Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Remake

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm surprised no one mentioned they are doing a KOTOR remake. The word "remake" makes me nervous because it sounds like it's not a remaster, but like they are doing a totally new version. That would probably just tick people off. I'd be okay with a graphics update though. There's really no reason to change anything in the first game though. The only good thing, as pointed out by my nephew, is that KOTOR would be canon now and might lead to them fixing KOTOR 2 in a remake/remaster, and then if sales are good KOTOR 3.

If by "making it canon" means it all has to be re-made and retro-fitted to tie into Disney's trifling, I'd rather just stick to my PC mods of the original, thanks.

Also, there is no fixing KotOR 2. Not without restructuring its entire narrative and gameplay (streamlining its story; re-writing the female options so it's not so empty; make it not so precious with its own themes that it supersedes its own basic gameplay mechanics). It's at the point now that to change any of it would also mean that people would hate it, even if the changes made it better. They're a fundamental part of KotOR 2's identity now.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I trust an EA remake, even though Fallen Order was great I still don't trust EA. I think I'd rather have a remaster keeping all the original material but maybe including some cut content.

Problem with EA is their first motive won't be to make a good game, it'll be, how to best incorporate micro-transactions.

I'd like to think they learned the lesson with Fallen Order, that it did very well without that crap, but it's EA. I don't trust them farther than i can throw them.

Ask anyone who plans games to name 5 adjectives to describe something from EA and good, quality products, trustyworthy, honest won't make anyone's list.

I would love to see KOTOR with updated graphics even if it remained as legends. Sometimes canon vs. non canon doesn't make a huge difference to me, it's all fiction. I guess it depends on what it is. Not so interested in new sequels to KOTOR as little faith that they'd be done well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back