Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (tv series)

Full cast announced, with filming to begin in April...

Screenshot_20210329-112614.png

I could see Hayden in heavy makeup, sitting in Vader's meditation chamber, reaching out with the Force, trying to find Obi Wan.

Just saying he's a part of the cast doesn't mean he'll be A HUGE part of every episode.

I really hope they don't pull a Mark Hamill in the TFA with Christensen here to hype the show. I read speculation that because Christensen is cast "in the role of Darth Vader" we won't see him as Anakin Skywalker in flashbacks. I don't think that's necessarily true at all. There's some great actors cast, cautiously optimistic.

Hoping Moses Ingram is Grand Admiral Rae Sloane. I've been hoping for her to make an appearance in live action for a while now.

I really hope they don't pull a Mark Hamill in the TFA with Christensen here to hype the show. I read speculation that because Christensen is cast "in the role of Darth Vader" we won't see him as Anakin Skywalker in flashbacks. I don't think that's necessarily true at all. There's some great actors cast, cautiously optimistic.
Can't imagine there's a relevant number of people that have no intention of watching if it's just Ewan that are suddenly 'in' if Hayden's there.

Also, if he's always in the suit, isn't he then rather pointless? You can't see him, and the voice is JEJ.

They have mentioned that we will see Vader with his helmet off, so I think that's where Vader comes in. It would be cool if they show him struggling with his decisions. I know people want Vader to be an evil unstoppable killing machine, but obviously he was that, but never fully committed. Well to the killing part, but not the Dark Side part I guess... :lol:

well in a new hope vader says "I sense something. A presence I've not felt since..." so I'm guessing they will make a big play off of that line.

I hope they don’t.

Flashbacks, dream sequences, Force visions are all game to me. But “meeting again” should only happen on the Death Star in Episode IV
Well, at a certain time, they'll have to stop using Vader...JEJ cannot live forever. Unless someone else can imitate his voice (possible);)

Well, at a certain time, they'll have to stop using Vader...JEJ cannot live forever. Unless someone else can imitate his voice (possible);)
Once I get warmed up, I'm pretty good. The trick is knowing what James Earl went through as a boy with his speech impediment, how he took inspiration from stories of Cicero filling his mouth with pebbles and addressing the sea until he could be clearly understood over the sound of the waves... You can see and hear and feel it in the way he shapes his words, how carefully he enunciates, how he channels strong emotion into a particular line... Having a baritone or lower voice helps, too. But most of mimicry is studying mannerisms and particular characteristics. See: Every SNL cast member who's imitated a public figure. Some nail it to the extent people confuse them for the real person. Some don't.

But if I, Joe Schmoe from the PNW can do a convincing JEJ, I'm sure others are out there who can do just as well or better. When someone like him is so known for his voice, I'd think they'd take on an understudy to carry on their legacy when they could no longer handle the workload.

In other news, I'm happy about the cast announcement. I had hoped we'd see the Larses, but knew it wasn't guaranteed, or that we'd see both. I gotta drop Bonnie a congrats. She's wanted more time as Beru since AOTC and I'm frustrated so much of her work ended up cut.

Yeah, there's some pretty great voice impersonators for Vader that can be found on YouTube. The great thing about a vocal impersonator is they don't have to LOOK like the character. They only have to sound like them.

You're so right about the manner of speaking being the most important, even more than having a deep voice. You can down pitch a voice but if they aren't performing it properly, it isn't Vader.

Can't imagine there's a relevant number of people that have no intention of watching if it's just Ewan that are suddenly 'in' if Hayden's there.

Also, if he's always in the suit, isn't he then rather pointless? You can't see him, and the voice is JEJ.
I was referring to Lucasfilm hyping an actor's involvement in a project and then giving them 30 seconds of screen time as they did Hamill in TFA.I found that to be obnoxious. I would be happy if Hayden wasn't in it at all, not a huge fan. Not sure having Vader in it is entirely necessary either but we'll see how they handle it.

Last edited:
well in a new hope vader says "I sense something. A presence I've not felt since..." so I'm guessing they will make a big play off of that line.

I really hope that that referred to their final meeting on Mustafar. I think now and in the old EU somewhat, they felt a need to explain everything. Vader shouldn't be anywhere near Obi-Wan until the Death Star. Obi-Wan shouldn't be off Tatooine and Lucas said Vader would never return to Tatooine.

I really hope that that referred to their final meeting on Mustafar. I think now and in the old EU somewhat, they felt a need to explain everything. Vader shouldn't be anywhere near Obi-Wan until the Death Star. Obi-Wan shouldn't be off Tatooine and Lucas said Vader would never return to Tatooine.
100% it's obi V vader on batuu disney park planet. Vader will be unmasked so we can see lord haydens beautiful eyes and emotions. Everyone is going to be there in the crowd for a cameo, ahsoka, the child, boba, maul, mando...the only person not showing up is Lars 'cause he's an *******.

Reality is just a suggestion and we're living in disneyland

I was referring to Lucasfilm hyping an actor's involvement in a project and then giving them 30 seconds of screen time as they did Hamill in TFA.I found that to be obnoxious. I would be happy if Hayden wasn't in it at all, not a huge fan. Not sure having Vader in it is entirely necessary either but we'll see how they handle it.
And that was to tell tickets. No more, no less. That was my point. They did that with Mark because it gained them something. Hayden doesn't gain them much of anything since it's on a streaming site.

And that was to tell tickets. No more, no less. That was my point. They did that with Mark because it gained them something. Hayden doesn't gain them much of anything since it's on a streaming site.
My personal opinion of him aside...I do see what you're saying but don't agree that Hayden wouldn't be a large enough draw for people to watch/subsrcibe which is what streaming services want. He does have a fan base, I've met many and have seen many at Celebration/cons. Not nearly as much as Hamill obviously but a draw nonetheless. Otherwise they wouldn't bother with him in it at all. If you don't agree that's fine, no one is forcing you to. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back