Starting The New Breed

Clan Leader

It's a long time coming, but I've finally started. This is my first sculpture ever, so be gentle. I've done a lot of sketching and painting over the years but never sculpting. I plan on making an entire suit. It isn't going to be as in depth as I originally wanted because my wife and I just found out we are pregnant. My goal is to make the entire suit myself and combine cheap and detailed tactics to make a new kind of yautja. Here are the first pics including the concept art so that you can see everything that I am dreaming of. I call him Sentinel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished the sculpture last night. Bought the silicone to today so hopefully in the next week or so I can make the mask. Until then I'm going to start on my body suit, armor, and dreads. Hopefully soon I can get some more updates in and move this into the WIP board. As before if anyone has any advice for my first suit I am willing and open to it.

Wow very nice sculpt,so clean and tidy,awesome texture and detail, get some paint on that beast !!

Oh btw congrats to both you and your wife getting pregnant,

Fininshed my homemade muscle suit. Waiting until I get done with the mask mold and then I'm going to pour the latex for the mask and coat the suit "Mr. I" style. Hoping that it works out the way I want it to. I haven't seen it done like this exactly so wish me luck. I'll post more about the mask soon because I just got my silicone from smooth-on today. Casting and molding starts soon!

Silicone is done and I've started casting. Don't have pictures of the cast just yet. I'll make sure to get some on here when it is all done. I got my new heat gun and hot razor today so I am going to start in on the chest piece very soon. Keep your eyes out.

I hope that everyone is enjoying my work. I'm not a professional by any means, but hopefully some of the tactics I use will help people later on to make there own custom costumes. I finished the casting today. I used plaster because it was a cheap option. I guess we'll see how good it all works when I take it off tomorrow. Wish me luck. I am getting drastically close to the latex, and the part that I think will make or break my costume. . . the paint. I'm so excited to get to that point that I almost don't want to do anything else. But you know what they say, good things come to those who wait.

nice, all you need is some [background=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Yautja (Predator) writing on the bio. Very good work[/background]

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back