Star Wars Identities 2021 Singapore Exhibition

janglesworthy

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys, looks like star wars identities will be in Singapore for the next 6 months. Anyone out there in Singapore plan on going? If so don't forget your iphone 12 with lidar scanner. This will be the first star wars exhibition that people may be able to walk away with more than pictures.

If you could walk away with a low quality scan of any prop/costume in exhibition what would it be?

For me Vader Reveal mask,the ESB Falcon and the other modelships like the vader advanced tie.
And perhaps the X-Wing helmets. But the I-phone Scanner is not really accurate.;)

A lot of them will be distanced behind barriers, but I’m always down for more Luke Hero (saber) shots :p

For me Vader Reveal mask,the ESB Falcon and the other modelships like the vader advanced tie.
And perhaps the X-Wing helmets. But the I-phone Scanner is not really accurate.;)
It's low quality but all scans are just reference anyways. It's much better to have that low quality lidar scan data with photo's. It's great data for curvature and measurements etc.

If you go in, get really nice orthographic pics plus a low quality scan, give that to someone who knows how to model and you'll get a really accurate model. Now if you go with a buddy who has a flat light you can get enough pics to create a photogrammetry scan of certain things and then take that into realitycapture and combine your lidar and photogrammetry scan data to create an even cleaner scan.

This video gives you a good idea of iphone 12 lidar scans under the best conditions
iphone 12 lidar scan

For me Ezra Bridger’s lightsaber-blaster. If you can make good measurements of the key dimensions, that will be awesome

just make sure to have fun, I went to the London version and spent too much time taking photos...

I had to go back round again to really look at the exhibition, luckily there were only three people there, and I was one!

If someone's going with a good camera before it closes, I know a lot of people* would be thrilled to get some really high-rez shots of their R2-D2. It's an original ANH droid, missing one of its neck rings.

I took a few photos of it in London, but really wish I'd got more shots square-on, of every side and from different angles, at high resolution. Also the droid's right side (its point of view), back, and underside are tricky to photograph given the display cabinet they used, but those would be awesome also.

Thanks!

* hint: I would be one of those people. :)

Incidentally, why is the “Identities” droid interesting? Well, it has a number of differences compared to the other droids built for ANH.

Some of the details differ - it uses different Michell turntable parts. It has a bunch of ILM-installed details on the underside of its (round) skirt. It seems to have been repainted many times and appears to have a layer of mint green paint underneath, probably for a droid seen in one of the deleted Mos Eisley scenes.

Its dome appears to be the one used for the Princess Leia data upload closeup at the beginning of the film, which has a woman’s hand - probably not Carrie Fisher. In fact it was used for a number of pickup shots filmed in California after principal photography was complete in England.

And the poor thing is beaten up to all hell and back. It’s a scruffy dented droid!

I took a few nkg. They were from the Sydney exhibit and can be found here.

This R2 is extremely interesting!
It also has a middle leg, dome from the ANH trench run with door for mechanical grasper, restraining bolt, ANH ankles, round skirt, and extended booster covers.

My theory is that this dome was the one used for the Jawa desert stun scene where he falls over. Hence the damage to the dome and the HP cone which is now, kind of repaired.

It was also the dome that had the panels and HP blackened for filming against blue screen for the space scenes in ANH.

Evidence of the prussian marking blue is also visible on the panels.

To me this is probably one of the best examples of an ANH R2's despite its appearance today.
The best probably being the Kenny operated unit at the Smithsonian. - edit: Smithsonian R2 was built for Empire SB. thanks nkg!

I really enjoyed the exhibit. It was just a real shame the big Falcon was missing.

And I am now regretting not taking more pics of all the models. Facepalm!

Last edited:
Awesome pictures! Thank you for sharing.

Are there any other albums of pictures from the exhibit you’d be willing to share?

teecrooz, I have another 550 pics that I will try to upload this evening when I get home. Some costume and robot pics in there.

iphone 12 Lidar scanning is very interesting! I had no idea they had released this. What a game changer.

I for one, would love to see some more pics of the models spaceships.

But do I realise this is a costume and prop thread and not the modelling section ;)

janglesworthy
Thanks for sharing.

Per my interest with the Hero, yeah someone would need a very high quality zoom and low-light feature to capture any new information on Luke’s saber

teecrooz, I have another 550 pics that I will try to upload this evening when I get home. Some costume and robot pics in there.

iphone 12 Lidar scanning is very interesting! I had no idea they had released this. What a game changer.

I for one, would love to see some more pics of the models spaceships.

But do I realise this is a costume and prop thread and not the modelling section ;)
Thanks for posting this. Any lightsaber pics would be appreciated.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back