STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

As an aside, is there any difference between the Rebels stormtrooper helmets and the OT ones?

I could be wrong but I don't think that there's supposed to be. The animators may have gotten some details wrong or took some shortcuts but as far as things in universe are concerned they probably are supposed to be the same. Sometimes fans make too much of minor differences in props and costumes when, in some cases, is just a mistake or based on lack of proper reference material.

As an aside, is there any difference between the Rebels stormtrooper helmets and the OT ones?

I could be wrong but I don't think that there's supposed to be.

The look of the show is an artist interpretation. They have stated in different interviews that the look of Vader, Troopers, TIEs, blasters, etc are not meant to be earlier versions.

However you just never know about somethings. For instance, the AT-ATs seen when we first saw Rex again were some sort of early prototypes that were larger than what we see in the movies. This is one of the reasons I like watching the Rebel Recon of each episode and reading through the on line episode guide.

The look of the show is an artist interpretation. They have stated in different interviews that the look of Vader, Troopers, TIEs, blasters, etc are not meant to be earlier versions.

However you just never know about somethings. For instance, the AT-ATs seen when we first saw Rex again were some sort of early prototypes that were larger than what we see in the movies. This is one of the reasons I like watching the Rebel Recon of each episode and reading through the on line episode guide.

That's what I figured and, like I said previously, something that some fans tend to get overly fixated on. They'll either nitpick them apart, commenting/criticizing on how they differ from what we've seen in the OT or they'll think that the differences are somehow significant and represent something new that we haven't seen before.

Yes, and it would've been nice to see a progression of the loss of panels by seeing more of them in place before the rebels get them.

Pretty good likeness

Denis%20Lawson%20%20'Armchair%20Thriller'%20(1978)%201.3.jpg

J

Yes, and it would've been nice to see a progression of the loss of panels by seeing more of them in place before the rebels get them.

Depending on how the models are built that could be tricky as it would involve a lot of reworking those areas that have the panels removed. Normally, with 3D models you don't model areas that don't get seen, it's a waste of time and effort and it, potentially, adds more polygons that need to be rendered. But, if they really wanted to do it they could have, all they'd have to do is either create new models or use the existing models that have the parts underneath the panels modeled as separate components but are essentially turned off and get ignored when being rendered. But I imagine that they found it quicker and easier (therefore cheaper) to just model them as is and not have removable panels.

It would have been far less polygons, because, say, the fairings remained up to the wing struts and was greeblies from there back. Just a few surfaces to render for half the ship instead of all the details seen on them now. They wouldn't have to be removable, so no rendering or modeling of the detail inside.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, not a huge deal! Episode 3 didn't ruin my childhood. ;)

wedge looks great! I'm glad theyre including him here. makes sense. until he's all like "I'm hit! I can't stay with you."

i dont know if its because i'm now used to binge watching shows on netflix but the 1 week wait between episodes is kinda killing me.

has it been confirmed theres 20+ episodes this season?

i believe it has although I cannot refer back to any evidence.

I am excited to see Wedge but also interested in the episode after this one called Hera's Heroes. I have to wonder if the story is similar to Kelly's Heroes.

Related off topic... my dream fan film would be a comedy Star Wars version of Hogan's Heroes. It would take place on an Imperial prison planet where a rebel cell operates.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back