Star Wars Rebels Ghost Model

I started watching Rebels recently out of curiousity after Disney put so many little references in Rogue One. I'm glad I made it through the first few episodes... Really enjoying it. Now Chopper and The Ghost are on my list of scratch builds! Very much looking forward to following your build.

Phantom 1st Test render, without Textures. To my knowledge, while examine references, Phantom I from season 1 and Phantom I from Season 3 ep 1 are difference. There are few changes. I probably gonna make 2 version based on thus. Any Input or comments on this rendered model Would be great .Thanks
View attachment 693301

That looks good! More renders would be nice if you feel like sharing them. Only thing I might say from this view is that the folding wing panels are not all the same "chord". The outermost panel (or the topmost when folded) is slightly narrower so there is a step along the leading and trailing edges. I translated this into a slight matching change in the folding well edges. For such a small vessel, it has a great deal of complexity in the design.

R/ Robert

I realize I've been out of it for a while,eh?! Anyway, these are the markings I worked up a bit ago now, hope they are of use. The slew of small markings are custom warning placards for things like 'danger' and 'radiation', etc. in Aurebesh (sp?) and inspired by the decals applied to the Millennium Falcon. (The JPGs are previews of the PDF file.)
extract_warning symbols.jpg
decal preview.JPG

Regards, Robert

View attachment ghost_decals.pdf

Last edited:
To help 'decode' the placards, here is the custom variant of Aurebesh I used. I rationalized that, given many of the characters are rather wide, character overlapping would be 'allowed'. The result is nicely complex and appealing. I also attempted to standardize the character widths and their compositional forms to improve character uniqueness (a few in the widely available alphabets & fonts are pretty close to each other in form.) I also considered how the alphabet would be manually written, so I attempted to reduce the 'stroke' requirements without compromising the forms. So not strictly 'canon', but pretty darn close and I feel forgivable since the originals were in English! ;^P

Enjoy!

Regards, Robert

Aurebesh preview.JPG

View attachment Aurebesh.pdf

FORPF.jpg3.jpg

Hi guys.Morning. Its been awhile. This is my latest update. As stated before, My reference mostly came from the Series itself, a 'Secret of the StarWars Rebels" video, and a toy from hasbro but heavily inspired from a sketch by Senior Concept Artist, Amy Beth Christenson. Some details are from my own. Wasnt 100% accurate, and will never be. Pictures included are :

1- Its a showcase of Textures
2- Final Render.

Hope this will give some lights to a few.

Last edited:
Hello, everyone.
Thanks a lot for your comments and suggestions.

I've decided to do it in a 1:72 scale.
That will give it a total length of 60.9cm / 24in.
With that set, I started preparing the templates to cut.

I used a 3d model to render some views.

View attachment 557814

Then I traced the renders in Adobe Illustrator,
that gives me a vector file for the laser cutter.

View attachment 557813

Not that much to show you for the moment.
I think the MDF will be ready on Tuesday.
So next week the actual building will begin.
Can't wait to finally get my hands on it.

Bye!
Hi there, amaizing work! Thanks a lot for sharing Ai blueprint, is there any way to create a blueprint for cutting based on this file? Like the ones You've made for laser cutter.
I mean I'm planning to build ghost from some plastic sheets, no cutter or whatsoever... Just wanted to make a blueprint of all parts required and cut them out of plastic and glue all togethter...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back