STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

1518758_345042542319042_3436209944351972296_o.jpg

Yeah, however we may feel about it, Gungan/Geonosian energy ball technology is Star Wars canon...

They're called Boomas and they weren't exactly made of pure energy. They could be held like a solid object, leave a blue residue on whatever surface they impacted on and in greater mass create substantial physical damage. Plus the Boomas aren't created or 'formed' on a weapon just before it's fired unlike the sling which clearly states "energy ball forms when slingshot is pulled back". I therefore conclude that these two weapons are two completely different pieces of technology and that Rebels has officially created new Star Wars weapon that is more ridiculous than Boomas.

I got an advance copy of "New Dawn" from comic con. It was a decent read that sets up Hera and Kanan's relationship.

I downloaded the sample from Amazon. If I like it, I may buy it. I stopped reading Star Wars books about 15 years ago because it they really strayed from the Star Wars feel and there was no real oversight. The way Disney and LFL now are working to make all media feed into each other is interesting. It's good to know that when I read something, it really will be canon. I know that previously the old EU was considered canon but the stories were so ridiculous that I knew that if LFL ever got back into the game, those stories would never hold up.... and I was right.

Yeah, adult fans can certainly embrace it, but it is first and foremost a kids television program, just like SW has always been. :)

Regardless of whether it's for kids or adults I wouldn't be too surprised that as the series goes on we'll see less and less of that energy slingshot thingy, I bet that that by the end of the first season we'll be able to count the number of times Ezra uses it on one hand. You know though, it would be an interesting prop to try to recreate, use translucent tubing and an LED one each of the arms of the slingshot projector and an LED in an translucent foam or rubber ball and you the closest representation of an energy slingshot that you can get in real life.

Yeah, adult fans can certainly embrace it, but it is first and foremost a kids television program, just like SW has always been. :)

I'll always be a kid. Yeah sure I'll take on adult responsibilities but deep down I'll always be a kid. Even in a retirement home at 90 years old I'll still be watching cartoons and not being some boring adult.Best way to live life I reckon. :)

Ben

I'll always be a kid. Yeah sure I'll take on adult responsibilities but deep down I'll always be a kid. Even in a retirement home at 90 years old I'll still be watching cartoons and not being some boring adult.Best way to live life I reckon. :)

Ben

Agreed. :) And that's why when evaluating Rebels, I think the responsibility is on us as adults to just go along for the ride.

I picked up the Rebels lego Ghost and Phantom last night for my sons 7th birthday!!! :D He's going to love it!

For your sons? :behave Oh.., right.... for your sons. I ;)

Nothing too new here...

[video]http://video.disney.com/watch/disneyxd-star-wars-rebels-team-5019fdd212063eeea543949c[/video]

Last edited:
There is no sign of a blu ray release.

If I understand correctly, this premiere will not be like how the first few episodes of CW was made into a movie separate from season 1. So if you really want it in blu ray, you may want to wait a year and buy Season 1 in blu ray.... Assuming like CW they offer the seasons in blu ray.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back