STAR WARS Identities Exhibition

While I'm at it .. if you guys have any request, please let me know.

I plan on taking TONS of pics of the Studio Scale stuff, with the helmets and any other OT stuff!!

Ooohhh.... don't like that setup at all. I was actually planning to make a trip up, but seeing as you can't easily take shots of the back of the character... maybe not.

Art,
Most of the glasses are 360 degrees anyway .. the Studio Scale glass box is gonna be the biggest challenge to take pictures of!!!

I've already got my tickets for when the show comes to Edmonton. I'm super pumped and plan on taking lots of photos. I just wish it was coming sooner then October.

Will be here in Montreal till September then go to Edmonton, Canada and then go for a Oversea tour.

WOW!!! the big ESB Star Destroyer

Seriously?! As in the 8-ft Star Destroyer from ESB... this must be the first time in a LONG TIME that the 8-footer has appeared at a Star Wars exhibition?!
Now if only it were in a 360-degree case, all of it's own... might just justify a Trans-Atlantic trip to see it! :eek
... and I s'pose it's about time that I ticked Canada off my global countries to-do list! Might be a good vacation destination over the Summer... :unsure

Clearly ESB MKII helmet!

Identites-03.jpg

Yep, that's deffo an ESB Mk. II / ROTJ Background helmet (although it appears to have flat eye-lenses instead of proper bubbled lenses...)
To be honest, this isn't THAT big a draw for me...

.... since I got one just like it, in my Prop Room! LOL :cool
ah well... would be great to see a proper ANH Stormtrooper helmet at an exhibit, cos the folks at LFL are usually really lazy and just toss out a 1990's Tour Suit helmet :unsure

Thanks for the info and pics everybody! If the 'overseas tour' doesn't include the U.K. , then CANADA, HERE I COME!!

Cheers,
John
johnATmanicminerDOTplusDOTcom

EV-9D9 too!
I'd like to see some details from both droids. I'd really like to see the greeblies on top of EV-9D9's head but it looks like that would be quite a reach.

now your just messing with me. I love both and would pay for good images of both for the details . They are really the only SW characters I want 1:1 in my collection ( oh and max rebo band) . Something about having them inhabiting one side of my workshop and it all be decked out like in SW..A man can dream.

-James ( or hugo)

Seriously?! As in the 8-ft Star Destroyer from ESB... this must be the first time in a LONG TIME that the 8-footer has appeared at a Star Wars exhibition?!
Now if only it were in a 360-degree case, all of it's own... might just justify a Trans-Atlantic trip to see it!

This is how it was displayed in the late 90's/early 2000's when Magic of Myth hit San Diego.

MoM's premier exhibit at the Smithsonian had the model up against a wall (dip****s), but when MoM made it to SD, it was in a separate case, out in the middle of the floor.

I wish they would bring out the Chewie suit from MoM again. That one had the ANH bandolier with the concho on it. The one at WSMI is the ESB/ROTJ one with no concho, and the one at SWiC is a really bad fake.

I would kill to get a nice detailed close-up of that concho.

Please get shots of 8d8 Death star droid and ev 9d9 pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

I think it was japan the last time these droid were on show (8d8 9d9) a long time ago.

the more shots front back and side of these you can get the better droid heads i'll make :)

i wonder if cz-3 is there?

-z

Last edited:
If the Turbo Laser model is there , can someone take a bazillion pix for me Please?

Jedi, I can tell you it's not there .. or it's really hidden well cause I didn't see it.

EV-9D9 too!
I'd like to see some details from both droids. I'd really like to see the greeblies on top of EV-9D9's head but it looks like that would be quite a reach.

Lone, I'll take tons of pics of 9D9 and 8D8 since I have both from Zorg at home .. And I'm 6'3" so it might just be possible to get thos pics! ;)

now your just messing with me. I love both and would pay for good images of both for the details . They are really the only SW characters I want 1:1 in my collection ( oh and max rebo band) . Something about having them inhabiting one side of my workshop and it all be decked out like in SW..A man can dream.

I'll get my PP to you if you feel like they're worth it! :D

Please get shots of 8d8 Death star droid and ev 9d9 pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

I think it was japan the last time these droid were on show (8d8 9d9) a long time ago.

the more shots front back and side of these you can get the better droid heads i'll make :)

i wonder if cz-3 is there?

-z

Zorg, I was quite shocked at how close your sculpts were to the real deal. CZ-3 is not there, but I'll have tons of pics of these 2.

Guys,
I'll have all those pics posted saturday night or sunday morning!!! Probably about 1000 of them! :D

Gino,
From what I remember:

3 stormtrooper helmets (anh/esb/rotj)
1 stormtrooper rotj
1 vader rotj (fake/tour?)
8D8
9D9
Yoda
Chewie
3PO

I'll get the rest tomorrow night!

Thanks Bigturc!
Hope to see some good shots of them all soon.
I'd have thought there'd be countless galleries posted up by now. :)

Well, the VIP events was tuesday, but it really only opened last night .. so hopefully, I'll be able to help!

Hang on for a few more hours .. and I'll spam you guys with more than you need! (Ok, this is actually impossible in the case of the RPF).

Sure, I'll get plenty .. but there's (unfortunately) the no flash policy again .. I really regret not having my cam at the vip/media opening events cause at that one, they allowed flashes so that media could take better pics!!!

That Vader was in quite a dark spot! But I'll bring my low light lens so it might be possible to get some good shots!

I think it's a fake anyway! :D

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back