STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

when reading mauls bio, i got the feeling of digging up kenobi's location... i think it would be amazing to see a showdown between kenobi and maul. and having ol' ben finish maul off once and for all
This actually already happened in a comic called Old Wounds in the Star Wars Visionaries trade paperback. Unfortunately it was regarded as non-canon upon its release and it would be considered Legends now anyway.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Old_Wounds

maul07.jpg

I've always felt it was a much more appropriate Maul story than what was shown in The Clone Wars and now Rebels.

This actually already happened in a comic called Old Wounds in the Star Wars Visionaries trade paperback. Unfortunately it was regarded as non-canon upon its release and it would be considered Legends now anyway.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Old_Wounds

View attachment 661065

I've always felt it was a much more appropriate Maul story than what was shown in The Clone Wars and now Rebels.

very cool!!! I didn't know that! I'm going to have to see if I can find them at my local shop.

I seriously hope to see ol' Ben in rebels. I thought for sure when ahsoka took off in the beginning of season 2, I thought she was hunting down kenobi

but.. does she know he's still alive? granted the Jedi can see kenobi on the "beware message" he sent out at the temple.. but who knows he survived after that?

I just seriously hope we see him in rebels...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've remember reading that one. I still kind of like the idea that Obi Wan totally hid his identity and sat in the desert for 20 years and the first time we see him publicly use his lightsaber is in the Cantina. Sort of like the time for hiding is over. I mean he might have used the Force here and there because people call him a crazy old wizard, but not his lightsaber.

I haven't read this thread because I don't want spoilers. I'm thinking about spending $20 for Season 1, and another $27 for Season 2. Are either worth it, IYO?

Thanks. No spoilers, please.

The Wook

Season two had a great first episode and a great last episode. Everything was pretty much crap. This show would work MUCH better with small arcs like the clone wars did. Because every adventure is one episode long, it feels like an 80's sitcom

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

If you want to be super disappointed in new Canon material... season 2 is priceless.

Season two had a great first episode and a great last episode. Everything was pretty much crap. This show would work MUCH better with small arcs like the clone wars did. Because every adventure is one episode long, it feels like an 80's sitcom

Wow, guys...I was not expecting *this* feedback about Season 2.

But what about Season 1? Did you dig that?

The Wook

I Thought season 2 was great. Some ADULTS here forget this show isn't for Life embittered, cynical, jaded grown ups, but for kids that still see hope and joy in the world around them.

Wow, guys...I was not expecting *this* feedback about Season 2.

But what about Season 1? Did you dig that?

The Wook
I thought season 1 was an all around fun ride. It really encapsulated the feel of the OT. The short movie between season 1 and 2 was amazing. But season 2 was like watching Filoni go back to playing in his toy box. All flavor, no substance.

I guess I'm bitter and cynical because I didn't like it though. But I'm sure you'll understand that sentiment, Wook... as you've been called worse on occasion (sometimes by me lol).

I Thought season 2 was great. Some ADULTS here forget this show isn't for Life embittered, cynical, jaded grown ups, but for kids that still see hope and joy in the world around them.
Okay. But we all know that star wars canon has never been directed towards kids. It's made for everyone. Some of it is even dark for kids....but you still let them watch it.
And we all know that the worst of it is when they cater specifically to kids (ewoks, caravan of courage, holiday special, jar jar)

so why does Rebels hold to a different standard? For me, the childish design of it is a bit disappointing because it was billed as a continuation the TCW. So it feels like a committee is controlling filing more than Lucas did.

And in all honesty, it isn't the childishness that bothers me. It's the lack of real storytelling. These standalone episodes don't build up any momentum. Like I said, it feels like an 80's sitcom in that sense.

So for season 2 it felt like the opener was good, as what the ending. But there no other arcs in between. You could say that the B wing episode was important, as was the episode with agent kallus and zeb. But they never really returned to those ideas. Even the story where they discovered that the geonosians were eradicated was never mentioned again.

It felt like a car stuck in the mud. Briefly alluding to more story, and then shifting to another.

None of that has anything to do with it being childish. It's about story telling

I haven't read this thread because I don't want spoilers. I'm thinking about spending $20 for Season 1, and another $27 for Season 2. Are either worth it, IYO?

Thanks. No spoilers, please.

The Wook

season 1 was amazing, season 2 on the other hand... it had only a few episodes i liked. every week i said "i give up.." and didnt plan on watching anymore but did anyway my list of good episodes are

1-2 siege of lothal
3 the lost commanders
4 relics of the old republic
7 wings of the master
10 future of the force (sucked until the last 5 minutes)
18 shroud of darkness (amazing)
21-22 twilight of the appearance (best damn episode in the season, amazing)

so out of 22 episodes i only liked 7, and 3 of them to me are only able to be watched repeatively

I thought season 1 was an all around fun ride. It really encapsulated the feel of the OT. The short movie between season 1 and 2 was amazing. But season 2 was like watching Filoni go back to playing in his toy box. All flavor, no substance.

I guess I'm bitter and cynical because I didn't like it though. But I'm sure you'll understand that sentiment, Wook... as you've been called worse on occasion (sometimes by me lol).

I had to google the name "Filoni". I assumed you were referencing a character from some classic piece of literature I'd never read. lol

Nothing wrong with throwing shade on Star Wars content we don't like, JVR. It speaks volumes of our adoration for the magic of the original Star Wars content.

Again, without any spoilers, was Vader a plus for Season 2, or was he part of the reason it was weak?

The Wook

- - - Updated - - -

season 1 was amazing, season 2 on the other hand... it had only a few episodes i liked. every week i said "i give up.." and didnt plan on watching anymore but did anyway my list of good episodes are

1-2 siege of lothal
3 the lost commanders
4 relics of the old republic
7 wings of the master
10 future of the force (sucked until the last 5 minutes)
18 shroud of darkness (amazing)
21-22 twilight of the appearance (best damn episode in the season, amazing)

so out of 22 episodes i only liked 7, and 3 of them to me are only able to be watched repeatively

Thanks for the breakdown, halliwax. Same question for you I asked joshvanrad. Did Vader make Season 2 better, or was he part of the problem? (No spoilers, please.)

The Wook

I had to google the name "Filoni". I assumed you were referencing a character from some classic piece of literature I'd never read. lol

Nothing wrong with throwing shade on Star Wars content we don't like, JVR. It speaks volumes of our adoration for the magic of the original Star Wars content.

Again, without any spoilers, was Vader a plus for Season 2, or was he part of the reason it was weak?

The Wook

When Dave Filoni can keep his inner fanboy at bay and exercise some restraint, Vader comes off as pretty kickass. I would say there is a part that has Vader in his truest form since ESB. HOWEVER, when Filoni can't manage to suppress that crazy fanboy side he loses some of his luster. But that's enough out of me. You can draw your own conclusions, without my stupid opinions.

When Dave Filoni can keep his inner fanboy at bay and exercise some restraint, Vader comes off as pretty kickass. I would say there is a part that has Vader in his truest form since ESB. HOWEVER, when Filoni can't manage to suppress that crazy fanboy side he loses some of his luster. But that's enough out of me. You can draw your own conclusions, without my stupid opinions.

Cool, thanks!

The Wook

I don't really understand what you mean by this? Was he allowed to be more of a fanboy on the clone wars?

Because that's the filoni I want. I want the guy who devoted around 16 episodes that all tied into Maul getting revenge on Kenobi.

I don't really understand what you mean by this? Was he allowed to be more of a fanboy on the clone wars?

Because that's the filoni I want. I want the guy who devoted around 16 episodes that all tied into Maul getting revenge on Kenobi.

I don't want to get into another "what is Star Wars" debate with more people, because Star Wars is different for everybody. But the Filoni Star Wars is not my vision for Star Wars. There were only a handful of episodes out of the entirety of CW that I enjoyed. I agree with your longer arcs statements, but in general I just don't care for what Filoni has done for the franchise. I respect his passion, not his vision.

The Wook

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the breakdown, halliwax. Same question for you I asked joshvanrad. Did Vader make Season 2 better, or was he part of the problem? (No spoilers, please.)

The Wook

Vader made it freakn awesome!!! I'm telling you, twilight of the apprentice has to be my favorite episode by far!!

I hope the rumors aren't true and Vader will be more involved in season 3. I keep hearing Vader won't make a appearance in season 3. and if u watch season 2 it doesn't make sense Vader not showing up in season 3...

Vader made it freakn awesome!!! I'm telling you, twilight of the apprentice has to be my favorite episode by far!!

I hope the rumors aren't true and Vader will be more involved in season 3. I keep hearing Vader won't make a appearance in season 3. and if u watch season 2 it doesn't make sense Vader not showing up in season 3...

It's not really a rumor, Dave has said Vader is not featured in Season 3.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back