Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Rey Kenobi...sounds about right and yes, Collectorchris, it would be a good story line for the stand alone Kenobi movie.

It's kinda to bad they couldn't of fudged the timeline and said TFA was 40 years after episode 6 cause then Kylo Ren (and called him maybe 37 years old) would have been in the running to be her Father - and maybe him deciding at age 17 to get some girl pregnant (which possibly he didn't know but Luke did) would have been part of the story of his fall from the Jedi teachings - and a big reason why she needed to be hidden... also for Leia and Han she would be the grandchild... which would fit the unspoken bonding.

I don't care for all these family connections to be honest. I hope Rey isn't related to anyone we know. I don't need Luke and Obi Wan to have kids, etc. Expand the universe, don't make it smaller.
I would agree if we weren't talking about episode movies. Keep them Skywalker or end them (the episode movies). I'll be happy either way.

I don't need the saga films to continue in perpetuity to be fulfilled by Star Wars so long as we get Star Wars with Jedi/Sith/Force-users as well as other non-mythology driven stories.

I do find it ironic that they've turned Luke into a dark, cynical, brooding anti-hero when George created him to be the break from the dark, cynical, brooding anti-heroes that dominated cinema in the 70's. Shows the times we're in. Poetic I guess. Doesn't mean I like it or think it's an appropriate decision for the character.

You can think me an idiot for wanting the same Luke. I don't care. I need a little less cynicism in my life.

I do find it ironic that they've turned Luke into a dark, cynical, brooding anti-hero when George created him to be the break from the dark, cynical, brooding anti-heroes that dominated cinema in the 70's. Shows the times we're in. Poetic I guess. Doesn't mean I like it or think it's an appropriate decision for the character.

You can think me an idiot for wanting the same Luke. I don't care. I need a little less cynicism in my life.

I suppose thats the journey of life......in my younger days I wasn't so cynical

J

Not idiotic at all, but they've got two more films to tell the story. If they started with Luke being the same old Luke, there's nowhere for his character to go. I'm guessing they wisely decided that a 60+ year old Luke, who's been through events we've only seen glimpses of so far, is not gonna be in the same head space as 25 year old Luke. You have to be knocked down before you can get back up. It seems like the right way to go, to me at least.

Not idiotic at all, but they've got two more films to tell the story. If they started with Luke being the same old Luke, there's nowhere for his character to go. I'm guessing they wisely decided that a 60+ year old Luke, who's been through events we've only seen glimpses of so far, is not gonna be in the same head space as 25 year old Luke. You have to be knocked down before you can get back up. It seems like the right way to go, to me at least.

Bingo.

I really want Rey to be Luke's daughter. I'd be O.K. with her being a Kenobi. They'll probably spin it so that she's a Solo and that she and Kylo are twins. Then if they kiss in VIII we can be all "EEW!" all over again with the big reveal of their relationship in IX! HA!

If they make her the daughter of some Force Ghost the way Anakin was conceived, I'd have issue with it, it's just too far a stretch for me.

As for some hidden away Force Adept's daughter that escaped the Clone Wars and then the persecution of Vader and the Emperor and hid her daughter on Jakku... it better have one heck of a back story to support it.

I'm just here in the bushes, hiding and waiting, and watching for December, so I can find everything out without getting my undies in a bundle beforehand.
I wish I could, believe me. I have far too much passion for this story to not be somewhat nervous about what we get. But if I like it better than I did TFA, that will be a check in the win column at least.

Rey Kenobi...sounds about right and yes, Collectorchris, it would be a good story line for the stand alone Kenobi movie.
My dream is that the standalone film involves Kenobi returning to mandalore to help with their civil war. During that time, he falls for bo-katan.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Didn't we see that in TCW?
He was formerly in love with the duchess satine. After she was killed by mail, her sister, bo-katan (voiced by Starbucks) rescued him.

She was formerly of deathwatch before maul corrupted them.

There's a ton of potential for a great space opera here

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I think it's funny how everyone complained about all the connections in the Prequels, but want them in this movie. I hope Rey isn't related to anyone in the main cast or previous casts. I was able to convince myself the Prequel connections could have been the will of the Force, but enough already.

One thing I'm worried about is that from comments this week, we may never hear who Rey's parents are or who Snoke really is. Rian Johnson said they might not address that and leave it up in the air (can't find the interview right now...). That was one of my main complaints with TFA, that they didn't give you enough information to go on about what's happened in the last 40 years. It just say Luke is missing, there's some kind of resistance (what happened to the govt.?), etc.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back