Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser - merchandise

I wonder if they’ll move the merchandise over to Galaxy’s Edge?
Or just over the edge..

But that's a good point, maybe they will and just maybe at some point also a retractable saber.
Although in the cold hard light of day its prolly like a wind sock.
I seem to remember some of the merch being cool?

The retractable saber is a one-trick pony by the looks of it and the patent papers. The actors in the skits would make a big show of extending it and then covertly switch it off for another saber within a few seconds. They weren't clashing & dueling with the same one they lit up.

The retractable saber is a one-trick pony by the looks of it and the patent papers. The actors in the skits would make a big show of extending it and then covertly switch it off for another saber within a few seconds. They weren't clashing & dueling with the same one they lit up.
But if the engineers that designed it could refine it a bit to make sturdy enough to use as a prop for costuming/cosplay, and priced it affordably, they'd sell them by the dozens. Imagine having a Jedi costume and being able to wear just a hilt, but when it comes to photo time, you can pull it off your belt and extend the blade. That would have a huge appeal to Jedi costumers as well as just fans in general, even if they aren't suitable for dueling.

But if the engineers that designed it could refine it a bit to make sturdy enough to use as a prop for costuming/cosplay, and priced it affordably, they'd sell them by the dozens. Imagine having a Jedi costume and being able to wear just a hilt, but when it comes to photo time, you can pull it off your belt and extend the blade. That would have a huge appeal to Jedi costumers as well as just fans in general, even if they aren't suitable for dueling.

Yeah I agree there would be some market for selling the extendable-blade sabers. I just don't think they are going to replace fixed-blade sabers. They will be an addition to the main saber market.

A lot depends on how feasible it is to give the extendable blade some durability. That won't be an easy trick. Even if you never intend to duel with it, it needs to be able to withstand some light hits just to live in the real world.

From what I understand, the blade internals are basically a lit-up tape measure and like a tape measure, would just flop around if you tried swinging it.
Have you watched the skit they do? They don't even try to be covert about it.

From what I understand, the blade internals are basically a lit-up tape measure and like a tape measure, would just flop around if you tried swinging it.

Every time this this subject comes up I like to post my thoughts on the tape measure Starcruiser sabers: the actors should wind up, swing hard, and tangle em up
D61C015F-09F5-48DA-9705-C495AC89B4C8.jpeg

But for cosplay purposes it doesn't really matter since all you'd be going is just posing with it.

For sure. It's still neat. I'd want one if it could be sized down to be screen accurate.
Scale/size doesn't matter much to me. All I'd care about is that it's not ridiculously oversized like the old flick out blades with the flashlight in the hilt ones. I'm not and have never been a rivet or stitch counter and as long as it looks reasonably close to accurate I'm fine with it, it doesn't need to be dead on accurate down to the last micrometer and exact size, shape, and placement of greeblies as well as duplicating every flaw. I'm one of those heathens who likes Stormtrooper helmets to be perfectly symmetrical and with as many of the decals being physical details because that's the way they'd be in universe.

Scale/size doesn't matter much to me. All I'd care about is that it's not ridiculously oversized like the old flick out blades with the flashlight in the hilt ones. I'm not and have never been a rivet or stitch counter and as long as it looks reasonably close to accurate I'm fine with it, it doesn't need to be dead on accurate down to the last micrometer and exact size, shape, and placement of greeblies as well as duplicating every flaw. I'm one of those heathens who likes Stormtrooper helmets to be perfectly symmetrical and with as many of the decals being physical details because that's the way they'd be in universe.
You and I are cut from the same mold.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back