Starship trooper helmet

stilgarhammer

Hello,
Not sure what forum this should be in,
I need photos of a fleet helmet showing the brow area re-enforcement and eagle.

I am currently making one each of the helmets (MI and fleet). And have a couple questions, what true color are the helmets? How thick is the center section of the eagle on the fleet helmet?

Thank you,
Stilgarhammer

stilgarhammer,

I just repainted an MI helmet last night after some major repairs and the spray enamel I used is VERY close to the original color. I can post some side by side shots tonight. I'll also get the paint brand, it was just the darkest gray I could find at Home Depot, nothing fancy.

Okay, here they are. The first pic is without a flash and the 2nd one is with a flash. I think it's pretty close. The helmet on the left is from SST1 thru 3 just for reference. Actually the color looks much closer to me eye than it does in the pics. This was the darkest off the shelf gray I could find.

I used Rust-oleum Gloss Protective Enamel 7784 Charcoal Gray. Then 2 light coats of DullCoat because it was way too shiney. Although I may have just used one coat as it might be a little too dull now.

Without a flash
MIHelmetsNoFlash.jpg

With a flash
MIHelmetsWFlash.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back