Star wars Movie prop

smorena

Hello guys

About 15 years ago my grandfather gave me a blaster and told me it was from one of the movies. Im trying to get some info about it, like what movie its from and what kind of blaster it is. any info would be great thank you. :confused

It's a DL-21. Used by the Rebel hoth troopers as sidearms and other folks as well.

Is it a cast or is it metal?

Thanks guys its made of metal the scope is missing my grandfather told me it was broken during filming. he worked on RTOJ and ESB so im pretty sure its authentic

Interesting but I am not sure if this was really used in jedi. Anyone have any screen grabs from the movie?

metal? if it was the hero, or firing maybe.........too many of these floating around to be sure.

Definitely in ESB. Might've been with someone on the sail barge but the popular blaster there was the DL-18. Either way, it's pretty cool.

It's not quite the DL-21. It's really close and it obviously based off it, but the details are different. The barrel shroud has been cut down, the barrel itself is wonky, and the grip looks different (and much nicer) than the DL-21's.

Honestly I like this version better.

I would love to have this blaster...it looks so natural and comfortable, it would be a great "gunslinging" type of weapon.

Regardless of it's 'accuracy', I don't doubt it's authenticity. Think about how many Rebel soldier extras there are in ROTJ, not to mention ESB. I would be willing to bet this gun was worn by one of them - or even if not, present on the set as a backup or something. Stranger things have happened.

Guys

I was home examining the BLASTER and this is what i found. The barrel is a thick metal like its from a real gun, there is even a place where the bolt went. the trigger. trigger guard and piece that connects to the barrel is made of a plastic or resin. The muzzle/ flash suppressant is made of metal.

this sound familiar to anyone ??????

Nice piece.

The grip is from a sterling which is what the stormtrooper blasters were made from:

Sterling

I dont see why this couldnt be authentic and a background piece.

Have you any other info on what your grandad did on the films?

THANKS for sharing , any infos what your grandpa has done for the film would be really interesting.

* the grip is from a sterling

* the 6-hole-part on first pic seems to be a "slice" of a Molex-connector which was used at the ESB-Boba-Fett-Blaster:

blaster1.jpg

noooo that looks like a mauser, Solo/Skywlker's blasters with major differences. A sterling or rebel trooper scope and something weird going on with t
weapons-locker-han-solos-blaster-20081001031654339-000.jpg
he barrel

Nooo. That's not a mauser. I've haven't seen one with the mag well stepped in the front like that and with the oval shapes in the side of the receiver. Plus, it has the same greeblie on the side and the big nozzle front. Although the one I posted above looks more like a water hose nozzle.

mauser.jpg

The guy above is holding a variation of one of these Hoth blasters which is a deactivated Charter Arms AR-7 Explorer .22LR semi-auto rifle:

Hoth-Rebel-Trooper-DL-21-Blaster-Pistol.jpg

Hoth-Rebel-Trooper-DL-21-Blaster-Pistol.jpg

Actually, the more I look at it, the more it looks like the OT's pistol has had the mortar fins cut off...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back