Star Wars mysterious rebel blaster?

Tom Sheldon

Hi Everyone!
When sorting my old pc games I found the Star Wars Empire at War expansion Forces of Corruption. I have always loved the painted cover images of the EaW games. However when I looked at the rebel troopers in the front of that painting I realized that they had some kind of strange blaster: It looks like an MP5 without magazine and stock!
Anyway the troops in the game are using the famous DH-17 blaster....
Does anyone know what kind of blaster it is? I couldn't find anything like that.

Thanks

Tom
RT.png

that´s no "common" or known blaster, neither from the OT/ PT nor thethe EU.

Looks like the artist simply used a H&K MP5 (like you already guessed) for reference to create a new -somewhat unique- blaster. That´s it...

Markus

They also have keyboards on their sleeves so they can play the Star Wars theme at any given moment.

It's a pity that they used such a well known design like the MP5 and don't even modify it...(well taking out the mag does not count!). Anyway I really like the shoulder armor of the troopers and the helmet variation. Thought about building something like this.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back