Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - Khan's Starfleet Necklace

Zachilles

Hi all,

I am planning to recreate the starfleet necklace Khan wore in TWOK film. I am hoping the fans here can help me source all the material needed to make the most screen accurate necklace to date. To start off, right now I am on the fence in deciding whether to purchase the Anovos starfleet buckle or the Roddenberry website version. That said, can anyone help provide me with a list of components of what they think all these items consist of?

Appreciate the help!

image.jpg

IMG_1885_lzn.jpg

I have a buckle (left), sold by Kerezman, said to have been made by the artisan who made the buckles and pins for Wrath of Khan. Note the vertical texture on the delta shield.

Mine is similar to those sold by Roddenberry. http://www.roddenberry.com/star-trek-federation-buckle.html

The buckle on the right is by the member who made the replica Khan necklaces about 5 years ago I think it was. This version is shinier and has a narrower "star" cutout in the middle of the delta. However, in later films the screenused buckles looked similar to this (i.e. similar to the Anovos version).

http://www.anovos.com/products/star-trek-the-original-series-movie-era-starfleet-dress-belt-buckle

As someone who spends a lot of time staring at electronics for a job, I can tell you that the wire covered rings on each side are fairly common (on computer circuit boards at least), i'm fairly sure they are called "Magnetic Inductors" if you are looking to order them separately.

Not sure on the rest but I hope this comes out well for you.

Thanks W,

do you happen to know what those 6 silver looking pieces that hold the wires in place throughout the necklace are called? Also, what about the center piece above the starfleet emblem?

As someone who spends a lot of time staring at electronics for a job, I can tell you that the wire covered rings on each side are fairly common (on computer circuit boards at least), i'm fairly sure they are called "Magnetic Inductors" if you are looking to order them separately.

Not sure on the rest but I hope this comes out well for you.

Thanks W,

do you happen to know what those 6 silver looking pieces that hold the wires in place throughout the necklace are called? Also, what about the center piece above the starfleet emblem?

They look like these quick release rings with the threaded end cut off.

image.jpg

The center piece looks like a modified multi position rotary switch.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for that input Jim, Do you know where I can get that specific multi position rotary switch? I think this might be it! Can you provide a hyperlink to this exact one?

They look like these quick release rings with the threaded end cut off.

View attachment 479510

The center piece looks like a modified multi position rotary switch.
View attachment 479529

- - - Updated - - -

Also, is the cloth material made form Suede? Does anyone know?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back