Star Wars Episode VII Stormtrooper Pics

Seriously? one picture of the helmets, most likely in the process of being made and not complete, and you've already made up your mind? How do you know they won't weather them?
And not to argue, but the main contrast between the Empire and Rebellion was that the Empire was cold, clean, smooth, and polished compared to the dirty, worn, industrialized look of everything else. So it's not really a valid point of complaint that the stormtrooper helmets aren't weathered.

Yeah, I don't want to argue with you, because that's not productive, but you are wrong on every level and your opinion makes no difference to me :lol ;) also, my point IS completely valid, just because you don't agree with it means very little :lol

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
Seriously? one picture of the helmets, most likely in the process of being made and not complete, and you've already made up your mind? How do you know they won't weather them?
And not to argue, but the main contrast between the Empire and Rebellion was that the Empire was cold, clean, smooth, and polished compared to the dirty, worn, industrialized look of everything else. So it's not really a valid point of complaint that the stormtrooper helmets aren't weathered.

Spot on and plenty OT helmets were not even weathered at all. Lots of Imperial troops were seen with nice, pristine armor in the OT, particularly on the Death Stars.

I like the new look of the helmet, it reminds me of of the havoc troopers . I will wait to judge till I see the whole kit. My bigger concern is what JJ is going to do with the movie, especially after the second trek,

-Mike

What do you guys think about this? Found them on Etsy

il_570xN.644287781_djn3.jpg

il_570xN.644174616_3y2m.jpg

Surprise! hehe well after my ep7's Stormtrooper helmet i have another project already done and wainting to be released! :)

JJ_trooper_01.JPG
32tfgvfv_3.jpg

I like the new look of the helmet, it reminds me of of the havoc troopers . I will wait to judge till I see the whole kit. My bigger concern is what JJ is going to do with the movie, especially after the second trek,

-Mike

Off topic, but I agree...I'm not convinced JJ was the right choice, the only saving grace I can see is Larry Kasden is writing...hopefully he still has that ESB magic;)

Off topic, but I agree...I'm not convinced JJ was the right choice, the only saving grace I can see is Larry Kasden is writing...hopefully he still has that ESB magic;)

That seems to have been the thought of many people in this thread and others over the months, but over time one fantastic photo after another has been shown/leaked/whatever and the general consensus is that of a very good deal of positive vibe going forward. The trooper helmet seems to have garnered its fair share of likes/dislikes that run the gamut, but overall JJ seems to have done a pretty good job so far of convincing people he has his sea legs about him when it comes to his vision of Ep. VII...

Some of you guys are way to fast on modeling or making these new helmets.
there isn't even a reference picture of the back of the helmet. let alone some clear shots of the details. You could be making things completely wrong...

So far every helmet i've seen made looks diffrent because of the missing reference.

So...

We've all stared at the 2 "official pics" for the last few weeks...

I've noticed a few things.

First off, the "nose" area is off kilter, or asymmetrical... The first leaked pic of the left "aerator side" shows the cheek part of the nose section is very close to the cheek tube. Leaving a tiny gap...

While the right side "non aerator" pic shows quite a large gap...

I just hope that all the internet fan talk about troops needing to be asymmetrical (I'm guilty, but we were talking about if they were OT style !) didn't cause the artists to just tilt the nose, or purposefully made a larger gap on one side... cause the rest of the helmet looks like a perfectly symmetrical motorcycle helmet...

Maybe one pic is final version and one was almost final? Who knows? Personally I think the thin line shown on the first pic looks better, and should be the same on both sides.

Another thing:

The tabs on the "ears" almost look like they are set in a cutout area... Like it's a locking button... MAYBE the top part can be switched out for a pilot type helmet? Either way the little "ear" tab looks like is rounded on the corners and the cutout is a bit sharper. This is most evident in the second pic of the left side showing the lack of aerator.

Art Andrews said something to the effect of the new helmets being more functional... What if not only they can work with other hemet configurations...

What if they ARE like motorcycle helmets in form and function for all the practical fx and subsequent falling and dive rolling for all the troops... YOU KNOW the guys in ANH got some SERIOUS "armor bite" maybe the new suits will be designed with this in mind?

Sorry, the lack of news or pics has caused me to think some random thoughts and just thought I'd share.

Probably way off... But it's fun to wildly speculate! LOL!

No harm in playing around, but saying a model is ready for release, that's too premature. But it all depends how many times you want to remake your own model.

Surprise! Here's the new EP.VII Stormtrooper helmet that I've been working on. What do you guys think?

I did my best to achieve a level of accuracy with the few reference pictures available.

14869202510_b97d9e9a90_o.jpg

14869202330_e170af289b_o.jpg

15032852956_3e9cb0745d_o.jpg

14869202510_b97d9e9a90_o.jpg

14869202330_e170af289b_o.jpg

15032852956_3e9cb0745d_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back