Star Trek T.O.S. Bridge Build 1:10 Scale

Re: T.O.S. Enterprise Bridge Build 1/10th Scale

This looks fantastic... Better than your previous cardboard build, and I thought that was great.

My thanks to you all for your kind words of support. They are really appreciated. :)
Well, I have managed to pretty much finish the Burke Chair and all that remains now is to tidy up any general imperfections on the model, fill and paint the sides, and cut and glue the carpet into position.
Untitled-22.jpg

Untitled-38.jpg

Untitled-35.jpg

And that should have been an end to it, but I started to build the captain's chair, just to see what it would look like :unsure

I had to boil up the styrene rods to get them to bend to make the curve in the chair back. Bob will be proud of me! :cool
Untitled-33.jpg

Untitled-32.jpg

Untitled-24.jpg

Untitled-27.jpg

I cut 3mm from the height of the circular swivel under the seat, so that Kirk's feet can now easily reach the ground.
Untitled-30.jpg

That's all for the moment but I will post again when I have made some progress. Thank you for looking in :)

Last edited:

This is awesome. I started working on a bridge in 1:18 (Star Wars/ GI Joe scale) a while back for my playmates 2009 Abrahams Trek figures. They are the only TOS looking figs I have at the moment. I started with Kirks chair and that was as far as I got at the time as other projects took over. This thread is inspiring me to dust off the old project and finish it up.

Great work, everything is top notch, the lighting and the screens look great.

Many thanks, Guys! :)

This is awesome. I started working on a bridge in 1:18 (Star Wars/ GI Joe scale) a while back for my playmates 2009 Abrahams Trek figures. They are the only TOS looking figs I have at the moment. I started with Kirks chair and that was as far as I got at the time as other projects took over. This thread is inspiring me to dust off the old project and finish it up.

Great work, everything is top notch, the lighting and the screens look great.

I think the figures you are referring to are the 3.75" Playmates Galaxy Figures. They are really cool little guys and I am using them on my Eagle transporter build, although they are slightly oversized for that build but not so much to be a problem. it just means all the figures would be about 6' 3" tall. :lol They are really versatile when it comes to customising them. The Playmates Warp set are the 6" version and they worked great in my previous TOS bridge build.

Well, I have made a little progress with the chair. I have filled it and sanded it as much as I can and I have painted it up and started to make the panels for the arms.
Untitled-42.jpg

Untitled-41.jpg

Untitled-40.jpg

I still need to tidy up the paint in places, but I will wait until all the other bits are finished. I am in two minds about cutting and glueing on a piece of felt to imitate the carpet that they put on the pedastool in later episodes, or just paint it up to match the sides. I will post the finished thing as soon as its done.
Thank you for looking in! :)

Last edited:

Looking good, Buddy! :)

As for the felt flooring, my first impulse is to assume the felt may collect dirt over time (what doesn't? :unsure ), but would be harder to keep tidy than a smooth floor.

Are you going to have the 'regular' armchair buttons, or are you going to feature the 'pod jettison' button from "Court-Martial"? :lol

Well, it's not actually felt as such but craft foam which is 1.5mm thick. I bought some in dark grey, light grey, and beige/sand colours. I am certain you know the stuff :)

As for the button question, I apologise for the error in my update. I somehow got a typo on the URL of the third Photo. Take a look and that should now answer your question.....I hope :eek

Glad to see you're back at this Atlanthia. And with Styrene! It's already shaping up to be a class-act.

Bruce, your opinion, as you know, means the world to me.. So did you finish yours for the model exhibition or not? You left us all hanging by a thread, promising more updates, and then you disappeared! We were gutted!

Thanks, Bob. They were actually a revelation for this build. They're nail gems!

Last edited:

Thanks, Bob. They were actually a revelation for this build. They are nail gems! but in actual fact, I could pay someone megga bucks to design and produce the original resin parts at 1/10th scale and they wouldn't do a better job than these things do already..

Nail gems, eh? Wow...I learn something new about you every day! :lol

You TART! :lol

It was the Missus that enlightened me to their similarity to the resin "controls" on the Enterprise bridge. She says, "Hi!" by the way...

Thanks, Guys, and good to see you back, Progrocker! :)

I am sure that I speak for the whole of the RPF when I say, congratulations!!! Is it a boy or a girl? What did you call it? How much did it weigh??? Answers! We need answers!!! :lol

Thanks Atlanthia! It's good to be back here, browsing and dreaming :)
We had a girl and we named her Kayleigh :) She was 8 pounds and 6 ounces.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back