Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Well if Lucasfilm and Lucas have absolutely no control over their properties like you say, get ready for a crapfest. Some of you think the EU stuff is bad, get ready...
LFL gave us a crapfest with the PT, they weren't bad "for a SW movie(s)", they were just poorly written, acted, edited, executed and bad film making in general. I'm not a fan of the mouse, but they know how to make a good movie at Disney(not that they always do ;)) Disney has made plenty of crap but GL gave the go ahead to Ewok adventures :lol ;)

I don't have a personal beef with GL (he seems like a pretty funny guy), I just don't enjoy his "current vision" of SW. I'm not going to get my hopes as high as they were for the PT, but I have higher hopes now that GL can't stick characters like Jar-jar in the films without approval. The PT proved to me he needs some No-men around him instead of so many Yes-men. ;)

If Too Much Garlic and Edwardowan are chickens for wanting to remain as spoiler free as possible, you might as well Kentucky Fry my ass as well. If it comes down to it, I'll be sequestered in the coop with them. :D

:lol Just poking fun... Trust me, the way I ruined the prequels (not that they weren't already ruined by themselves...) by constantly feeding at the update trough on SW.com, there's no way in heck that I'm going to do the same thing with these sequels. I don't want any spoilers either and will do whatever it takes to stay spoiler free. Matter of fact, I've already asked for clarification on that subject over in the Clone Wars thread...

Bawk! Bawk! :lol From this point forward judicious use of the spoiler tag (such as Rodney has so kindheartedly used) will be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup

If that can be the status quo in this thread I will then continue to grace you fine SW fans with my presence! :lol (and Rodney, I peaked! :lol )

Agreed! I'm enjoying the general discussion here but would appreciate warnings if anything cataclysmic comes along... :)

If the folks at Lucasfilm haven't learned any lessons from the outcry from us OT folk about the prequels and everything we hated about them, I really don't know what it would take. I'm cautiously optimistic this time around that we'll be seeing a SW that is more in line with the OT aesthetic.

I'm not going to get my hopes as high as they were for the PT, but I have higher hopes now that GL can't stick characters like Jar-jar in the films without approval. The PT proved to me he needs some No-men around him instead of so many Yes-men. ;)

LFL gave us a crapfest with the PT, they weren't bad "for a SW movie(s)", they were just poorly written, acted, edited, executed and bad film making in general. I'm not a fan of the mouse, but they know how to make a good movie at Disney(not that they always do ;)) Disney has made plenty of crap but GL gave the go ahead to Ewok adventures :lol ;)

Even if you don't like them the PT fits in with the established universe. I'm thinking about talking kangaroos or something equally stupid from Disney if no one has control over the property. Jar Jar was stupid, but he fits in with Disney so be afraid! :lol

We could do like the movie Fanboys and break into his house and get the script then post it on the RPF, with spoiler tags of course, lol.

what's funny is we'd break in, Bill Murray would be sitting there eating a sandwich and he'd just hand the script to us and tell us to do with it whatever we please because he isn't interested in it anyway! :lol

what's funny is we'd break in, Bill Murray would be sitting there eating a sandwich and he'd just hand the script to us and tell us to do with it whatever we please because he isn't interested in it anyway! :lol
:lol:lol:lol My 1st laugh of the day! Thanks Edwardowan! :D

Nothing wrong I can see with a cameo, but beyond that, no.

EVERYONE from Tom, Dick, and Harry to their brothers and cousins, it seems, want to have a "cameo" in this/these flick(s)... to further their own careers and add "street cred" to their names. They have nothing relevant to add to the story. Please, PLEASE, leave these people out of the story... I am a huge fan of GL's original trilogy penchant for using relatively unknown talent to help tell his story. I can't imagine how much the Hollywood camera-sucking "royalty" would ruin these sequels with their unwanted presence...

Last edited:

I wouldn't have a problem with it if they had his face in a mask, prosthetics, etc. Also don't do the typical crap tv shows and movies do when they have a WWE star, like having them perform their signature move. That is idiotic and immediately takes you out of the movie.
They could make him a villain from Han's past, with green skin and gills. It would be a nod to the original vision for Han. Of course, he would have to speak in a different language and be dubbed to cover up his bad acting. But he's good at the physical stuff. It would put him in a SW movie like he wanted and spare us the eye rolling and hair pulling. It's a win/win.

I doubt they would do that last part though.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if they had his face in a mask, prosthetics, etc. Also don't do the typical crap tv shows and movies do when they have a WWE star, like having them perform their signature move. That is idiotic and immediately takes you out of the movie.

But I wanna see him drop the People's Elbow on Luke's face.

:lol

...I am a huge fan of GL's original trilogy penchant for using relatively unknown talent to help tell his story. I can't imagine how much the Hollywood camera-sucking "royalty" would ruin these sequels with their unwanted presence...
I concur. Established actors like Alec Guinness and Peter Cushing were necessary because their respective characters needed the gravitas each actor brought to the role. But casting talented but not-yet-known actors for the bulk of the cast clearly worked well. If they populate the upcoming movies with a bunch of "flavor of the month" actors who are popular but have no real talent, the movies will fail.

PLEASE no cameos! They pull me right out of a film no matter how non-obtrusive.

Seth McFarlane had a really small part in Enterprise but every time I saw him it killed it for me.

Several well known stars have appeared as zombies in Walking Dead. If all these people want cameos, make them random aliens in a cantina or stormtroopers.

so the article How Disney Bought Star Wars
How Disney Bought Lucasfilm?and Its Plans for 'Star Wars' - Businessweek
is really intriguing and gives a big clue as to what Lucas handed over but I found this bit in particular very interesting:
"...and the definitive list of individuals who met with Yoda while he was hiding in the swamps of Dagobah."

sure would like to get my hands on this "Holocron " listing 17,000 characters in the Star Wars universe inhabiting several thousand planets over a span of more than 20,000 years. :love

I concur. Established actors like Alec Guinness and Peter Cushing were necessary because their respective characters needed the gravitas each actor brought to the role. But casting talented but not-yet-known actors for the bulk of the cast clearly worked well. If they populate the upcoming movies with a bunch of "flavor of the month" actors who are popular but have no real talent, the movies will fail.

Like you I gave the free pass to Alec Guinness and Peter Cushing because of exactly what you said (and nevermind the fact that I was young and didn't know them from Adam no matter who they were anyway! :p). But looking at it through the eyes of being an adult now, I can say that no matter how well known they may have been back then, their stars shone immensely brighter than this bunch of poseurs that populate Hollywood today. I'm not saying that none of them have acting skills, I just think they're an egotistical bunch who couldn't care less about the acting, they just want to have their faces shown.

so the article How Disney Bought Star Wars
How Disney Bought Lucasfilm?and Its Plans for 'Star Wars' - Businessweek
is really intriguing and gives a big clue as to what Lucas handed over but I found this bit in particular very interesting:
"...and the definitive list of individuals who met with Yoda while he was hiding in the swamps of Dagobah."

sure would like to get my hands on this "Holocron " listing 17,000 characters in the Star Wars universe inhabiting several thousand planets over a span of more than 20,000 years. :love

I thought that bit about Yoda was interesting as well... And to have documented to that extent all that info, GL is the ultimate geek! :D

And what's with these lame emoticons...??

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back