Limited Run Star Wars Han Solo Episode VII Leather Jacket

Apologies to Danny. He was in communication right after I posted and guess what? My jacket showed up today!

It's absolutely perficet!. Fits and finish is exactly what I hoped for. One complaint (and it's not eve a real complaint - more of an observation) the magnets are pretty useless. That said I can't imagine wearing it closed anyway. But I can imagine wearing this jacket a lot!

Thanks, Danny, for making such a great replica at a great price.

Cheers
Steve

Hi @dannylopuz,

I sent you a PM on this, but will post here as well so I can hopefully grab you for a minute when you pop onto the forum.

Hope all is well on your end. It's the half way point of my deadline for the Jacket, so this will be a bit of an official check-in to see how we're doing heading into the start of week 5. Can't tell you how excited I am. Do you also have an email we can correspond from outside the RPF you can gibve me? I dont mind messaging here, but it would also be nice to have.

Thanks for the update in advanceyou , and please enjoy the unboxing video I did for my DL 44 thats going with this costume below on my Youtube channel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8uchcr2mD0&t=209s

Hi @dannylopuz,

I sent you a PM on this, but will post here as well so I can hopefully grab you for a minute when you pop onto the forum.

Hope all is well on your end. It's the half way point of my deadline for the Jacket, so this will be a bit of an official check-in to see how we're doing heading into the start of week 5. Can't tell you how excited I am. Do you also have an email we can correspond from outside the RPF you can gibve me? I dont mind messaging here, but it would also be nice to have.

Thanks for the update in advanceyou , and please enjoy the unboxing video I did for my DL 44 thats going with this costume below on my Youtube channel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8uchcr2mD0&t=209s

Bumping this up.

Hi dannylopuz

It's been just about over a week since our last correspondence, so I'm hoping all is well. You said my Jacket should be shipping out Monday of this week. I haven't heard anything. How are we doing?

My timeline is now getting close, as I will need this Jacket within two weeks to make my first appearance (as we discussed when I ordered) the following week, and I will need at least a few days for any emergency tailoring that might need to be addressed (while I doubt it) so any real info would be appreciated. I'm aware this is custom, and you have a great reputation, so please don't take i as anything but being on top of things in order to make my timetables.

Thanks and I remain very excited to see the finished result.

Travis

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @dannylopuz

It's been just about over a week since our last correspondence, so I'm hoping all is well. You said my Jacket should be shipping out Monday of this week. I haven't heard anything. How are we doing?

My timeline is now getting close, as I will need this Jacket within two weeks to make my first appearance (as we discussed when I ordered) the following week, and I will need at least a few days for any emergency tailoring that might need to be addressed (while I doubt it) so any real info would be appreciated. I'm aware this is custom, and you have a great reputation, so please don't take i as anything but being on top of things in order to make my timetables.

Travis

Bump. Update would be appreciated dannylopuz

Hi dannylopuz

It's been another, nearly now week since our last correspondence on Feb 10, so I'm hoping all is well and you are on track delivering my Jacket. You said itwould be shipping out Tuesday of this week, after it went passed the previous Monday shipping notice (when you had originally planned to ship it out). I haven't heard anything from you. How are we doing?

My timeline is now getting extremely close, as I will need this Jacket within tthe next week in order to make my first appearance (as we discussed when I ordered) the following week, and I will need at least a few days for any emergency tailoring that might need to be addressed (while I doubt it) so any real info would be appreciated. I'm aware this is custom, and you have a great reputation, so please don't take I as anything but being on top of things in order to make my timetables.

Please provide a tracking number and method of shipment you used.

Travis

@dannylopuz and the entire RPF compliment reading this post...

I just received my TFA Han Solo Jacket from this project run. Let me begin by saying this is going to be a short post with a major follow up later.

Words cannot describe the sheer perfection of this garment. From a professional standpoint, to one of screen accuracy to the film. It's perfect. It fits perfectly and accurately and the quality is above anything I was expecting. Danny was a man of his word throughout, with me having a very tight deadline. While there was only one small delay due to a personal out of town need on his end by about a week, he kept me in the loop and the project on-target. He answered every one of my inquiries when he said he would during the construction phase, and the package was delivered exactly on time.

Anyone thinking twice about ordering this from Danny...don't hesitate. Worth every single penny and extension of professional trust.

More on this later with pics and an unboxing video.

Travis

@dannylopuz and the entire RPF compliment reading this post...

I just received my TFA Han Solo Jacket from this project run. Let me begin by saying this is going to be a short post with a major follow up later.

Words cannot describe the sheer perfection of this garment. From a professional standpoint, to one of screen accuracy to the film. It's perfect. It fits perfectly and accurately and the quality is above anything I was expecting. Danny was a man of his word throughout, with me having a very tight deadline. While there was only one small delay due to a personal out of town need on his end by about a week, he kept me in the loop and the project on-target. He answered every one of my inquiries when he said he would during the construction phase, and the package was delivered exactly on time.

Anyone thinking twice about ordering this from Danny...don't hesitate. Worth every single penny and extension of professional trust.

More on this later with pics and an unboxing video.

Travis

Thank you so much! Looking forward to see some pics!

Danny

Hey gang. I have a full procedural build progress thread started on the Star Wars Costumes board, but thought I would include the jacket segments I'm doing here as well for anyone interested in this amazing Jacket from @dannylopuz. Here is the distressing work currently udnder way...

left side.jpg

Hey gang. I have a full procedural build progress thread started on the Star Wars Costumes board, but thought I would include the jacket segments I'm doing here as well for anyone interested in this amazing Jacket from @dannylopuz. Here is the distressing work currently udnder way...

Nice job! What are you doing to the jacket to obtain that weathered effect?

Nice job! What are you doing to the jacket to obtain that weathered effect?
Thanks kindly! It's a really simp[lae straight forward800 grit fine sandspaper and Otter Wax. It's all this Jacket needs, and I will be posting the finished result soon. Then onto the boots, which will be a little tougher,

Update from my Han Solo Procedural post on the Star Wars Costuming thread...

ENTRY #5 - WIP Screen Accurate custom wig construction continues and my first camera test of the complete outfit.
#StarWarsCelebrationCountdown

Video coming soon which will include the full distressing tutorial of the jacket (sleeves, collar & my left shoulder are pre-distressed here-hard to see in the lighting from these screens-Only the front panels are completely distressed).

(WIP) Custom Wig by Hero Hair​: Cosplay Wigs for the serious Adventurer

Jacket- Replica Prop Forum (web) member @dannylopuz ( Distressing 35% complete)
Shirt (Pre-distressed), Pants, Pants-Belt & Boots by @Indy Magnoli
Gun Belt/rig by- MP Filmcraft​
DL44 Blaster by Geekling Creations​
Gunbelt-Power Cells and CO2 cartridge by- Solo's Hold​

3Tv8A7r.jpg

8CC9kTu.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back