Limited Run Star Wars Han Solo Episode VII Leather Jacket

I believe I got a large, same for the shirt. You can double check with Danny. In general its a nice leather jacket. I made some faux greeblies to put in the slots as well. I don't have my chest measurements with me. I can check at home. The only thing I noticed was there was room in the upper bicept, Im about average but you have some guns, you can fill out the upper arm nicely.

Thanks man! It looks great! I've been wanting a nice Han jacket. Might need to put this on my Christmas list.

I got the jacket and shirt from Danny. It is fantastic! Better than I had even hoped! Well worth it. Great job, and thanks, Danny!

About the comment above. Wakal. 16 years of free forums? Why not just pay up for a month to sell? It's like 4 dollars. You should have handle this through PM. See if Danny will make it right.

I used to run the RPF, years ago; I more than paid my dues in dealing with asshats and trolls. Turned in my Admin card years ago.

I have been "talking" to Danny through PM for the last week and a half. He REFUSES to issue a refund. He seems to have trouble with plain English, such as the phrase "I would like a refund" .

He also had a problem with follow-up phrases in later PM after he blew off my polite request for a refund such as "This jacket is a poorly constructed piece of **** made of junk leather and cotton cheesecloth, and I feel you ripped me off to the tune of $280 out of the $380 you charged me".

If anyone wants a cheap-ass jacket poorly made in Mexico out of low-grade leather several steps below quality vinyl, with incorrect details, magnets (in name only), and generally not worth the dynamite it would take to blow it back across the border, please let me know.

And understand that once Danny has your money, his motto is "screw you, I got paid."

I used to run the RPF, years ago; I more than paid my dues in dealing with asshats and trolls. Turned in my Admin card years ago.

I have been "talking" to Danny through PM for the last week and a half. He REFUSES to issue a refund. He seems to have trouble with plain English, such as the phrase "I would like a refund" .

He also had a problem with follow-up phrases in later PM after he blew off my polite request for a refund such as "This jacket is a poorly constructed piece of **** made of junk leather and cotton cheesecloth, and I feel you ripped me off to the tune of $280 out of the $380 you charged me".

If anyone wants a cheap-ass jacket poorly made in Mexico out of low-grade leather several steps below quality vinyl, with incorrect details, magnets (in name only), and generally not worth the dynamite it would take to blow it back across the border, please let me know.

And understand that once Danny has your money, his motto is "screw you, I got paid."
To anyone interested in knowing a bit more of our messages I show here a couple, I tried to be as courteous and as helpful as I could, never discarded a refund and offered alternative solutions only asking for pics to see the issues to which I got responses that were rude, offensive and maybe even racist.

If anyone else wants referrals of my jackets feel free to check people's kind responses and detailed reviews right here in the thread and forum.

686ce126db8c318faf1db3930f0b273e.png

7d5142e9c74f53b359b351f6820d7810.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-17-02-30-44.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-17-02-30-44.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 103
Danny is skipping a lot of the PM...starting with me asking for a refund (less shipping, less return shipping) and him offering a twenty percent discount on "future purchase." Followed by me asking for a refund (less shipping both ways) and him offering a hundred dollars and a discount. Then (the very late in the game post he cherry picked, above) offering a hundred bucks. Then walking that back when I said "since that is the best I can get out of you, OK, send the hundred bucks now" and instead offering fifty dollars and a discount. Then just ignoring that too.

Bottom line: When Danny gets called out for making junk, he refuses to take his junk back.

Buyer beware.

If you are on the fence in dealing with this man, keep your money in your pocket and find somewhere else to spend your money.

Or else you will end up with a Mexican-sourced flea-market reject jacket, a vendor who doesn't stand behind his product, and a game of "oh, I'm a martyr because I don't understand written English."

Back in the day, a vendor refusing to take product back and playing the "oh, I am out of town" game (with me, as well as with other annoyed customers in this very thread) was grounds for a ban. I suspect these days, money talks and nothing will be done.

Buyer beware.

Last edited:
I'm just going to chime in here... I will only make this one post, so take what you want out of it, but I'm not getting into an internet argument over a jacket...

I now own 3 items from Danny, and while difficult to communicate with sometimes due to long absences from the RPF, Danny has always been a pleasure to communicate with. When I got my Owen Grady vest from him early this year, I was nervous, opening the package, I did not know what I would find. Upon opening it, and putting it on, I was absolutely stunned, the quality far exceeded the price I paid. I was blown away by how perfect it was, and to this day I have yet to see an Owen Grady vest done better. With how amazing this vest was, I was 100% on board for the Solo jacket.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago.I get home to find a package from Mexico on my doorstep... Only one thing it could be, the jacket! None of the nervousness about quality this time around, I tore into the package and pulled the jacket out. I was so excited for another Danny item I didn't even go over the details, the jacket went straight on, and I went straight to the mirror. Upon seeing myself in the mirror I had a moment of disappointment. I instantly saw some flaws in the jacket... The cut was a little off... the fit wasn't quite right for my body... But after putting on some pants, and tucking in my shirt, the fit instantly looked a little better, and the cut wasn't so bad... You see, after the near perfectness of the Owen Grady vest, I had set my bar impossibly high for Danny's items. There are a number of makers of this jacket, and I went with Danny because I know he does great work, and often exceeds the quality level for the price you pay. For this particular jacket, Danny delivered a quality item, it just didn't exceed the quality I'd expect for the price in my opinion this jacket is exactly the quality I'd expect for the price paid. When I look at other jacket makers, no one has gotten this jacket replicated perfectly, and frankly Danny's still seems to be the closest match to the movie. When I look at all those factors, I find myself satisfied with my purchase of this jacket, and don't regret it one bit. If you're looking for a Han jacket, you can't go wrong with Danny's jacket.

While I can understand Wakal's frustration, he's way off the mark, any issues I have with the jacket are more fit and cut related, and honestly to fix those properly you need a custom fitted jacket.

To address some of Wakal's comments:
1) Yes, Danny's communication is not the greatest. He tends to take a while to reply and update people on the product's progress. He's not alone in this regard, I've experienced this from many other sellers here, it's part of the downside to ordering from people who make things as a hobby. I don't expect Nordstrom level service from anyone here. It can be frustrating, but it is what it is.

2)Magnets: Yes the magnets are weak, they really should have been rare earth magnets, not fridge magnets. But that would have increased the price, and lets face it, Han never closes the jacket anyways, so while it'd be nice for the jacket to close for everyday use, you bought a replica jacket, and it fulfills any requirement for replicating what the movie jacket does.

3) The leather is definitely a little different, but far exceeds vinyl. The leather, while unusual, creates the color change effect we see in the movie, I actually find it quite cool how the jacket changes color depending on the lighting... just like the movie jacket. If I want a high quality leather, I'll go and blow $1000 on a designer jacket, however, that being said the quality of leather on this jacket is more than adequate.

4) Liner: again, you bought a movie replica jacket, I didn't find the lining to be amazing myself, but it more than adequately meets the my needs.

5) Being an admin doesn't mean you "ran" a website... Having been an admin I'd expect much more professional conduct from you... To be frank, you sound like a spoiled child, and the "admin" card just reinforces that. And for someone who should know the rules, some of your comments have been borderline price bashing... an act I'm sure you know is not allowed here.

6) I see Danny posting screenshots of the conversation, but you seem reluctant. You can whine all you want, but until you post proof of both the "bad communication" and the "poor quality jacket" you're just blowing steamy goods out your backside. Post proof or GTFO!

TLDR:

-Danny's jacket is good, not perfect, but totally acceptable for the money. If you're looking for a Han Solo jacket, this should be the top of your list.
-Wakal is a shebs-head

And now for something completely different...

I am in the process of making my own TFA shirt. Can anyone who has already received this jacket - mine has yet to arrive - tell me how high the collar is? Trying to judge how high the shirt collar should be - it's a little taller than the jacket collar. Right now I'm sort of guessing the jacket collar is 2".

Many thanks!

RRR

Danny? I PMd you about where to send the money but no response...
Not sure if you're not seeing it?

Just heard from Danny... He's on his honeymoon. I had no idea. Apologies to him. Here I thought he was just ignoring me. Turns out he had a great reason.

Cheers
Steve

Well, this thread has been pretty quiet, so I thought I'd toss up a picture of my jacket. Sorry about the bathroom selfie, but this is my finished TFA Solo costume.

soloselfie.jpg

As you can see, Danny's jacket, while not absolutely 100% screen accurate, is very close, and instantly recognizable for what it is. It is THE central feature of Han's TFA costume, and this is a good version. As has been noted elsewhere, the "cotton" lining was not worth the extra money - it's a knit, not woven, and more like T-shirt material than anything. It stretches, and tends to push out beyond the end of the leather sleeves because it sticks to your shirt sleeve as you put on the jacket.

Overall, I am pleased, and it is clearly the most accurate jacket in its price range. The Film Jackets ones may cost half as much, but they are less than half as accurate.

RRR

PS - I know people will ask, so: shirt hand made from scratch, left side of the holster with no droid caller and the small pouch made by me, jacket pocket tools embarrassingly made by me from wooden dowel in about 3 minutes, pants off the rack altered by me (including front pin tucks and, yes, there's a riding breeches seam in back), very nice close enough belt found on Amazon, and 3D printed holster belt tools from an etsy vendor (CO2 cylinder courtesy RPF's own Tom Spina).

Hey guys!

Finally done with the honeymoon and installed internet, I'm glad everyone's getting their jackets and loving them, thank you so much for your honest reviews, I'm so glad you're satisfied with your jacket since this, as everyone can see, was definitely a challenge. Run is still open if anyone needs one for a con or if anyone wants to go dressed as Han Solo for Rogue One let me know! Now we're getting jackets shipped faster, in fact I was able to get mluder's jacket in production and I'm shipping it today.

Thank you guys!
Danny

Was there a reasonably-priced option for greeblies for these somewhere?

Also, will my jacket be shipped anytime soon? I see jackets on the second run that are shipping, but mine, from the first run, still has not shipped?

I received my replacement jacket today. It looks great!
The problems with the first one (as I posted several pages back) were corrected and I'll enjoy wearing it around. :thumbsup

I received my jacket today, too. (Finally!) The general appearance is good, at a glance. I haven't had time to go over it in detail just yet, to compare to reference pics.

The leather seems a little less than I would have expected. Visually I won't deny that it seems a decent match, but it doesn't really FEEL like good quality leather should. It feels thin and cheap, almost fabric-y. And the lining, while soft and comfortable, definitely is made of a stretchy t-shirt jersey material that catches your sleeves as you try to put on the jacket. I hope it doesn't stretch out over time! The magnets are pretty much as useless as others have reported. I got an XL, same size I bought for the Poe/Finn jacket, but this seems smaller... I don't know that I'll be able to close this one in front, when I was able to close Danny's Poe/Finn jacket no problem. It's still usable for wearing as a costume piece, but I don't see myself wearing this a lot as an "around town" jacket, which I had hoped to do.

All in all, while I'm not horribly disappointed, I have to say I'm a little disappointed that I spent as much as I did on a jacket that will be seeing limited use, since I had hoped I could wear it often.

The jacket is not as shiny as it appears in these first photos. Just an on-camera side effect of the bank of overhead lights that's directly over the floor where these were taken. In person, the mirror photo at the end is a better representation of how it looks.

20161026154317-811058d0-me.jpg

20161026154322-155b697f-me.jpg

20161026154326-39418230-me.jpg

20161026154331-2054e065-me.jpg

20161026154335-f1105f09-me.jpg

Anybody heard from Danny recently? I've been trying to get a hold of him for over a week now to get a status update on my jacket. It supposedly shipped but I didn't get any tracking info.

Anyone have an estimate of shipping times to the US based on when their's shipped and arrived at your door?

Thanks
Steve

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back