Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (tv series)

I'd read they were still looking to cast for a 10 year old Luke Skywalker.
I really wish they had kept well away from the original characters.

Like Obi Wan? :)

Even if it's a 10 year old in back ground shots that never has any real dialog - you still have to cast them. It'd be one thing if he's routinely meeting ben in secret for secret training, but we know that's not going to happen.

I'm guessing the young Luke will either be utilized in one of the following ways. In the old EU books, they mentioned Obi-Wan running into Owen and Luke while they were in town shopping and Owen chased Obi-Wan off. The second would be a scene or scenes where Obi-Wan approaches Owen to train Luke, which is mentioned in SW. The last would just be a far off shot of Obi-Wan watching over him from a distance. If they doing anything besides those, it won't work and would be contradictory to the dialogue in SW where Luke doesn't really know Obi-Wan, he just a weird hermit.

My point was that this show and any other Star Wars content involving known characters is only going to erode the existing stories because in order to have interesting material to work with you have to often break the canon established in those existing works. Which is why I've argued for years now that it's time to move on from known characters and scenarios and the sole reason why the first season of The Mandalorion was so successful. That show was a hit because it dared to do something new. At least until season 2. Then it took a nose dive into the familiar.

I love Ewan as Obi-Wan but unless they handle it with care (and history has proven they won't *cue Geode) then it will change the continuity of not only the OT, but the PT, Clone Wars and Rebels. So for those who are quick to dismiss this as whining, just don't be shocked when you see major continuity problems come up as a result of the writing.

I hope I'm wrong because the idea of Ewan reprising the role does sound appealing in theory but I've long given up hope on this franchise. It's the proverbial scab fans can't stop picking. Don't be mad when you're left with a scar.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is real or fan made, but cannot find any info on it. It was posted on Facebook.
Either way, and especially if just fan made, it looks pretty cool. (These type posters usually over do it a bit on the eyes though)

kenobi.jpg

My point was that this show and any other Star Wars content involving known characters is only going to erode the existing stories because in order to have interesting material to work with you have to often break the canon established in those existing works. Which is why I've argued for years now that it's time to move on from known characters and scenarios and the sole reason why the first season of The Mandalorion was so successful. That show was a hit because it dared to do something new. At least until season 2. Then it took a nose dive into the familiar.

I love Ewan as Obi-Wan but unless they handle it with care (and history has proven they won't *cue Geode) then it will change the continuity of not only the OT, but the PT, Clone Wars and Rebels. So for those who are quick to dismiss this as whining, just don't be shocked when you see major continuity problems come up as a result of the writing.

I hope I'm wrong because the idea of Ewan reprising the role does sound appealing in theory but I've long given up hope on this franchise. It's the proverbial scab fans can't stop picking. Don't be mad when you're left with a scar.
At this point I have decided to treat each series or film(s) as standalone pieces of work that don't tie in together. Yes i'm sure I could cop some criticism for doing that, but it keeps me enjoying the stories if I find them interesting etc.

Why do I do that? Well for the exact reason you rightly point out, which is that the insistence that everything has to fit together/be inextricably linked, will simply create more problems than it will solve. Especially with known characters and their histories.

It was certainly a big issue I had with the recent SW films.

Personally I believe LFL should've stuck with George's point that extra material can be churned out, but that there are "official products" that are not beholden to anything beyond the previous main pieces.

First set leaks of McGregor...
Screenshot_20210613-101130.png
Screenshot_20210613-101146.png
Screenshot_20210613-101239.png

& this is more than likely a stunt double, but you can see a bit more of the costume...
Screenshot_20210613-101331.png
Screenshot_20210613-101357.png

I think it's funny that Ewan seems to be careful about hiding the costume, & but the double barely makes an effort.

Lol

Oh, but didn't you listen to the Disney fanboys who said SW would be better now because EVERYTHING would be canon? Ha!
Yep I heard my fellow SW fans express an opinion on it. For some I expect they may find it still to be better for them. I won't argue with them as it doesn't affect me or my choices.

If the Kenobi series has as many good episodes as the either season of the Mandalorian, I’ll probably consider myself content. Not that I’m over the moon with the Mandalorian, just that the episodes I did like I generally really did like, and seeing as how I mostly seem to be in the minority in the new Filoni era, three or four good episodes out of a season of eight are really all I should be happy with.

I’ve been fully vaccinated since January. I still wear a mask. Working at a hospital and watching over 400 people die from the virus as well as carry them to the morgue may have given me a slightly different perspective on things.

The long term effects of some of our patients who got it a year ago, the memory loss, motor skill problems, loss of smell and taste that is still on going.... we still don’t know what will be five years from now.

Anti-maskers because it infringes on ‘their rights’ really piss me off.

Never vaccinators likewise are not educating themselves as to why, they jump on a bandwagon alongside so many others who protest it just for the sake of protesting.

Until we’re ALL safe, NONE of us are!

I’ve been fully vaccinated since January. I still wear a mask. Working at a hospital and watching over 400 people die from the virus as well as carry them to the morgue may have given me a slightly different perspective on things.

The long term effects of some of our patients who got it a year ago, the memory loss, motor skill problems, loss of smell and taste that is still on going.... we still don’t know what will be five years from now.

Anti-maskers because it infringes on ‘their rights’ really piss me off.

Never vaccinators likewise are not educating themselves as to why, they jump on a bandwagon alongside so many others who protest it just for the sake of protesting.

Until we’re ALL safe, NONE of us are!
Since the corona virus is highly politicized i feel like its a topic best kept off this site.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back