Star Wars fabric sourcing - help?

Cadena

I noticed that rey's sleeve are made from some sort of raw fabric. It appears to be torn up at the ends and also it appears to be a wrap rather than a single sleeve which is what i thought at first. Unless it is just a single sleeve that is wrinkled along the arm. I was thinking maybe linen or knitted wool of some sort - although it seem thinner than knitted wool. Does anyone know what type of material this is?

IMG_3295-e1429225468131.jpg

It looks like it could be raw silk, and that's a fabric they have used before (in some Jedi costumes). You could make it a sleeve that *looks* like a wrap (wrap the fabric strip(s) around an old cut-off sleeve maybe) and that would make it easier to get on/off. Muslin might be thinner and cooler, though, and might have a similar look to it for a lot less money. Also, I've used raw silk, and it doesn't always look the same in person as on film. Try a few swatches and see what looks best, not necesarily what is the same exact fabric, and you'll dazzle at cons even more. IMO, and as an amateur that's not worth as much as a pro's opinion of course. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back