the well known FX armor?

36. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

Thats what i was thinking NHM

37. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(apollo @ Jun 24 2006, 01:04 PM) [snapback]1267223[/snapback]</div>
    Oooooo... *very* interesting. Is it one of the costumes already accounted for or is this one which was previously unknown?

If the mystery owner would like to contact me, I can assure that his anonymity will remain intact.
    I have had the privelege of seeing some very exclusive collection of screen-used props, which remain out of the 'public eye' B)

Cheers,
    John

38. rigormortis

More chart research:

Addition of Steve Johnson (Elstree Studio Moulds) ESB Fiberglass Armor (Oakley) cast from original
    http://www.toysrgus.com/images-repli/cameron-armor.html

Cool page with Sansweet's Marco Armor (forerunner to the FX)
    http://www.toysrgus.com/images-repli/marco-stormtrooper.html
    http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/imperialfanMarco.htm

AA/SDS - Contracted by John Mollo in '76 to produce 62 full suits *56 Stunt and 6 Hero for ANH
    http://www.Rebelscum.com/stormtrooperhelmets.asp

BriarsArmor - original sculpt child-scaled armor

Hi-Impact armor added

39. voice in the crowd

<div class='quotetop'>(rigormortis @ Jul 5 2006, 09:59 PM) [snapback]1274696[/snapback]</div>

Hi,

I think that armour of Steve Johnson is in fact ROTJ.

Cheers Chris.

40. rigormortis

Yup. Steve used the actual ROTJ moulds, but according to what I've researched thus far, he produced fiberglass armor that wasn't used in ROTJ and ended up in fan collections. I could be wrong until this has been verified true.

Even odder rumor, that he may have done the armor for the Don Post Stormtrooper statue?

41. voice in the crowd

<div class='quotetop'>(rigormortis @ Jul 5 2006, 11:40 PM) [snapback]1274756[/snapback]</div>
    Oh well if you turn up any info on any armour pieces not ROTJ keep us informed :thumbsup

The helmet looks ROTJ judging by the pic.

Cheers Chris.

42. exoray

exoray Master Member

Suggestion to take that story with a grain of salt, LFL in court documents clearly states that AA/SDS was merely the vacuum former/assembler, nothing more... Also that story states he pulled the helmet in ABS, there has been nothing to support that claim...

43. rigormortis

<div class='quotetop'>(exoray @ Jul 6 2006, 01:23 AM) [snapback]1274858[/snapback]</div>
    Hence the search for the truth as we know it. ;) I'm certain there will be a lot more rumor and spin before the entire truth is fully known and the court case may shed some light on it if it ever comes. Someone had to sculpt the ANH armor, but apparently nobody but Andrew is willing (or able) to claim it. It's turning out to be the holy grail of TK research. ;)

I'm just putting out there what I've found thus far, fact and fiction. Eventually we will find the truth, and I think we'll all become better informed because of it, as long as we can remain impartial and work to uncover the truth together.

44. exoray

exoray Master Member

The Court case is over except for the judgement, there won't be any more light shed from it...

45. JoeR

JoeR Sr Member

Err wrong Mr Super Ego, other people can say that :lol

I know of ROTJ moulds in a private collection here in the UK and as Voice stated he knows of ANH moulds as well.

Joe

46. GINO

Sorry if it came off as ego.
    Just trying to keep the record straight as it seemingly incorrectly gets blurry from time to time.

Also, if this mystery person has rotj AND anh molds, why haven't we seen anything pulled from them?

47. vaderdarth

vaderdarth Master Member

<div class='quotetop'>(GINO @ Jul 6 2006, 06:13 AM) [snapback]1275050[/snapback]</div>

Hyperdine nailed it... LOL

Okay, let me get this straight, someone claims to have an item, yet doesn't share it with you first, and therefore it doesn't exist??? Cool I wondered how all that hocus pocus worked. Now I'm all straight. Oddly, I have tons of stuff that you don't know about and yet, it all exists. What a sticky wicket this has turned out to be......LOL

48. Lord Abaddon

Lord Abaddon Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(GINO @ Jul 6 2006, 07:13 AM) [snapback]1275050[/snapback]</div>
    Maybe because:

A ) They aren't out to make a buck.

B ) They aren't out to boost their egos.

Excellent thread and staying well on track with some very interesting information. Having had Marco, TE, and other armor Rigor's doing a great job. Keep it up.

49. tk4510

tk4510 New Member

Does anyone have pics of the ANH armor that still exists? I thought there wasnt any? Gino, can you post pics of your armor, I have only seen the helmet. This is too cool guys :) Nice work

50. RoCKo

RoCKo Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(GINO @ Jul 6 2006, 02:13 PM) [snapback]1275050[/snapback]</div>
    maybe GINO has some ego, but hey, his suits are/were the best suits out here, right?
    so i think it is his right to set the record straight.

<div class='quotetop'>(tk4510 @ Jul 6 2006, 02:29 PM) [snapback]1275055[/snapback]</div>
    i really would love to see more of GINO´s awesome suits, but if you need some reference go
    HERE .