Limited Run Star Wars Hydrospanner

I poured the first half of the mold today. It's looking pretty good. I should be pouring the second half tomorrow (maybe Saturday). After that I'll determine the volume of resin needed, and I'll be able to come up with the price!! So, stay tuned!!!

The mold is complete!! I will be pouring my test cast tonight to make sure everything is alright. I measured the volume of resin needed so once I'm confident the mold produces a good cast I'll update this thread with pricing. We're getting close!!!

I did a bunch of castings this weekend to test out the molds and my process. It's not perfect, but they're pretty good. There are some air bubbles that will need to be filled and general clean up before painting, but nothing too horrible. Here's a picture...

Hydrospanner mold test.jpg

I have started painting three prototypes so I can show what it will look like with a little work. I plan to post those picture and the details of the run before next week. So, hopefully, we'll start the official sign up next week.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back