Star Wars The Force Awakens - Rey's Bumper car

Vorennaal

Hello there,

Thank You for visiting my thread. I have begun to work on my latest project from Star Wars The Force Awakens. I decided to make Rey's Bumber car into a model kit. I really like the design of the speeder as it reminds me of Luke's x-34 land speeder. As the movie hasn't been released yet, I was forced to use the trailer footage. Fortunately enough a real size replica was displayed at the latest Star Wars exhibition (Celebration Anaheim). I noticed that the displayed version of the speeder different from the one seen in the trailer. The differences are hardly noticeable, but my plan remains the same, to make the speeder as close to the movie version as I can get.

DSC00375.JPG

DSC00378.JPG

DSC00388.JPG

DSC00394.JPG

DSC00433.JPG

DSC00435.JPG

DSC00439.JPG

DSC00453.JPG

DSC00462.JPG

Please feel free to add your comments. I am working on it so more to come...

Last edited:
Thank You Chaank...I thought the displayed model was an official scale replica built by the LFL staff, but not a fan made replica. So it was secretly constructed by the Belgian Garrison in five weeks. In the video it was also mentioned that several construction prints were given by LFL, even J. J. Abrams approved it. This video makes me happy, because the photos I have didn’t show the back of the engine.

That side shot you are using is the right side not the left (netting), the image is reversed.
Rey's pouch should be on the right and so should the laser site on her head piece.

Look up the Vanity Fair Pictures, they show more detail from the rear.

I'm still not sold on the design of the speeder. Every time I see the trailer I think, "She's riding a fudgesicle!" Maybe it's a fudge-cycle. :p Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Exactly! A two-stick frozen treat! I initially wondered if I could vacuform over a popcicle for the main body, but then realzed that would be a sure-fail method! ;^P

Silliness aside, you're doing a fine job rendering it, Vorennaal
R/ Robert

That side shot you are using is the right side not the left (netting), the image is reversed.
Rey's pouch should be on the right and so should the laser site on her head piece.

Look up the Vanity Fair Pictures, they show more detail from the rear.

Thank You for the kind feedback, I am still using the Vanity Fair pictures as refference point.
Screen-Shot-2015-05-04-at-8.00.26-AM.png

Thank You Chaank...I thought the displayed model was an official scale replica built by the LFL staff, but not a fan made replica. So it was secretly constructed by the Belgian Garrison in five weeks. In the video it was also mentioned that several construction prints were given by LFL, even J. J. Abrams approved it. This video makes me happy, because the photos I have didn’t show the back of the engine.

No worries man. Thought you might dig it. For the record, I dig the speeder. Good to see a Ep.7 build thread that doesn't feature a droid that looks like it hatched from a Pokeball.:lol

Last edited:
Just a little update on the progress of the speeder. I constructed the front panel and began to add the texture shapes to the main body. It’s far from over yet; so much work ahead, but my work on the speeder definitely going somewhere.

DSC00469.JPG

DSC00472.JPG

DSC00474.JPG

DSC00469.JPG

DSC00472.JPG

DSC00474.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back