Star Trek Next Generation Enterprise 1701-D Model Help

Wakeem

Sr Member
I need some help finding information about an old Enterprise 1701-D model from The Next Generation. I don't know if it was a studio scale model so I started the thread here.

The model was released a long time ago, I think the late 90s. I recall seeing an advertisement for the model in a Star Trek magazine. The model was priced around $2000 and some areas had gold details. The ship could also light up. I've searched here and online but I haven't seen any pictures or reviews. A friend told me he saw the ship once at a Star Trek (Viacom) Store in Chicago. However, the store somehow didn't have the base or part that powered the lights.

Anyone know about this model? Have it or any pictures? As far as I know, this is still the best version of the Next Generation Enterprise. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I remember that as well. I know it has been discussed here but I can't find using the search button. It was all brass, internal lights, and your right, about $2,000. I think there were severe quaility control issues with the few that did get out. I even remember someone restoring one as well. I'll keep searching, maybe it was another site.

I remember that as well. I know it has been discussed here but I can't find using the search button. It was all brass, internal lights, and your right, about $2,000. I think there were severe quaility control issues with the few that did get out. I even remember someone restoring one as well. I'll keep searching, maybe it was another site.

Thanks for the info. Adding "brass" to my search resulted with the producing company's name: Masterpiece Replicas. However, I did not find a dedicated thread on the model. Also, I only found one small, old eBay auction pic. I guess not having the money to purchase this back in the day was a good thing...

I happened to come across a copy of the ad.
IMG_0004.jpg

I actually have one of those! It looks much worse in that pic (probably a prototype). The later ads (with the chubby girl holding it) were of a production model. It looks a lot better there.

In person, the contours are more-accurate and the color is a warmer gray. It is patterned after the TV-version. The retro-fit movie-version model was fairly different.

I will probably upgrade it with better lights and restore it at some point.

Or sell it. I dunno. It sits for now...

I actually have one of those! It looks much worse in that pic (probably a prototype). The later ads (with the chubby girl holding it) were of a production model. It looks a lot better there.

In person, the contours are more-accurate and the color is a warmer gray. It is patterned after the TV-version. The retro-fit movie-version model was fairly different.

Would you care to share some pictures of it? They would go great with this thread.

I happened to come across a copy of the ad.

Thanks for the ad. It is different than the one I vaguely remember.

Yes, please post pics. I can't find good pictures anywhere...I asked my friend about it again and he thought it looked pretty accurate at the Star Trek store. But a bit lifeless since the lights weren't on. He also recalls that the ship was hanging from the ceiling and they were offering it at a discount since it didn't have the power base.

I own one of these models. It is #57 of 5,000. I had some issues with Masterpiece Replicas as they kept promising to send my model but were very slow to do so. I have all of the documentation for the model as well as the correspondence with Masterpiece Replicas. I have had it out of the box twice since I received it back in the 1990's. Once to make sure I got what I expected and paid for and once to take pictures of it - some pictures with just room fluorescent lighting and then some with the room lights off and the models' lights on. Actually looks pretty cool. You are right, it is very difficult to find any info on this model so imagine my surprise when I saw your post from 2011. It is now 2014 but I thought I would become a member of this site in case you had any questions about this model.

For those wanting to see pictures of the ST:TNG Enterprise 1701-D model, send me your email and I will forward the pictures I have of my model.

I just figured out how to attach the pictures so no need to email me. I hope these come through properly.

Attachments

• DSC00595.JPG
    DSC00595.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 468
  • DSC00596.JPG
    DSC00596.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 396
  • DSC00597.JPG
    DSC00597.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 380
  • DSC00598.JPG
    DSC00598.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 397
  • DSC00601.JPG
    DSC00601.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 378
  • DSC00602.JPG
    DSC00602.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 390
  • DSC00603.JPG
    DSC00603.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 331
  • DSC00604.JPG
    DSC00604.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 320
  • DSC00605.JPG
    DSC00605.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 308
  • DSC00606.JPG
    DSC00606.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 307
I really wish someone could do an accurate version of the big D,in this scale. A 6 foot version is too big for me and the round is too small!

I'm really considering using the blue prints. I don't know if I have the skills but it sounds like a doable project. The ship is nearly 271/2"! The primary hull is approximately 20". A perfect size for me. I've always liked Mr. Proberts D. Most find it fugly ,but for me different is appealing. Any takers....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    854.5 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    798.8 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    775.9 KB · Views: 148
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    700.7 KB · Views: 133
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back