Star Trek Velour Discussion

Re: Anovos Scammed Me And 30+ Others

First and foremost, I know you are upset, I PM'ed John here about this but he has not opened that PM

Now having said that I would be considering other options at this point, as the chances of you getting the Tunic by the time of the Con are not good.

As I answered in your PM I would post on their facebook as well as twitter accounts respectfully and see what they say.

If anything, As I posted in your earlier thread concerning this, is that this should be a lesson learned to NEVER, EVER believe the roll out dates for Products.

To much can happen that cause unforseen delays that they simply have no controll over.

Last edited:

First and foremost, I know you are upset, I PM'ed John here about this but he has not opened that PM

Now having said that I would be considering other options at this point, as the chances of you getting the Tunic by the time of the Con are not good.

As I answered in your PM I would post of their facebook as well as twitter accounts respectfully and see what they say.

If anything, As I posted in your earlier thread concerning this, is that this should be a lesson learned to NEVER, EVER believe the roll out dates for Products.

To much can happen that cause unforseen delays that they simply have no contoll over.
Got it straightened out, thanks for the advice

Last edited:

I can totally see why you're upset. I would be too! But "scamming" is a very strong word... It sounds like really poor communication and management from their side, but I don't think they took your money and ran. I'm sure this will all be sorted out, even though it sucks that you had to go through all of this hassle.

I can totally see why you're upset. I would be too! But "scamming" is a very strong word... It sounds like really poor communication and management from their side, but I don't think they took your money and ran. I'm sure this will all be sorted out, even though it sucks that you had to go through all of this hassle.

Got it straightened out, thanks for the advice

Last edited:
Hi Cole,

John here. :) I just tried calling (I left a message) to speak to you and your Mom regarding your order's status, and to clear up a couple of perhaps misunderstandings.

First, let me say I'm sorry for any initial confusion regarding the pre-order status of your original order (placed last year at 11:12pm on March 31st 2015) of a Premier Line Star Trek The Original Series Captain's Tunic. These items used to be handmade in a small facility here in the states, and for a multitude of reasons the run you joined did not go to production.

Now, in business as in life change is the name of the game, and when we spoke in the past I always provided you with the most recent, and accurate information available to me at that time. When dealing with small runs of highly detailed, handmade items such as this tunic - production schedules can be at the mercy of a number of external factors. In this case factory availability, materials, and demand dictate what a small company like ours can do.

This particular 3rd Season Star Trek product was scheduled for manufacture, and for reasons that I won't go into it wasn't able to be made. We had the new Velour tunics coming on line, and contacted customers to see if they would prefer to roll their order over to the velour or be refunded immediately. Most chose to roll into the velour and accept a refund of the difference when we finalized pricing for the velour tunics. Ultimately we found that it was a better and cleaner practice to simply refund all the Premier orders, and then have the customer re-order the new uniforms. Which was done with your order, and your Mom ordered the new velour tunic for you (she's cool).

As for the idea that your original order would be ready by STLV 2015, well I had hoped that would be the case, and with the information at my disposal at the time - seemed reasonable. Unfortunately, forces outside our control lead to a change, and I am sorry for that, but it does happen. It happens with products alllllllllllll the time in fact, but it largely goes unnoticed, its magnified here because of the pre-order nature of ANOVOS production model.

As for your current order (and as a member of the team that developed it) that tunic will be one of the finest Star Trek products we have ever developed. My design partner and I killed an entire run of insignia patches for it because we wanted to make them better and closer to the original, and my boss/friend Got Maul spent years and years getting the color just right. When you get it, I think / hope your'll love it like I do.

As for IT'S delivery, we're shooting for September...just in time for the 50th.

Take care and I hope to talk to you soon.
John

OMG JOHN !!!!! THANK YOU !!!!!!!, Thats exactly what I needed was you to respond, I feel better already LOL !!!!

So anyway, yeah I emailed Joe back and forth and he seemed pretty angry ( Which is not what I wanted to do ), he threatened to cancel my order so I want to apologize for all the rude things said on Facebook ( I was very angry then), Ive decided to buy a DS9 pattern and sew it myself ( look out for competition " ColeNovos" ), so that costume will be ready by STLV and comic con, and yes WOW it was not 2 years yet, it sure did feel like it ( sorry for that),

I do not want to cancel my order and I hope Joe did not already

Anyway I need to wait for my mom to get home ( my Phone broke, so I gave you her number ),and ill call you back

Thanks John, Im glad you are still around, hope to say hi at Comic Con this year

LLAP

Cole

Hi Cole,

John here. :) I just tried calling (I left a message) to speak to you and your Mom regarding your order's status, and to clear up a couple of perhaps misunderstandings.

First, let me say I'm sorry for any initial confusion regarding the pre-order status of your original order (placed last year at 11:12pm on March 31st 2015) of a Premier Line Star Trek The Original Series Captain's Tunic. These items used to be handmade in a small facility here in the states, and for a multitude of reasons the run you joined did not go to
production.

Now, in business as in life change is the name of the game, and when we spoke in the past I always provided you with the most recent, and accurate information available to me at that time. When dealing with small runs of highly detailed, handmade items such as this tunic - production schedules can be at the mercy of a number of external factors. In this case factory availability, materials, and demand dictate what a small company like ours can do.

This particular 3rd Season Star Trek product was scheduled for manufacture, and for reasons that I won't go into it wasn't able to be made. We had the new Velour tunics coming on line, and contacted customers to see if they would prefer to roll their order over to the velour or be refunded immediately. Most chose to roll into the velour and accept a refund of the difference when we finalized pricing for the velour tunics. Ultimately we found that it was a better and cleaner practice to simply refund all the Premier orders, and then have the customer re-order the new uniforms. Which was done with your order, and your Mom ordered the new velour tunic for you (she's cool).

As for the idea that your original order would be ready by STLV 2015, well I had hoped that would be the case, and with the information at my disposal at the time - seemed reasonable. Unfortunately, forces outside our control lead to a change, and I am sorry for that, but it does happen. It happens with products alllllllllllll the time in fact, but it largely goes unnoticed, its magnified here because of the pre-order nature of ANOVOS production model.

As for your current order (and as a member of the team that developed it) that tunic will be one of the finest Star Trek products we have ever developed. My design partner and I killed an entire run of insignia patches for it because we wanted to make them better and closer to the original, and my boss/friend Got Maul spent years and years getting the color just right. When you get it, I think / hope your'll love it like I do.

As for IT'S delivery, we're shooting for September...just in time for the 50th.

Take care and I hope to talk to you soon.
John
Sent you our phone number, she did not seem to get the message, call at any time

Thanks, Cole

Just and Update as far a my situation, things are looking on the up and up, and I am confident that this will be resolved, I just wish things would not of have gotten so heated as far as emails. For some reason now I can no longer email them or comment on their Facebook page ????, so other than that I am going to stick it and just wait till september and call it settled, just hoping that I can contact them on Facebook or support tickets in the future.

Also, after more and more I've read, I think waiting to make sure they get it right ( even if its 6 months late ), is all worth it, the same happened recently with the bluetooth communicator, and as far as a uniform for STLV I'm thinking about making one

LLAP

Cole

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back