Star wars Movie prop

Could it be one of these?

15534_195469720666_671305666_3513008_4546236_n.jpg

Nooo. That's not a mauser. I've haven't seen one with the mag well stepped in the front like that and with the oval shapes in the side of the receiver. Plus, it has the same greeblie on the side and the big nozzle front. Although the one I posted above looks more like a water hose nozzle.

The guy above is holding a variation of one of these Hoth blasters which is a deactivated Charter Arms AR-7 Explorer .22LR semi-auto rifle:

Hoth-Rebel-Trooper-DL-21-Blaster-Pistol.jpg

Hoth-Rebel-Trooper-DL-21-Blaster-Pistol.jpg

Actually, the more I look at it, the more it looks like the OT's pistol has had the mortar fins cut off...

That is a cut down AR-7 barrel where it's been cut off just behind the front sight. The barrels of the old AR-7 and Explorer II guns were a steel liner in an aluminum shroud. If it's cut down incorrectly the liner and the shroud separate. In the old production guns the liner was just epoxied in, and the epoxy didn't always run the full length of the shroud or liner. The new rifles are a plastic shroud with a steel liner and if you cut them down they separate from the liner as well. Look at the barrel nut that tightens the barrel to the receiver. It is the standard nut and the mortar fins have not been attached. If it had been attached there would be almost no clearance between the nut and the barrel, and in the pic you can see a little bit of room between them which you would see on the real gun. FYI the Explorer II was available with barrel lengths of 4 inches up to 12 inches. If I am remembering correctly they went 4 inches, 6 inches, 8 inches, 10 inches then 12 inches. And the pistol barrel could not be used on a rifle receiver without modification to either the barrel or the receiver.

The AR-7 style blasters created for ROJ were built from MGC replica firearms in the same way that the Stormtrooper and Endor Trooper blasters were for that film. Design wise, they are a copy of the cast fiberglass versions seen in ESB.

No real AR-7 firearms were used in ROJ.

Brandon

Were those guns ever seen with a straight/rectangular section in front of the trigger guard instead of trapezoid/slanted? That black and white, even at the angle he's holding it, it's straight, in the same plane as the front of the sight and muzzle.

It looks like the exact same prop except for that block, different version?

The AR-7 style blasters created for ROJ were built from MGC replica firearms in the same way that the Stormtrooper and Endor Trooper blasters were for that film. Design wise, they are a copy of the cast fiberglass versions seen in ESB.

No real AR-7 firearms were used in ROJ.

Brandon

Oh what do you know Mr. Smarty Pants?

Yep, these pistols resemble Ponda Baba's pistol from ANH and many hoth blasters. The meat of the gun is from some rifle..I've forgotten,

The rifle is an AR7, back then it would been a Charter Arms or possibly and earlier manufacturer.

David.

They look to be EXACTLY the same piece. Compare the weathering on the Archive Database pistol and the one in this thread - it's exactly the same.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back