Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (tv series)

I LOVED seeing Luke in the Mandalorian. Tarkington was cool too. Leah didn’t look quite right though.

I had not considered that they would be de-aging the actors

I agree about actual fan speculation and getting their moment. However fan speculation and gossip are one thing, news sources quoting and linking to Mike Zeroh is another. And no it's not all black and white, there's much in the middle. Gossip is natural, can be fun and has always been a part of entertainment news and yes the trend is fan/media theories are passable. The degree of it is the issue.

There is also a big difference between actual fan theories and content that is disguised as such and is engineered by the industry to hype itself. I get that all these things happen but that doesn't mean they should or that it's a positive direction culturally to be going. Just my take on it.

She could also be a new love interest or just a friend/foe Obi-wan meets on Tatooine. I hope they do something like that instead of making her a character we're already familiar with.

Last edited:
I'd like it to be closer to ANH...wasn't fond of the changes for ROTS other than the necessary lack of weathering. Would kind of be interesting visually to see him wield both his own and Anakin's at the same time getting overwhelmed with blaster fire. Story wise not so sure about that. Trying to keep an open mind about this particular show despite recent Lucas Film ventures because it's a period/subject that really has a lot of potential.

I'd love to see him use both 'sabers to pull an Ahsoka escape -- stab through the floor, half-turn in place, drop with the cut-out floor section. :)
I always suspected that itself originated from the deleted scene in Revenge of the Sith where Anakin and Obi-Wan escaped Grievous through the floor:
WDybfPp.jpg

I mean, it would be cool if it was something in between his ROTS saber and the ANH. Like not quite all beat up as the ANH, but getting there. Definitely not as glossy as the ROTS.
I feel ya. As long as its not the same exact style they used in rots. I didn't like that one at all. But it would be interesting to see the transition toward the anh saber. Theres a possibility they might rent one of mine. We shall see.

I'd like it to be closer to ANH...wasn't fond of the changes for ROTS other than the necessary lack of weathering. Would kind of be interesting visually to see him wield both his own and Anakin's at the same time getting overwhelmed with blaster fire. Story wise not so sure about that. Trying to keep an open mind about this particular show despite recent Lucas Film ventures because it's a period/subject that really has a lot of potential.
I agree completely.

Apparently Jedi must get some training in all lightsaber styles, because in AOTS Anakin was pretty competent using dual sabers. I would think though that unless you trained daily with that style, you're probably better off sticking to a single lightsaber.

Apparently Jedi must get some training in all lightsaber styles, because in AOTS Anakin was pretty competent using dual sabers. I would think though that unless you trained daily with that style, you're probably better off sticking to a single lightsaber.
I know that all jedi get training in form 1 that is the basis that they build upon by specializing in another form. I dont think jedi practice all forms since that is often noted as a mark of achievement with expertise in all forms being a high achievement (I think only Yoda, Windu, and the training master have these).

Anakin was a prodigy which may be why he was decent with 2 but it also ended pretty quickly imo. They had 2 bouts until Dooku destroyed one.

in terms of lightsabers, i would like to see an in between hilt or fully ANH. I sort of presumed that Obi Wan’s RotS hilt was supposed to be ANH and the different measurements were just due to not having the actual prop.

Note: nevermind, i was wrong. Jedi apparently get some basic training in 2 handed at least

Last edited:
Everybody is wanting blaster fights and lightsaber duels.

I think I'm the only one who wants this to a quieter, more introspective piece.

i would actually like that as well. Obi wan just mulling on the force, reflecting on his failures and what he could do better.

but im guessing most of the audience wants to see cool fights and explosions.

In the novel for ROTS, the reason Anakin & Obi Wan defeated Dooku is because they gave him a false sense of security by adopting their traditional lightsaber forms at the beginning of the battle, them switching to different forms when he got comfortable. It gave the impression that their level of training in various forms was completely up to the individual Jedi. Since the two of them were famous throughout the Galaxy, they chose to expand their knowledge to surprise any enemies that may have studied them in order to gain an advantage in a fight.

One of the best parts of that novel IMO. Hearing the internal dialog of the fighters during a battle.

Everybody is wanting blaster fights and lightsaber duels.

I think I'm the only one who wants this to a quieter, more introspective piece.
For me, this is why I'm hoping they borrow from the Kenobi novel. It struck a nice balance between action and introspection. Tonally, it's very spaghetti western with Obi-Wan cast as the Man with No Name, so I think it would work beautifully in this context.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back