Star Wars Costumes Book Contest - Enter for a Chance to Win!

The moment Luke donned the stormtrooper outfit it became clear that it was possible to own and wear, and ever since I've wanted one.

Stormluker.jpg

Boba Fett: Prototype 2

My first real glance at the coolest character in Star Wars. Even though I'm building a ROTJ version right now, I will always look back on the PP2 and just marvel at how complex the costume is and how each scratch and dent tells a story.

Boba-Fett-Costume-Second-Prototype-01.jpg

Sandtroopers hands down. These aren't the Stormtroopers your imperial recruiter told you about. They are not afraid to get dirty.
German and Spanish pouches. Kick ass pauldron on the shoulder. ...and the T-21 is a repurposed WWI Lewis Machine Gun. How can you go wrong?

ESB_Boba_Fett.jpg

Boba Fett, baby. Especially his ESB look. No wonder he left his mark on the fandom, given his limited role and appearance in the movie; his armor and props are so intricate it's hard to believe. His helmet's paint job is one of the most complex ever put to film; this costume is a walking masterpiece. They worked a LOT on this character's look and it shows. By far the most interesting costume of the trilogy.

Snowtroopers! I always thought they looked the most badass, combining the harshness of the stormtooper look with the weather-ready coats/masks necessary for Hoth.

1276px-Snowtrooper_Captain.jpg

Boushh. Only shown in one movie for about 10 mins max but combines the awesomeness of a bounty hunter with a hit of royalty. The big reason why I'm making my own costume of it!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412902724.656310.jpg

This is a tough one. I mean, immediately my mind goes to Stormtroopers, then to Scout Troopers, then over to Boushh... for sheer cool factor. But when I really think about it, it's got to be C-3PO. I mean, all those other costumes are amazing and wonderful. Even those that look like aliens or make you wonder who or what is under the helmet. But Threepio... it's the one costume that completely fools you. You forget there is a fine actor in there and that this isn't actually some modern technological wonder of a working, walking, talking, robot. It's really an astounding costume even without Anthony Daniels driving it. It is the one costume in the entire franchise that allows you to completely get lost in the character in this amazing universe, and forget that everything on screen isn't real. For that reason alone, C-3PO takes the win!

C3P0.png

0_26497_946fac81_XL.jpg

Last edited:
I always wanted a C3PO costume ever since I first saw the film in the theaters, I was a skinny runt back then and I would have rocked that costume.

40FDBEC19.jpg

Unfortunately these days I might have to go with the guy top left in this pic instead...

jabba__s_palace_color_by_frisbeegod-d5bfrgl.jpg

250px-Yavin_base_briefing_room.jpg

The Rebel Pilot uniforms :D I always loved the pilots, the distinctive orange uniforms, and the pivotal role they played in all the major battles! Hope to own one myself :D

Biker Scout all the way. Coolest tree-huggers in the trilogy.
You can sit down. You can squat down to get on the same level as little kids. If you scare any children, you can flip up the helmet visor and flash a smile. You've got pockets and a built-in holster. And even if people don't recognize it as a Scout Trooper, per se, you usually get called you a Stormtrooper, and, hey, that's close enough! ;)

tb8968_full.jpg

I don't think I can pick one stand out favorite, but the Y-Wing Pilot was something I researched for years. No clear photos existed in the public of the chest box. I built a couple versions of the costume but they were way off. In 2011 had the opportunity to walk through the Skywalker Ranch archives. When I found the Y-Wing pilot vest and about flipped. Of course, I was already flipping out so it may have been hard to tell. I filled my iPhone camera to capacity that day. :)

Colonel_salm.jpg

Personally I think Princess Leia's dress during the Award ceremony at the end of ANH was quite fetching, It was feminine and classy, with some decolletage thrown in for effect! :)

ceremonial_leia.jpg

For me ESB Boba!

I love the complexity of this costume. A ton of details but it doesn't look overfreighted. Also it was my most challenging build, costume-wise
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412917290.199997.jpg

Darth Vader's costume is my favorite. From the moment he explodes into the scene in a New Hope until he is unmasked in Return of the Jedi, he is the epitome of evil and in the end a loving father. Sc4-darth-vader.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back