STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Oh boy! Amazing trailer!!!

Will analyse few bits I saw in the trailer.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Analyzing it frame by frame in order.

Spoilers start here:

• Obi-Wan's message from Rebels' first season's pilot.
  • It looks like someone trespassed Ghost ship because message from holocron wouldn't be just playing like that without a reason.
  • Lambda-class shuttle. Possibly someone important in it? Emperor, Vader, Thrawn?
  • Thrawn raiding Tatooine?
  • New TIE (with shields if I remember correctly)
  • Ezra with Jedi Holocron
  • Zeb and Chopper fighting some kind of assassin droid
  • Ghost's crew arriving on Geonosis
  • I think that what Empire is hiding on Geonosis might be what they used to sterilize Geonosis or something connected to first Death Star?
  • Death Troopers from Rogue One with Thrawn!!!
  • Shadow Troopers (from EU, made into canon in Battlefront) and some kind of General. Maybe Veers?
  • Droidekas and battle droids on Geonosis
  • Stormtrooper with new Fulcrum. Kallus or completely different person?
  • Imperial sentry droids which were clearly inspired by Dark Troopers
  • Possibly a scene with Thrawn telling Kallus that he's the Fulcrum?
  • I think that's Kallus on speeder bike going to Lothal Communication Tower.
  • If it's the Tower, he has his secret base of operations there?
  • Bail Organa, Mon Mothma and Jan Dodonna!!
  • Seems like rebels destroy Imperial Cruiser above Geonosis?
  • McQuarrie's Alderaan hills (used in Rebels as Lothal landscape) concept art behind Thrawn with his E-11.
  • Phantom shuttle arriving on Sabine's home planet which really looks like Starkiller Base but I think it's Rakata Prime
  • Wow!!! Those amazing Mandalorian designs!!!
  • McQuarrie's Boba Fett design!
  • Sabine training with Kanan!
  • Some kind of whip weapon system?
  • Someone flying over Tatooine
  • Maul walking on Tatooine
  • Saw, Kanan and Zeb fighting against new type of troopers which I like to call Jet Troopers
  • Gar Saxon fighting against Sabine
  • Another of Sabine's gadgets - some kind of wrist shield
  • Something happens to Chopper? Maybe connected to Holocron? Or maybe he was reprogrammed since one of next shots looks like it.
  • Thrawn training with sentry droids!!! He clearly wants to be good enough to be able to face the Jedi.
  • Ghost flying near some kind of star with new TIEs chasing them
  • Wedge Antilles!
  • AP-5 droid fighting with Chopper who is possibly reprogrammed.
  • Sabine fighting with Ezra's lightsaber against Gar Saxon!
  • New Star Destroyer type
  • Admiral Yularen!
  • Obi-Wan against Maul!!!
I think that's it. Please tell me your thoughts on the trailer and if you noticed anything else!

Lets say the duel with maul takes place right before or during R1. what makes himself be able to win against maul, but loose against a darth that will hardly move at all?

of course it's hard to ret con something like that, when it was two old guys fighting and the force not really d efined yet..but still

Direct embed of the video for fun:

And it really seems like they were waiting for Rogue One before they cut loose with the big stuff. I love this plan and I'm excited to be a part of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know the color of yellow that Vult Skerris has on his Tie Pilot suit and helmet? I want to put it on the 501st CRL. I have talked to Wampawear about making it. Just not sure of the correct color of yellow.

Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 10.46.58 AM.pngSkyStrike Instructure.jpg

Yeah, they definitely are bringing out the big guns for this second half of the season! I'm so excited!

I'm especially pumped to see that they're bringing deathtroopers to Rebels. Also, Obi-Wan vs. Maul!!

Not to sound like a skeptic but the trailers from this show have always pumped me up. And I've always been let down

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The S3 mid-season trailer was epic, but I expect the Obi-Wan and Maul rematch to be the season finale, unfortunately. I'm hoping they pace the better material so it's more spread out over the remainder of S3, unlike S2 where they teased Maul's return and Ahsoka vs Vader but didn't cover that story until the season finale. There's certainly enough there with Sabine, Kallus, and the formation of the Rebel Alliance that they shouldn't have to throw everything towards the end. Also loving that they're bringing back the Deathtroopers (Krennic really shouldn't be the only officer to have them right?) and showing the TIE Defender in action, just shows how much this series can really bridge the gap between PT, OT, and Rogue One with some sprinkling of EU/Legends.

wow...that's a new one. i guess saying stuff people don't like is considered trolling now.....;o)

why do people always target me and leave others alone? astroboy goes unscathed ;o)

- - - Updated - - -

Good question. i havn't been paying attention to timelines, so i didn't know just how close to R1 this series was. i wasn't expecting obi to have aged that fast.

Is this version of Obi-Wan going to be flashy with the lightsaber or be similar to Ep 4 with just basic left and right lightsaber swings?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back