Stargate Sg1 Serpent Guard full costume build. (first ever build with pepakura)

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by benmor91, Sep 17, 2015.

1. benmor91

benmor91 New Member

Hi all,

So I recently decided to get into model/costume making as part of a challenge to make a costume that got out of hand. A friend suggested we put some effort into our comicon outfits, alas this has become quite a competition between us.

I have chosen the Stargate SG1 serpent guard (obviously..! - Don't waste our time repeating things man. Get on with it!)

Ok, so as I said, this is my first costume build and I'm going in at the deep end.

I bought a pepakura printed file from eBay (printed on cardstock) and set about cutting it out... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After getting 50 sheets of card in the post... It was safe to say I felt I had bitten off more than I could chew.

Painful days (three in total, moving only to sleep, eat and excrete) passed me by while sitting on a hard wooden chair with ever more annoyed glances from my girlfriend at the mess I had made.. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I had a lot of learning experiences here. One of which was that my superglue did not glue card together to my annoyance. Nor did a glue gun I bought specifically for this purpose. And so wood pva it was. Waiting for it to dry before carrying on my enormous jigsaw puzzle. Eventually shapes started to form [​IMG] although I didn't know what they were whatsoever [​IMG]

After a week at work I came back to this with fresh eyes and completed the pepakura the following weekend. [​IMG]

The next stage (which terrifies me) is to resin/fiberglass this beast. I want to have it totally solid and although the pep file isn't completely accurate to the SG1 characters I want to get it as close as possible... Including light up eyes, and luck permitting, a open and closing mechanism...

Alongside this I have started the rest of the outfit. With hilarious and unforseen issues.

Would love to hear from anyone who likes stargate or who has similar projects done or going :)

Thanks all

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

2. doykim

doykim New Member

Great idea !
    Good luck.

3. benmor91

benmor91 New Member

Thanks! Resin starts tomorrow, pictures to follow :)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk