Star Wars Short Film help

I tried to get ahold of my local 501st and haven't heard anything yet. I'm going to try again though. The biggest problem is that there are no Sith Troopers in any garrison that I could find.

Perhaps you should join this forum : http://forum.501stsithlords.com/index.php?act=idx ... it's free to become a member and do post an introduction and your intention of making a movie ... this first post will also give you access to Watto's Junkyard to purchase parts and props or even a full costume if you like when offered for sale ... and perhaps post a thread too and thus attract other 501st members from your region more easily ... use the force ... or your dark side, heh :)

Chaim

Celtx is great and free, and perfectly fine for doing stuff on your own...

I use CeltX, myself and it does the job just fine. Before that, I just used Notepad.:rolleyes

I've got a few scripts myself, mostly shorts, and spent a good 8 months on-and-off-again writing a full feature that wound up clocking around 280 pages of poor grammar and worst prose.

As far as teaching yourself on how to write scripts, I learned that like how I learned film theory: I read other scripts. Professional scripts. Particularly from my favorite films and see the progression and changes that went through each draft and revision. You can readily find transcripts of them online. Although, I will say, coming from a literature background, I write my scripts like how I would write normal long-form narratives, so a good lot of what I write are structured like books or short stories. Tarantino says that's how he does it so I use that as my excuse.:p

I tried to get ahold of my local 501st and haven't heard anything yet. I'm going to try again though. The biggest problem is that there are no Sith Troopers in any garrison that I could find.

You're lucky. I'm trying to get something going myself and trying to get a hold of some 501st folk from out of state was probably the second hardest part. The hardest part, now that I've gotten a hold of them, is getting things set up and keep communications between us going.:wacko

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back