STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Where did you see it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

They let the people they like see it early. :angel

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/film-musi...atively-oversee-future-animation-development/

Filoni To Creatively Oversee Future Animation Development

Following the news that Jason Ridge would be taking on the role of Supervising Director of Star Wars Rebels, and the question mark that added to Dave Filoni’s role on Rebels moving forward, Lucasfilm have given a statement to Big Shiny Robot.

“Dave is still just as involved as ever – overseeing all aspects of Star Wars Rebels production as Executive Producer and occasionally directing episodes. In many ways, mentoring Justin and moving him into the role as Supervising Director has made it possible for Dave to be even more immersed in the writing and story structure of the show as well as creatively overseeing future animation development. Justin started with Lucasfilm Animation on the first season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars and worked with Dave before that on Avatar: The Last Airbender, so they’ve been working together for quite some time.”

The question now must be asked, what other projects is Dave Filoni working on….

Last edited by a moderator:
That's possible. But Bail Organa supported the remaining Jedi after Order 66 had been executed, so he may have told Leia about the Clone Wars and intentionally hid any references to Kenobi being a Jedi, or even lied about it, to protect him.

Luke was pretty distraught over Kenobi's "death" in A New Hope, but, yeah, Luke and Leia probably had that conversation at some point; we just didn't see it in any of the movies.

That's what I was thinking as well. You wouldn't want Leia, as a kid, running around talking about Jedi. Who knows.

As for Luke, I meant before Obi Wan was killed, like when they were on the Death Star. For instance, Leia (if she didn't know who Obi Wan was) saying "How is this old guy going to help us?" and Luke then saying "Dude, he cut off a guy's arm!"

302-episode-gallery-reb_ia_16709_ae692330.jpg

...they are being sent to General Donnona's group so you most likely won't see them again, but who knows.

One little thing bothered me and I admit that the US military is not the Rebellion military so anything is fair game but I'm going to get it off my chest.

Well, we WILL be seeing them again, just... Later.

As for the ranks - I'm not a military guy, but Star Wars ranks have always been iffy. Look at how they just make anyone a general.

Well, we WILL be seeing them again, just... Later.

As for the ranks - I'm not a military guy, but Star Wars ranks have always been iffy. Look at how they just make anyone a general.

I know. I sort of hate bringing it up because of that. And like I said, it's the Star Wars universe so it doesn't have to make sense to our world. Also as noted in the update to my original post, I now think I know what they were trying to establish so my whole rant was for nothing.

what does irk me now is that starwars.com did not update their site with episode rival and concept art as they usually do. They added Rebel Recon but no new images except for what existed for the preview.

just finished the show. i honestly totally forgot until i saw all the notifications on my phone.. alittle late. but thankfully it was on demand. i enjoyed the season opener. its kinda what i expected.

MJF i never understood miliarty ranking, i always found it weird that the military, army, airforce, and navy all have different tiles? you would think it would all be the same? like for instance i dont know who's more powerful, a general or a colonel?

going to go hit up the rebels recon

just finished watching the recon
ohhhhh!!! next week is going to be fun!!!

anyone able to grab some screen grabs of ezra's new saber?

just finished the show. i honestly totally forgot until i saw all the notifications on my phone.. alittle late. but thankfully it was on demand. i enjoyed the season opener. its kinda what i expected.

MJF i never understood miliarty ranking, i always found it weird that the military, army, airforce, and navy all have different tiles? you would think it would all be the same? like for instance i dont know who's more powerful, a general or a colonel?

going to go hit up the rebels recon

if you want to know about real ranks of the US military, their order and how the paygrades compare between services, check out this chart: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f8/90/ca/f890ca58d0745945910979092fced293.png

as far as Star Wars rebel ranks, I think they use a hybrid rank structure. BSG did a similar thing.

That is one of the reasons I am miffed at the lack of concept art in the episode guide this week. Usually if they introduce a new prop in the show, it will turn up in the concept art section.

it looks pretty cool, triangle d ring. looks like obi wan sink knob. looks like grenade rings, and very small emitter, but also looks like it has a shield over the grenade part but control box/button. the shield almost looks like qui gon's saber

hoping to see close ups of it

kinda crazy how
kanan hangs his saber on his belt now... i always liked the 2 piece concept

I think the closest thing we have to a known rank is what the resistance uses and was shown in the Vis Dic. Now previous Visual Dictionaries had issues with accuracy. So take this with a grain of salt.

20108fb5fc189d8c017100acb945d1ec.jpg

Now in the case of the rebellion, you simply turn every end and angle point into a dot and it should be something similar to what was used in the OT. I can't promise you there are not issues in that theory but I think it a good guide.to help get us by. :p

...As for Luke, I meant before Obi Wan was killed, like when they were on the Death Star. For instance, Leia (if she didn't know who Obi Wan was) saying "How is this old guy going to help us?" and Luke then saying "Dude, he cut off a guy's arm!"
Well, they were kinda' busy:

1. Get Leia out of her cell.
2. Get Leia out of the cell block.
3. Get Leia out of the trash compactor.
4. Avoid Stormtroopers.
5. Swing across the gap.
6. Blast! More Stormtroopers!
7. Ben?
8. Get Leia on the Falcon and off of the Death Star.
9. TIE Fighters? Will this never end?
10. Oh, right, Vader killed Ben. *grief*

So, yeah, not much time to say, "Oh, by the way, that guy that was dueling with Vader was Ben Kenobi. I saw him cut a guy's arm off in a bar once..."

Man, I wanna watch this episode!

But I can't buy it on YouTube or Google play yet!

I really need to get cable again

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

just finished watching the recon
ohhhhh!!! next week is going to be fun!!!

anyone able to grab some screen grabs of ezra's new saber?

I don't think there was anything that was shown that had any detail. From a distance it looked like a thin OWK - however - looking at it hand off his belt - It hung down damn near his knee, so unless he's 5'-0" it seems fairly long

I don't think there was anything that was shown that had any detail. From a distance it looked like a thin OWK - however - looking at it hand off his belt - It hung down damn near his knee, so unless he's 5'-0" it seems fairly long

kanan's looked fatter as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S3 Ep1 was a decent episode. I'd call it a standard episode which sets the season in motion. Nice to see the Y-Wings although..

...they are being sent to General Donnona's group so you most likely won't see them again, but who knows.

One little thing bothered me and I admit that the US military is not the Rebellion military so anything is fair game but I'm going to get it off my chest.

If your rank is Lieutenant Commander, you can address them as either Lieutenant Commander or Commander but not simply as Lieutenant. Assuming there is a rank of Lieutenant in the Rebellion, it is improper to call someone a rank that by title demotes them. It is ok if it is a rank above them.

For instance, you cannot call someone within the Chief ranks of the navy "Chief" because the ranks go Chief, Senior Chief, and Master Chief. Calling a Senior or Master Chief a Chief is an insult. However and Admiral can be called Admiral because the ranks go; Rear (Upper/Lower) Admiral, Vice Admiral, and Admiral.

Same goes for Sargent ranks in the Marines and Army. The lowest of the SGT ranks is Sargent so for instance, calling a Master Sargent is disrespectful. HOWEVER, you can do it in the Air Force because there is no just "Sargent" rank.

Ok, just had to vent.

______

UPDATE:

As I watch the episode again, the phrasing of "Lieutenant Commander" when giving Ezra his new rank could mean; "You will a mission commander with the rank of Lieutenant." After all, Hera is only a Captain as in an army type, not a higher ranking Navy type. I am assuming that based on the simple two blue pips on her sleeve.

Yeah, that bugged me too. You could almost chalk it off to being just a peculiarity of the Rebellion but later on in the episode Ezra is referred to or addressed as Commander.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back