Stoner mold release that leaves glossy, paintable surface on urethane?

Galane

Question for people using any of the Stoner line of mold releases. Which one works for urethane pressure casting in silicone molds and leaves a glossy finish on the castings, and can either be painted over or will clean off the casting so it can be painted?

Not Stoner but here is what I was sold when asking for a mold release that won't leave a nasty residue.
95e1f20bd46eb13f4435e222f839f4fe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

For future moulding of gloss surface parts, an easy and inexpensive cheat is to lightly coat the master part with Vaseline then hit it with a heat gun to thin and smooth it out to a micro thin coating, then pour the silicone. Every cast part will have a shiny surface by default.

If you want your mold to make casts with a glossy finish, you have to clean the mold release off the master before pouring the silicone, or use a glossy self-leveling mold-release as stated above.

Any mold release you spray inside the mold for casting is going to impact the surface finish of casts a little. If you're painting or clear-coating the casts, just use Mann Ease-Release 200 and sand them before painting. If you need them perfectly gloss-clear right out of the mold, just cast them without spraying the mold with release.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back