Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser - merchandise

Actually if you watch the final episode from ordinary adventures. There was a point where the Rey character accidentally turned her saber off and turned it back on quickly. You’ll see it is a standard light saber with a plastic blade.

They made it look like a retractable blade by means of lighting and where she was positioned in her first appearance.

It was obvious after the fact that they were dueling pretty heavily with it, smacking blades against each other and off the rails, etc. A thin film blade never would’ve stood up to all of that.
I need a rewatch me thinks..

Yes, she puts the first one down and picks up another. She then proceeds with the worst choreographed saber duel in the history of all history.
To be fair, we have no idea how long they've been at this and it's quite possible that she, and the actor playing Kylo, don't have a background in stage fighting. They probably cast the Rey actress more on her ability to act, sound, and look like Rey than her ability to swing a lightsaber. I'd imagine that after just a few months of doing this the duel will look much, much better, assuming that she doesn't quit before then.

For the record, if it sounds like I'm defending Disney and the choices they've made for this fake cruise, I'm not. I'm just trying to be fair and not trying to nitpick this thing to death. However, I do agree that this thing is way overpriced and I've never been shy about saying that either. It looks pretty cool, sounds like it would be fun, but not $6,000 fun.

Speaking of being fair, here's a pretty even handed summary/review of one YouTuber's experience during the press event.

Actually if you watch the final episode from ordinary adventures. There was a point where the Rey character accidentally turned her saber off and turned it back on quickly. You’ll see it is a standard light saber with a plastic blade.

They made it look like a retractable blade by means of lighting and where she was positioned in her first appearance.

It was obvious after the fact that they were dueling pretty heavily with it, smacking blades against each other and off the rails, etc. A thin film blade never would’ve stood up to all of that.
I re watched that part a few times..
I think as she bends down she is actually putting it down and switching to a more robust lightsaber so she can duel/take hits with it..

If it is Infact retractable that would make sense.

I am told the retractable lightsaber is so fragile you can’t even swing it or the blade opens and spreads apart

It also comes out of the hilt on a angle it’s not perfect 90 with it

It’s only made for that one scene, and it’s placed on a foam pad For the trade off to the FX hilt
I just re-watched the video, and they do indeed make a switch. It’s a very obvious and sloppy switch too. It wpile be best to just use the standard force fx Lightsaber, instead of setting on the ground for no apparent reason and then pick it back up again and then go charge the bad guy.

I just re-watched the video, and they do indeed make a switch. It’s a very obvious and sloppy switch too. It wpile be best to just use the standard force fx Lightsaber, instead of setting on the ground for no apparent reason and then pick it back up again and then go charge the bad guy.
There’s 2 videos floating around with 2 different chicks, the first check had me totally fooled and I was curious how the blade could handle the hits

Second chick was too slow and I noticed the trade off lol

I’m sorry, but every time I see promotional material for the Galactic Starcruiser I feel embarrassed to be a Star Wars fan…

The excitement exhibited hardly equates to what is being shown, on-screen.

View attachment 1550955
WAY over reaction. Staged and stupid. I’m sure five year olds are convinced, but if you can drive yourself to work and are impressed with the above reaction, congratulations. You’re a loser. We are all pointing our fingers and laughing at you.

WAY over reaction. Staged and stupid. I’m sure five year olds are convinced, but if you can drive yourself to work and are impressed with the above reaction, congratulations. You’re a loser. We are all pointing our fingers and laughing at you.
For $6000 I can re-plaster the walls in my man cave and make them look like an office in Batuu. And then fill it with every legacy lightsaber they have, and complete my helmet collection.

Not since 1983 have I seen such a poorly choreographed “I keek you!!” move…

Clearly, Luke’s training has rubbed off…

18A1CB64-5F96-4845-A0B7-E7E332CB3834.jpeg
34023C7D-92E6-463D-A168-AFB5BCB3B592.jpeg

Last edited:
There’s 2 videos floating around with 2 different chicks, the first check had me totally fooled and I was curious how the blade could handle the hits

Second chick was too slow and I noticed the trade off lol
Yeah the vid with poor dialog is the bad switch where she is in the dark and music background noise overpowers her audio

Yeah the vid with poor dialog is the bad switch where she is in the dark and music background noise overpowers her audio
I can’t find the first video I saw.. pretty sure it was in someone’s blog.. but the first one was pretty good

Kylo ren pulling her.. fells almost like a reverse moon walk.. amazing how that kind of stuff works on screen but doesn’t in real life…

I can’t find the first video I saw.. pretty sure it was in someone’s blog.. but the first one was pretty good

Kylo ren pulling her.. fells almost like a reverse moon walk.. amazing how that kind of stuff works on screen but doesn’t in real life…
I've seen so many now I can't remember either..
The Rey slide looks like she's on a small escalator and she holds onto the rail which moves with her I think ?

The Rey slide looks like she's on a small escalator and she holds onto the rail which moves with her I think ?

I, too, am summoned and dragged forward by the awesome colossal powers of The Force every time I fly out of DIA, just like Starcruiser Rey…

D02EA9B1-EB25-4ABF-8BFB-5F961C10E279.jpeg

Last edited:
Exactly or she’s on a electric skateboard or something, maybe if they added some force sound while he’s pulling her

And by no means am I bad mouthing the actors and actresses, I think they are amazing

The flips and spins she does at the end is crazy, she even gets her head slammed on the railing, more believe able then WWE

There is a wicked cool video of her coming on board and talking with the kids about a secret mission and gives them a part to hide, the girl is a really good actress when playing with the kids

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back