Star Wars Celebration Red 1pyro model

dropjaw.jpg

Great pics swgeeks (y) :cool: Reminded me of the first time I saw, in person, an XWing + YWing in a small expo (Brussels, 1977).
Didn't take pics at the time; quite impossible with a Kodak Instamatic and a Cube flash:whistle::oops::p

I think I may have seen that exact display at the Ideal Home Exhibition in London around 1978. My mother dragged me to the exhibition and I was bored senseless until I stumbled upon a Star Wars exhibit and a cabinet with an X-Wing and a Y-Wing in it. No camera, so I just drank it all in with my eyes for as long as I could. Still remember being shocked at their size (bigger than expected), roughness of the finish and the level of detail. My inspiration moment for studio scale replicas.

I think I may have seen that exact display at the Ideal Home Exhibition in London around 1978. My mother dragged me to the exhibition and I was bored senseless until I stumbled upon a Star Wars exhibit and a cabinet with an X-Wing and a Y-Wing in it. No camera, so I just drank it all in with my eyes for as long as I could. Still remember being shocked at their size (bigger than expected), roughness of the finish and the level of detail. My inspiration moment for studio scale replicas.
I always wondered if this mini-expo was for Brussels only or other European capitals:unsure:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back