Star Wars Celebration Red 1pyro model

barney five

Sr Member
dropjaw.jpg

vectorzero

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Great pics swgeeks (y) :cool: Reminded me of the first time I saw, in person, an XWing + YWing in a small expo (Brussels, 1977).
Didn't take pics at the time; quite impossible with a Kodak Instamatic and a Cube flash:whistle::oops::p

I think I may have seen that exact display at the Ideal Home Exhibition in London around 1978. My mother dragged me to the exhibition and I was bored senseless until I stumbled upon a Star Wars exhibit and a cabinet with an X-Wing and a Y-Wing in it. No camera, so I just drank it all in with my eyes for as long as I could. Still remember being shocked at their size (bigger than expected), roughness of the finish and the level of detail. My inspiration moment for studio scale replicas.

joberg

Master Member
I think I may have seen that exact display at the Ideal Home Exhibition in London around 1978. My mother dragged me to the exhibition and I was bored senseless until I stumbled upon a Star Wars exhibit and a cabinet with an X-Wing and a Y-Wing in it. No camera, so I just drank it all in with my eyes for as long as I could. Still remember being shocked at their size (bigger than expected), roughness of the finish and the level of detail. My inspiration moment for studio scale replicas.
I always wondered if this mini-expo was for Brussels only or other European capitals:unsure:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.