Star Wars Halloween House

Leeway

Every year my Maui neighborhood goes all out on Halloween. Many of the neighbors have themed haunted houses and mine has always been Star Wars themed. I had a few costumes on mannequins and some toys laid out. This year I decided to take it a step further and make it more "in universe" feel. A display that I thought felt more like a Dok Ondar's Express.
I started by painting the inside of my garage to make it look like it had a sandstone feel like you see on most of the outer rim architecture.
tempImagepM62f7.jpg

I'm not really a prop maker like the talented people on this board but I did make a few modifications to some Rubies items. The rest of what's on display are items from Galaxy's Edge, Sideshow, Anovos and Denuo Novo. The carbonite Solo is a quick and dirty paste job on a board. Scattered amongst the Star Wars props were a few other Disney-owned easter eggs to give it a busy feel.
tempImagejwFL63.jpg
tempImage5vQtef.jpg
tempImage4vyRdA.jpg
tempImageRYzRO7.jpg
tempImageefPvKi.jpg
tempImagej7AJKj.jpg
tempImagethD3Mn.jpg
tempImageVAMfQ4.jpg
tempImageCdR40y.jpg
tempImageGQpHG3.jpg

The Jabba, TIE fighter and Ewok were painted on plywood.
tempImage7CJe3h.jpg
tempImageG962vU.jpg
tempImageAAkz7L.jpg

The TK helmets on pikes were face masks I painted and mounted on painted wooden poles.
tempImageWmQq8V.jpg

I placed rear projection screens playing scenes from the movies and shows on either side of the driveway to cover up the yard construction we had going on. There was also a projector on the front of the house playing a loop of hyperspace.
tempImageA4RxC5.jpg

I had ordered Mando armor from HDC Fabrication and the soft goods from the Darkside Closet but the ensemble wasn't ready in time for Halloween. I decided to go with an X-coser Beskar for me and Fennec Shand for my wife. Her's held up great (despite an inaccurate helmet) but on a warm Hawaiian night mine fell apart about halfway through the night. Our rifles were painted Nerf guns.
tempImageJ5iQ1e.jpg
tempImageo6pppg.jpg

I hope you enjoy. The kids and adults all had a great time. I'm already making plans for next year's display.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back