STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

What's so ridiculous about Dooku's ship? You realize the solar sail is scientifically accurate to the real world, yes?

So is using millions of feet of kite string to suspend a sail boat. Just because it's scientifically accurate doesn't make it less goofy. If you want a better use of a ship that uses solar sails even though it takes place in a universe that has much more efficiant methods of teval, watch Star Trek: Deep Space Nine's Season 3 Episode 22 episode "Explorers". The solar sailor in that episode is a million times cooler than the one Count Dooku used.

I'm watching the Rebels marathon on Disney channel right now and the episode Breaking Ranks is on. Ezra is going by the name Morgan, and his friend is Kell. Some imperial says the 2 cadets Morgan and Kell are the best etc.. Morgan Kell is a pretty significant character in Battletech if anyone has ever read the Stackpol books. I've seen this episode a few times and just cought that. Just thought it was an interesting Easter egg.

Why don't they just give Ezra a gun? That little slingshot thing doesn't really do much, what is the point of it? They let the guy sling a lightsaber, and he does go into thoroughly dangerous situations, why not let him have a blaster? If we are going to be all PC about this and say "kids shouldn't have guns" then why aren't we saying "kids shouldn't be put into these life threatening situations with a band of outlaws"?

He is getting a blaster/lightsaber combo at some point as per the Rebels Visual Guide book.

In general I find it curious why adults would want to infuse a cartoon with more violence as to make it more realistic and dramatic. Rebels already walks a fine line, with ST as often just getting banged up as opposed to killed outright.

Rebels is actually more violent than I thought Disney would even allow on their network... I am very very VERY happy with the action in the show and the fact that Kanan pulls out a blaster (at point blank range most often!!!) and USES it is really surprising and fun! as for Ezra I really like his slingshot... I wasn't sure I would but now that I see him use it I think it is VERY cool.

The scene where The Inquisitor and Kanan lock blades face to face and Kanan grabs his blaster and shoots (even though the inquisitor knocked his hand so he'd miss) was a big surprise to me.. this thing is very much the space western I wanted.

What's so ridiculous about Dooku's ship? You realize the solar sail is scientifically accurate to the real world, yes?
Sure, but it countered everything else we've seen in the star wars universe.

Hot air balloons work too, but it doesn't mean that the imperials should have hot air assault bombers.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back