Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser closing?

I watched and saved a bunch of videos about the Galactic Starcruiser. I can't believe I missed out and it's closed. I just never assumed it would close because it's Star Wars. There are a lot of negative posts here about it. But the concept although they didn't go 100% is a good if not great one.

Perhaps people here have forgotten already since there haven't been posts in a month. I can link or post some videos / articles if people want to see what I was checking out.

But in the end, to me Galactic Starcruiser seemed like an attempt at close to the Holodeck. And I think that's what most of us here who like Star Wars, Star Trek, etc. would like to experience. I got the feeling of the old Terminator 2 3D at Universal, another experience which I can't believe is closed, while watching and reading about Starcruiser.

I hope they just do more tweaks or build on what they've started. Because they seemed to be like 90% or so there. And they could continue it and perhaps 5 or 10 years from now the experience will really be incredible.

Other than the Falcon, the set-piece vehicles you can see are ST stuff -- an X-wing and an A-wing. I've only been twice (albeit on the same trip), but there were a fair number of relics of the OT scattered about -- smaller things, at least.

SSB
That and there are FO Stormtroopers walking around and occasionally you'll see Kylo Ren or Rey.

Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground has the well loved Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical review dinner show.

Disney should just make the Galactic Star Cruiser a dinner show..

Starcruiser never should have closed. So many ideas they could still do. I'm sure it was a business decision more than anything else. Part of me thinks that the people at the top of Disney were never fully committed to the project. For example, a few Starcruiser Tour videos show the drive to the location and you can see the back of Galaxy's Edge and the Starcruiser building. Which defeats the immersion and is such as easy thing to design around. But they didn't.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back