Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

maybe Peter Mayhew could use this 'walker"
IfHarrisonFordIsInTheNewStarWarsFilmHeMightWantToUseThis-84458_zpsd16e9ed5.jpg

The over all excitment of seeing childhood heroes like Luke and Han again is cool, however they are all in their 60/70 and close to 80's. Not saying they should not be included, however I pray they don't focus the whole film around them. I fear that would cause the pace of the move to slow to a crawl. Just my thoughts.

We've all wrestled with that thought one way or another. But who knows? We may be shortchanging them; they may still be able to run with the best of them! Even though, I think the general consensus is for some involvement from them but not have them be the entire focus...

The over all excitment of seeing childhood heroes like Luke and Han again is cool, however they are all in their 60/70 and close to 80's. Not saying they should not be included, however I pray they don't focus the whole film around them. I fear that would cause the pace of the move to slow to a crawl. Just my thoughts.

If there's a good story, age doesn't matter. Michael Caine is not an action hero or anything, but he did well with physicality in Harry Brown. Likewise Clint Eastwood is no longer Dirty Harry, but he pulled off some great stuff in Gran Torino.

Mind you, I'm not arguing that the story should be all about Luke/Leia/Han; but that if the story is good, age doesn't matter.

I would rather see someone else play the part, and have Chewbacca look a little different, than to have a CGI Chewie take me right out of the movie every time he is on screen.
I agree; I definitely don't want to see a CG Chewbacca. That said, if Peter Mayhew isn't able to reprise the role (assuming they want him to) I hope they're able to cast an actor who can mimic Mayhew's body language.

Totally agree, a cgi Chewie would be very jarring.....(Jar-Jarring?)

Rich
Nice! :thumbsup

If there's a good story, age doesn't matter. Michael Caine is not an action hero or anything, but he did well with physicality in Harry Brown. Likewise Clint Eastwood is no longer Dirty Harry, but he pulled off some great stuff in Gran Torino.
Eastwood has always taken care of himself by exercising regularly. It seems Ford does as well, but I don't think the same can be said of Fisher or Hamill. Regardless, if they need to they can use doubles for the more rigorous stuntwork like they did with Ian McDiarmid and Christopher Lee in the Prequel Trilogy movies, so the actors' ages shouldn't be an issue.

Eastwood has always taken care of himself by exercising regularly. It seems Ford does as well...

Agreed. Ford definitely has that "old guy that could kick your ass" vibe. :thumbsup

As for Hamill he doesn't have to be kick ass, just old & wise like Obi-Wan. :)

I think it's funny how we're in the Episode VII thread and posts like these are completely ignored in favor of how good/bad Sam Jackson was in the prequels. :lol

he will return in episode 7 but he'll look like the 2d glass knight that ilm did for young sherlock holmes.

At a red carpet event interview last night Ford, when asked about returning for Ep. VII, said, "I'm looking forward to it, I think it's happening."

You could see the "wait, how much if this can I say?" wheels spinning in his head. Just like that Lucas quote from last week with all the back peddling.

"A disciple of Emperor Palpatine aims to rebuild the Sith Armies of the Old Republic and destroy the Jedi where the Skywalker children will be thrust into battle and face their inner demons of their Skywalker lineage."

---------------

Interesting. Doesn't sound bad. Going to need a really great actor to play the villain. Hope they don't kill him off at the end of episode 7.

The Sith of the Old Republic era were interesting... And who really thought Palpatine would go down without a fight, or at least a plan?

At a red carpet event interview last night Ford, when asked about returning for Ep. VII, said, "I'm looking forward to it, I think it's happening."

It's nice to hear Harrison Ford say he's excited for more Star Wars. It's only been, what, 30+ years since he's had anything positive to say about it. Did he even attend the special edition premiere in '97? In any event, i love HF and I love SW. Can't wait to hear more news.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back