STAR TREK DISCOVERY has been cancelled after 5 seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows? Who in their right mind watches this crap anymore?

I would still watch it...disappointedly. It's still Star Trek and just like Gene Roddenberry had hope for the future, I keep watching the series in hopes that there will be a good episode of Discovery. Chances are there won't be, but my Fear of Missing out comes into play.

TazMan2000

Who knows? Who in their right mind watches this crap anymore?

drw.gif

It's a perfect example of how to ruin a franchise, when the point was, trying to revitalize the franchise.
Except they did revitalize it. Without Disco there wouldn't have been any other series.
While Disco was not great, it did end up giving us 4 other shows.

I would still watch it...disappointedly. It's still Star Trek and just like Gene Roddenberry had hope for the future, I keep watching the series in hopes that there will be a good episode of Discovery. Chances are there won't be, but my Fear of Missing out comes into play.

TazMan2000
It's not Star Trek. It's really badly done fanfic with a crap message and agenda baked in.

TazMan2000

This is called "sunk-cost fallacy".

Except they did revitalize it. Without Disco there wouldn't have been any other series.
While Disco was not great, it did end up giving us 4 other shows.

Somebody at CBS Paramount was wise enough to notice that when they introduced the Enterprise into Discovery, that ratings went up. They tested that theory with Short Treks. I think it was more by accident, than design.

TazMan2000

Roddenberry would be spinning in his grave if he had one. What TOS did was not "a message". He wasn't trying to teach anyone anything. He was just addressing social issues of the day. Today, they're trying to force a specific political and ideological agenda down your gullet.

Roddenberry was spinning in his chair and wheelchair whenever Paramount made any decision regarding anything to do with ST whether it was regarding the movies or TV. He made some good calls, but so did Paramount. I think if all decisions were left to each side, the whole franchise would have imploded long ago.

Not disagreeing with you, but you have to be careful with politics here. It may result in getting this thread shut down, or worse. Not worth it.

TazMan2000

Let's look past the agenda, as if we could even agree on what it is or even if it's there, and get to the most important thing, that, no matter how noble that intention might be, IT'S JUST A TERRIBLE SHOW.

Ding-ding-ding! The obnoxious, forced politics are the least of its problems. Purely on a story/character/internal logic/continuity level, it’s been an utter disaster from Day One.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back