Star Wars Episode VII Stormtrooper Pics

ss2.jpgss1.jpg
There it is, hallowed out and modeled as an stl file. You would have to scale the the helmet and cut it up in to pieces because it's way too big to print on most printers but I will work on that next. I've posted the stl file to my dropbox, you can download it here https://www.dropbox.com/s/4gagia592tnoand/sw_ep7_st_helmet_by_daniel_nelms_SmookCMb.stl
Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
I'm going to scale this to fit about a 24 inch head size then chop it up in NetFab so that the parts should be small enough for most people to print at home.

The model looks great. However in the picture posted by Fierfek the top of the helmet appears to be rounder and not so flat. Also the part of the jaw with vents looks to be more of a shelf then the rounded surface. It is highly likely the my interpretation is flawed from the gloss of the helmet and the other helmets behind it.

I guess we wont know for sure until the movie comes out, unless someone hear knows somebody at Disney or who's working in the prop shop :)
Sure would be fun to show up at the premiere wearing tho eh?

SmookCMb Someone commented on the thingiverse project that I uploaded and claims that you took their design and traced it. They are asking me to remove it.
Is this so, can you comment?

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:435168

Last edited by a moderator:
@SmookCMb Someone commented on the thingiverse project that I uploaded and claims that you took their design and traced it. They are asking me to remove it.
Is this so, can you comment?

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:435168

Haha just if you want...

i think i know who is this guy who is claims that...the design is not him, i really used just ref pics and drawings

this model is mine anyway

Somehow Im not surprised.. Anyway you did an AMAZING job and I hope my tribute does it justice. I replied to his comment and said I would talk to you first.

Attachments

• screen 72605.jpg
    screen 72605.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 233
I may have missed something but why is everyone so sure there's only one mic tip? The first "rendering" that appeared showed a mic tip on the left. The second "real" picture showed an actual helmet from the right side with no VISIBLE mic tip, but if you look in the background on the left side of the photo there's another helmet behind it and it looks the same on the right side. No VISIBLE mic tip. Are we sure these two images aren't just different because one was a concept and that they moved the mic tips further down below the seam to more closely replicate the older helmets? There are other differences from the render to the real photo as well. To me it looks like the mic tips were just positioned further down and aren't visible in the later image.
For one, the section circled in red is much thicker in the real helmet.
Look at the area circled in green. Left area...NO Mic Tip.
star-wars-episode-7-stormtrooper-helmet.jpg

Is this guy for real? This is becoming a pain in the rear-end, I just wanted to make a helmet for myself and figured others would want to do the same. :)

screen 73853.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like a completely different helmet. We wont know till they release more stills.

I may have missed something but why is everyone so sure there's only one mic tip? The first "rendering" that appeared showed a mic tip on the left. The second "real" picture showed an actual helmet from the right side with no VISIBLE mic tip, but if you look in the background on the left side of the photo there's another helmet behind it and it looks the same on the right side. No VISIBLE mic tip. Are we sure these two images aren't just different because one was a concept and that they moved the mic tips further down below the seam to more closely replicate the older helmets? There are other differences from the render to the real photo as well. To me it looks like the mic tips were just positioned further down and aren't visible in the later image.
For one, the section circled in red is much thicker in the real helmet.
Look at the area circled in green. Left area...NO Mic Tip.
View attachment 365608

It because there has been a rumor going around before these photos surfaced that the trooper helmet was asymmetrical with only one mic tip. Until we get a couple good reference photos that thought will probably prevail.

yeah but were these rumors started because someone saw the same two pictures earlier before they were leaked? I'll bet there's two mic tips and they're below the seam. If not, that is a horrible design decision. I mean look at the picture again. There's clearly another helmet behind it showing the left side (you can see the tube stripes and the seam) and NO MIC TIP.

star-wars-episode-7-stormtrooper-prop.jpg

Last edited:
Personally I hope that is the case. That pinterest rendering looks pretty good to me, with the two mic tips and the vocoder. I think that might quell some of the motorcycle helmet comparisons.

yeah but were these rumors started because someone saw the same two pictures earlier before they were leaked? I'll bet there's two mic tips and they're below the seam. If not, that is a horrible design decision. I mean look at the picture again. There's clearly another helmet behind it showing the left side (you can see the tube stripes and the seam) and NO MIC TIP.

View attachment 365630

I can say that I've been hearing the asymmetric rumor for at least a month before those photos came out. As to whether the source of the rumor is the photos as opposed to an eye witness account your guess is as good as mine.

You all likley already saw this but I found another picture here http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/08...lace-2199638?lt_source=external,manual#bG6eqK

"The new Stormtrooper helmet above matches up with a sketch posted on Instagram days earlier by artist Tom Hodges (who's past work includes Star Wars webcomics and Star Wars Insider Magazine). Hodges claimed to have seen the helmet, saying, "It's not much, but it's enough. Don't ask how I've seen it, I just have.""
sw3-star-wars-episode-7-all-the-spoilers-rumors-and-easter-eggs-in-one-place.webp

- - - Updated - - -

The "mic ports" in this painting look almost like inlet cones on a jet engine. Could it be for air intake?

SmookCMb I have taken down most of the files and will work on one of my own little by little but based on his argument anything that looks the least bit similar to the production shots is his design somehow. He mentions that he intends to sell these for money which seems could be the root of the issue. I don't know if he is going to claim that any tribute helmet for episode 7 was stolen from his design or if you alone reserve that position but I don't envy you. ;)

But it's all good I will work something else. :D

@SmookCMb I have taken down most of the files and will work on one of my own little by little but based on his argument anything that looks the least bit similar to the production shots is his design somehow. He mentions that he intends to sell these for money which seems could be the root of the issue. I don't know if he is going to claim that any tribute helmet for episode 7 was stolen from his design or if you alone reserve that position but I don't envy you. ;)

But it's all good I will work something else. :D

So, it is correct the guy that i think who is....he post mentioning something he pretend to make raw cast helmets to get money before i release this helmet maybe the problem passes to that way...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back