Interest Death Star Tile

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi folks,

So, I recently got permission to cast and sell copies of this death star tile I own.

Backstory - this did come from someone who worked on the prequels in the shops, and was gifted to him. We don't know beyond that, so I have no provenance and can only say this was probably a cast from an original mold. The original I have is resin lightly dusted in light gray primer. It had hot glue on the back, which I've removed.

It is meant for long-distance shots. It's only about 4 inches on a side, and looks to be hand sculpted to mimic the arc-design of the detailed large tiles.

Anyway, I successfully made a mold and have pulls with zero bubbles that I made (maybe a few micro ones i missed) but it has the exact same rough texture of my original piece. I'll be putting them in my Etsy store anyway, I just wanted to see what the interest was on the RPF.

I have a cast curing at the moment, here is a sneak peak at the mold
Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 3.49.44 PM.png

I'll upload shots of the casts asap.
IMG_1050.jpeg
IMG_1049.jpeg
IMG_1048.jpeg
IMG_1047.jpeg
IMG_1046.jpeg
IMG_1045.jpeg

I don't plan on selling these for very much. This is not that kind of collectible. as an FYI

Last edited:
Also, would like opinions on bare resin or dusted with paint, on a whim i found a can of gunmetal TS in my cabinets and that, turns out, is the wrong color lol. I think Zynacote light gray primer was what the shop used for the Tie and X wings

Pics added to the first post. I captured every ugly detail!

This resin I have is like water, there is one area that I usually have to stretch the mold to release a bubble midway through pouring.. not with this

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back